bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 26th Mar 2010, 09:39   #81
KrunchR
Supermodder

KrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitKrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitKrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitKrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitKrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitKrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitKrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitKrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitKrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitKrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitKrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Wonderful work, as usual.
KrunchR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Mar 2010, 09:40   #82
Bullitdodger
If it ain't broke....Tweak it.

Bullitdodger has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnewby View Post
@bullit,snipe This was unintentional, but spooky if you google the name.
I just have to put a gem on the circular part.
I just did. Was that intentionel, or just one of those things?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iota_Orionis

Last edited by Bullitdodger; 26th Mar 2010 at 09:40. Reason: typo
Bullitdodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Mar 2010, 15:31   #83
Combatus
Custom PC/bit-tech modding sections

Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.
Hopefully the core components will be with you soon! Intel thought they'd sent the CPU, our calls to Gigabyte went unanswered as our contact had left and the HD 5870 was my fault It had been sitting in out lab for 3 weeks! 5870 is on it's way and we've chased up Gigabyte and Intel! Should be with you soon!
Is the res loud, like, constantly making you need a piss loud?
Combatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Mar 2010, 07:09   #84
Attila
still thinking....

Attila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for president
Continuing on with the struts, the rest are cut and then roughly ground down as a group with an angle grinder.

And after some more filing........

Still the early stages for these parts.

Last edited by Attila; 26th Mar 2013 at 00:02.
Attila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Mar 2010, 08:34   #85
Attila
still thinking....

Attila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for president
The next step is to fix the struts to the lower main support. This is accomplished with two M4 socket head screws for each strut.

Once the holes are drilled, they are then counter bored to take the heads of the screws.

Then the struts are drilled and tapped.

And fitted.

Back soon.

Last edited by Attila; 26th Mar 2013 at 00:54. Reason: photobucket f**k up.
Old 31st Mar 2010, 10:37   #86
Jipa
Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Jipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run Crysis
Not only is it shaping up to be another great project from you, it's also an awesome testimony to what can be done with a proper bench press and a jig saw
Old 31st Mar 2010, 10:41   #87
M7ck
Ⓜod Ⓜaster

M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
You have far too much talent and vision for one man, did you make a deal with the devil? This has the potential to make another MOTY win for you.
Old 31st Mar 2010, 10:55   #88
Nealieboyee
Packaging Master!

Nealieboyee is definitely a rep cheat.Nealieboyee is definitely a rep cheat.Nealieboyee is definitely a rep cheat.Nealieboyee is definitely a rep cheat.Nealieboyee is definitely a rep cheat.Nealieboyee is definitely a rep cheat.Nealieboyee is definitely a rep cheat.Nealieboyee is definitely a rep cheat.Nealieboyee is definitely a rep cheat.Nealieboyee is definitely a rep cheat.Nealieboyee is definitely a rep cheat.
good god man!! I love working with ally. But how do you file so straight? Vertically i mean? Horizontally i just use a piece of stainless steel along the line and stop filing when the sound changes. Also, a bit late, but well done on Cygnus X1. You inspire me to seek perfection in my build.
Nealieboyee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Mar 2010, 11:45   #89
Fizzban
Man of Many Typos

Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.
Remarkable this is. I will watch this mod with interest. Amazing work oldnewby!

To win the battle, is to be prepared to die - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFlames View Post
Asking to pick between the main parties is like asking which testicle you want to be kicked in, you're gonna get kicked the nuts whoever you pick... Just have to hope whoever you pick aren't wearing steelies...
Fizzban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Mar 2010, 12:41   #90
shazza
What's a Dremel?

shazza has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Just amazed at your ability with the jigsaw - especially on 6mm AL. Wow!
shazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Mar 2010, 15:43   #91
SNiiPE_DoGG
Engineering The Extreme

SNiiPE_DoGG has yet to learn the way of the DremelSNiiPE_DoGG has yet to learn the way of the DremelSNiiPE_DoGG has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
What alloy is this? 6061, 5052 or something else? seems to have a duller sheen than the 6061 that I've used so I doubt it's that.

great work as always

|CPU: PHII 955 BE @ 3.8ghz | GPU: 2 x 4890 XXX @ 950 | 8gb Crucial ballistix tracer DDR3 1600 CL8|
SNiiPE_DoGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Mar 2010, 15:52   #92
oliverw92
Supermodder

oliverw92 has yet to learn the way of the Dremeloliverw92 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Stunning work with a jigsaw!
oliverw92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Mar 2010, 17:40   #93
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
This thread makes my brain all tingly. I have all kinds of crazy ideas thanks to you.
Everyone, Commence rep bombing!
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Mar 2010, 18:51   #94
stonedsurd
Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Bombing completed skipper!
Old 1st Apr 2010, 09:51   #95
Attila
still thinking....

Now some of you may have noticed the gap between the rear support (mobo tray support) and the front fan carrier/panel. This is the area that will take the conduit to take all the cables from the PSU to the motherboard and graphics card.

The main component for this is a U channel I found in the offcuts bin at my aluminium vendor. It's powder coated white, but I'll get rid of this later.

Once cut to the correct length, it goes here.

Using an old PSU I can map how the cables will run, and make cut-outs accordingly.

And various areas removed.

The first cut outs are made to clear the fan bodies.

Back soon.

Last edited by Attila; 26th Mar 2013 at 01:06. Reason: photobucket f**k up.
Old 1st Apr 2010, 10:01   #96
p0Pe
gief cake?

p0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for president
damn... you just passed waterjets in quality!
p0Pe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Apr 2010, 10:46   #97
Nealieboyee
Packaging Master!

Nealieboyee is definitely a rep cheat.Nealieboyee is definitely a rep cheat.Nealieboyee is definitely a rep cheat.Nealieboyee is definitely a rep cheat.Nealieboyee is definitely a rep cheat.Nealieboyee is definitely a rep cheat.Nealieboyee is definitely a rep cheat.Nealieboyee is definitely a rep cheat.Nealieboyee is definitely a rep cheat.Nealieboyee is definitely a rep cheat.Nealieboyee is definitely a rep cheat.
Oldnewby, i have no words. Thank you so much!!! I've never seen work like this in my life.... arghh struggling to find the right words to describe this....amazing...
Neal
Old 1st Apr 2010, 21:30   #98
shomann
Supermodder

shomann has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Thanks for the tutorial! I took notes. Of course, now I have to go clean up some of my previous work, but whatever
shomann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Apr 2010, 10:22   #99
Nealieboyee
Packaging Master!

Quote:
Of course, now I have to go clean up some of my previous work, but whatever
Kinda makes our work look like we chewed through it.... In the words of Sinead O'Connor, "Nothing compares to you" haha
Old 2nd Apr 2010, 13:09   #100
Burnout21
Is the daddy!

Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by p0Pe View Post
damn... you just passed waterjets in quality!
that's not hard, waterjets make a royal mess of edges.

My favourite file is the *******, never leaves my side when modding.

Burnout21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aluminium, oldnewby

View Mode