bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 4th Feb 2010, 16:02   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Gaming Podcast 10 - Mass Effect 2 and AvP

http://www.bit-tech.net/blog/podcast...ct-2-and-more/

Direct Link: http://video.pcpro.co.uk/cpc/podcast/cpcbt_gaming10.mp3

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Feb 2010, 17:41   #2
Ph4ZeD
Banned

Ph4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run Crysis
Great podcast as usual
Ph4ZeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Feb 2010, 20:11   #3
WildThing
Hypermodder

WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph4ZeD View Post
Great podcast as usual
+1 Love the podcasts, keep 'em coming.

Regarding subtitles in games - Joe, I am exactly the same. I always enable subtitles, and in Mass Effect I read them and get the gist of what's happening before the character has finished talking. So I have force myself to not look at them sometimes and, in the case of Mass Effect, slow down and take it all in.
Asus P8P67 PRO Intel i5 2500K @ 4.4GHz Titan Fenrir XFX 6950 @ 6970 2x4GB Corsair DDR3 1600MHz 2x Crucial C300 128GB (OS + Games) Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Auzentech XFI-Prelude + Creative T7700 7.1 Enermax Liberty 500W Corsair 650D case HP 24" LP2475W Win7 x64
WildThing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Feb 2010, 20:54   #4
Blademrk
Why so serious?

Blademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Cheers guys, downloading Beyond Good and Evil from GOG as I type

My X-Box Live gamertag, PSN, Steam & Nintendo ID is BladeMrk
Blademrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Feb 2010, 14:17   #5
logan'srun
following the footsteps of giants

logan'srun has yet to learn the way of the Dremellogan'srun has yet to learn the way of the Dremellogan'srun has yet to learn the way of the Dremellogan'srun has yet to learn the way of the Dremellogan'srun has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
the sound quality has deffo gone up in the last 2 podcasts, that's much appreciated.

Another great podcast, I think I'll have to go play ME since I never did and then I can check ME2 out!
logan'srun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Feb 2010, 16:56   #6
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blademrk
Cheers guys, downloading Beyond Good and Evil from GOG as I type
Let us know what you think.

www.joemartinwords.com

Old 5th Feb 2010, 17:36   #7
Radical_Monkey
Dremel > Lightsabre

Radical_Monkey has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
So i take it there is a bit about Mass Effect 2 in this podcast?
Radical_Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Feb 2010, 17:38   #8
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Monkey View Post
So i take it there is a bit about Mass Effect 2 in this podcast?
What's Mass Effect 2?

www.joemartinwords.com

Old 9th Feb 2010, 17:08   #9
oMonarca
Elitist Brick

oMonarca has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Hello there!

Most of the podcast is really good, but you're coming up like total Steam fanbois. I understand that since Steam adopted UK pricing (and adjusted it), it's been really good, for you in the UK. For us in the rest of Europe, not so much.

The service is good, no question there. But:
It fails quite a few times (friends list down, making impossible to play any online game that uses Steam);
When a game gets patched, the download servers take a huge load and there's not enough mirrors to help out.
Games are over priced. I can import a game for 25 from Amazon.co.uk, but the same game will be 49.99 on Steam. In games like Left 4 Dead or Dawn of War 2, the impact is null. However, the majority does not work like that: Dragon Age, Batman Arkham Asylum, Mass Effect, etc

I feel like we are going towards a monopoly. And if we take to heart the old adage "all good things come to an end", I shiver. While the digital alternatives are lacklustre when compared to Steam, they are welcome, IMO. You guys keep touting Steam as the best thing EVAH, while I think that Steam is pretty good but, we, the consumers, benefit when there's more alternatives.

So, welcome Direct 2 Drive.
oMonarca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Feb 2010, 18:59   #10
jesusthemazu
What's a Dremel?

jesusthemazu has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
you all talked about gettinga laptop to do your other work and a console for games. i have done something like that.

i have a laptop that i have been trying to keep up to date for the last 3 years. a compaq presario 1.9ghz dual core AMD laptop. i do everything on this BUT gaming.

i have a rig i built myself with two 8800gts, a dual core AMD Athlon x2 6000+ overclocked to 3.4ghz and i do nothing but game on it.

its like my life and my hobbies, i like to keep them seperate. but, i also travel between my home and another so i dont always need to game as i do get online.
jesusthemazu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Feb 2010, 09:30   #11
Skibo1219
Brains...the other white meat.

Skibo1219 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I did not purchase ME2 mainly because Dragon Age was such a failure of a launch, without getting into details I will say this, the FIRST time i called for an issue I had to wait for over 2 hours on the phone, the 2nd time was worse...(;
Skibo1219 is offline   Reply With Quote