bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 2nd Apr 2010, 14:24   #101
Attila
still thinking....

Attila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for president
Before continuing, I decided to fit the PSU and motherboard that will actually be used.

The only to do here is to tap the threads to takeM4 screws. Care needs to taken not to leave any small bits of metal loose inside the PSU.

These screws will be replaced with countersunk ones later.

Once fitted, the PSU just 'hangs'.

Last edited by Attila; 26th Mar 2013 at 02:14. Reason: photobucket f**k up.
Attila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Apr 2010, 14:26   #102
Burnout21
Is the daddy!

Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnewby View Post
You know, sometimes I just don't get it. I can't write the word b*****d or s**t but
a drawing of a girl blowing a guy on the front page of the forums is OK.
not sure where you saw that image, lol!
Burnout21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Apr 2010, 14:56   #103
Attila
still thinking....

Attila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for president
As well as the conduit to run the cables, there will be a compartment in front of the power supply. This will hide the cables coming out of the PSU, but the two hard drives will also go in here. I'm going to make this follow the shape of the lower support rather than imitate the square shape of the power supply.

To start off, a pattern is made from plastic sheet.

This is then transferred to aluminium sheet.

Last edited by Attila; 26th Mar 2013 at 23:59. Reason: photobucket f**k up.
Old 2nd Apr 2010, 17:08   #104
craigbru
Now... with more CNC!

craigbru has yet to learn the way of the Dremelcraigbru has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnewby View Post
bumrush's photo on the bottom of the forum main page.
Lol, am I the only one that backed out of this thread just to go check?

Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbed13
'to cram everything in the box, you must think outside the box'
craigbru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Apr 2010, 17:53   #105
Der-Dom
Silent reader

Der-Dom has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
No, you're not
Der-Dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Apr 2010, 00:16   #106
nlancaster
Multimodder

nlancaster has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
diffinatly not.....

wonder if he has more......

*$&# did i say that outloud?!?!
nlancaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Apr 2010, 02:17   #107
Xion X2
Multimodder

Xion X2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Thanks for sharing your filing techniques. +rep.
Old 3rd Apr 2010, 08:22   #108
Attila
still thinking....

Continuing on with the hard drive compartment, a small part is made for the back. The bends are made but using various set-ups in the vice.

This part is trimmed to fit around the lower corner of the motherboard.

Last edited by Attila; 27th Mar 2013 at 00:16. Reason: photobucket f**k up.
Old 3rd Apr 2010, 10:24   #109
[ZiiP] NaloaC
I Mod, Therefore I Own

[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan
By the mod gods....

First CygnusX1 blew my mind, and now this.

Some may argue, "ah sure, it's not all that pimpin" but when you consider that this is done by hand, it is simply stunning and your skills are beyond repute.

Keep up the excellent work fella
Sui Generis: i7 920, Corsair H50, 6GB Dominator C7 1600, EVGA x58 SLI LE, Corsair F3 120GB SSD & Samsung EVO 250GB SSD, Samsung F3 1TB x 2, Sapphire R9 290, Corsair HX850W, Corsair Obsidian 800D, Iiyama 26" Prolite, Logitech G15, Logitech G5, Sennheiser PC350.
[ZiiP] NaloaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Apr 2010, 11:45   #110
stonedsurd
Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Having used M4 almost exclusively for everything in the past, I now find that M3 does the job just as well and is much easier on the eyes (by virtue of being smaller, of course).

Lookin' good
Old 3rd Apr 2010, 18:23   #111
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
Oh, that looks soooo goooood. You were worried about the back looking boxy. Just hinge a radiator off of it at an odd angle.
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Apr 2010, 19:12   #112
Jipa
Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Jipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run Crysis
Quite likely going to be the heaviest aluminum case.... in the world.
Old 3rd Apr 2010, 21:04   #113
skreenname
Allons-y!

skreenname has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
You're seriously too great at this.
Every time I see something you do It makes me wanna start working on a new computer.
Which is bad since I don't really have the money to do that.
skreenname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Apr 2010, 03:08   #114
Krog_Mod
Supermodder

Krog_Mod has yet to learn the way of the DremelKrog_Mod has yet to learn the way of the DremelKrog_Mod has yet to learn the way of the DremelKrog_Mod has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Wonderful work! I can't wait to see how this will look when you do wet sand the parts.

I do cringe every time I go through and look at this because that graphics card that you used was better than my current one... (I'm still on AGP8x, I'm saving up for the upgrade..)
Krog_Mod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Apr 2010, 07:37   #115
Attila
still thinking....

The next part of this area is the outside wall of the wiring/drive compartment.

This will follow the shape of the lower main support. I'm using 1.6mm sheet here and to get the curve, I'll be using a small set of curving rolls just purchased off ebay.

The first bend can't be done in the brake so it's done on the bench.

The last bend can be made in the brake.

And it goes here.

In reality it took a couple of attempts to get it right.

Last edited by Attila; 29th Mar 2013 at 02:24. Reason: photobucket f**k up.
Old 4th Apr 2010, 16:45   #116
ringo
Supermodder

ringo has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Amazing work.
ringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Apr 2010, 19:44   #117
Burnout21
Is the daddy!

Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jipa View Post
Quite likely going to be the heaviest aluminum case.... in the world.
you forgot about Darkblade, now sit in the corner as you clearly forget to do your homework. lol!
Burnout21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Apr 2010, 20:04   #118
Skorchio
Supermodder

Skorchio has yet to learn the way of the DremelSkorchio has yet to learn the way of the DremelSkorchio has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Amazing workmanship
Skorchio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Apr 2010, 08:41   #119
Attila
still thinking....

Now to hold the parts of the cable/drive compartment together, a joining piece needs to be made.

I'm using some 8mm plate for this.

A top is also made.

I also made a fixing support for the top, but ended up not using this.

Last edited by Attila; 29th Mar 2013 at 02:35. Reason: photobucket f**k up.
Old 6th Apr 2010, 14:14   #120
oliverw92
Supermodder

oliverw92 has yet to learn the way of the Dremeloliverw92 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
That looks awesome! And it must be light if you are holding it with one hand!
oliverw92 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aluminium, oldnewby

View Mode