bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 8th Feb 2010, 09:20   #1
Sifter3000
I used to be somebody

Sifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Art Deco Zenith 5-s-29 Radio Case Mod

Inspired by the classic Zenith radios of the 1920s and 1930s, featuring a strong Art Deco style, this scratch built mod reaches the heights of the modding masters, thanks to integrated watercooling and parts from a classic radio to complete the design.

http://www.bit-tech.net/modding/case...dio-case-mod/1

My weblog is The Wired Jester.
Photos on Flickr.
Sifter3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Feb 2010, 09:57   #2
tonyd223
king of nothing

tonyd223 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Brilliant - my dad would love this...
tonyd223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Feb 2010, 10:15   #3
docodine
killed a guy once

docodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for presidentdocodine should be considered for president
Very close to the original, love the dial!
docodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Feb 2010, 10:51   #4
Yoy0YO
Lurky Lurker

Yoy0YO has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Absolutely spectacular.
Old 8th Feb 2010, 11:06   #5
crazyceo
Banned

crazyceo has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The more I see these wooden mods, the more I wish I paid more attention in woodwork in school. This looks absolutely beautiful.

Well Done!
crazyceo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Feb 2010, 12:03   #6
stonedsurd
Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyceo View Post
The more I see these wooden mods, the more I wish I paid more attention in woodwork in school. This looks absolutely beautiful.
Likewise
Old 8th Feb 2010, 13:57   #7
rainbowbridge
Goes forever,OMG it's full of Stars

rainbowbridge is definitely a rep cheat.rainbowbridge is definitely a rep cheat.rainbowbridge is definitely a rep cheat.rainbowbridge is definitely a rep cheat.rainbowbridge is definitely a rep cheat.rainbowbridge is definitely a rep cheat.rainbowbridge is definitely a rep cheat.rainbowbridge is definitely a rep cheat.rainbowbridge is definitely a rep cheat.rainbowbridge is definitely a rep cheat.rainbowbridge is definitely a rep cheat.
You got me that is totally awesome, no that is amazingly stylish. If you made those, you would sell them.
Obutto r3volution - Obsidian 650D - i7 2600k@4.3Ghz - 1TB Samsung EVO - 16gb Ram - 3GB Asus GTX 780 Ti DirectCU II OC-3x Asus VN279QLB -1x Oculus Dk2- Blu-ray - Mionix Naos 8200 Mouse - Asus Xonar Phoebus Solo - Razer Tiamat 7.1 true - DT 770 PRO headphones+px350 piano - Focusrite 6i6 - SE2200a IIC - T500RS Wheel + TH8a Shifter - Warthog Hotas + Saitek Combat Pedals -
rainbowbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Feb 2010, 14:55   #8
Dave Lister
Hypermodder

Dave Lister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dave Lister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dave Lister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dave Lister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dave Lister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dave Lister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dave Lister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dave Lister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dave Lister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dave Lister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dave Lister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Seriously nice case mate
Main Rig:Case: BitFenix Prodigy, Motherboard: MSI Z97I Gaming, CPU: Intel i7 4790K, RAM: 16Gb 2400Mhz Kingston HyperX Beast GPU: MSI GTX 970 Gaming, Primary HDD: 256Gb Samsung 850 Pro, Games Drive: 1Tb Toshiba SSHD, Cooler: Corsair H105, OS: Win 7 - 64
HTPC:Case: Gutted out VCR, Motherboard: Asus AT5IONT-I, CPU: Intel Atom D525 @ 1.94Ghz, RAM: 4Gb 1333Mhz Kingston GPU: Nvidia Ion 2, Primary HDD: Hitachi 500Gb, Optical Drive: NEC ND-6500A Laptop Drive, OS: Win 8.1 32
Dave Lister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Feb 2010, 16:30   #9
REMF
Multimodder

REMF has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
absolutely beautiful.
REMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Feb 2010, 17:46   #10
Jux_Zeil
Supermodder

Jux_Zeil has yet to learn the way of the DremelJux_Zeil has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Very nice workmanship. Just as an idea, the next one you build could intergrate a cpu temperature guage into the dial maybe. You are going to do another case I assume?
C2D E7400@3.499GHz||AC Freezer 7 Pro HSF||EVGA 680i SLI||2x2GB Kingston HyperX 8500@1333MHz||Sparkle 8800GT 512MB for PhysX, KFA2 GeForce GTX 470 1280MB for GFX||SB X-Fi FPS 64MB X-RAM+I/O Drive bay||2x1TB Samsung F1's in RAID 0 for data and games||60GB Corsair F60 for W7 64bit ||Samsung BD Super Multi SATA optical drive||Enermax Galaxy 1000 DXX II PSU
Jux_Zeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Feb 2010, 18:36   #11
voigts
Hypermodder

voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Thank you for the kind comments.

I am working on plans for another one right now. I'm trying to figure out how much I can syphon from our income tax refund for this!

The CPU temp is an original idea. The next one however is not going to be a radio looking mod. I am working on something a bit different, albeit again with wood on the outside.
Old 8th Feb 2010, 19:49   #12
Jehla
Supermodder

Jehla is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Jehla is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Jehla is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Jehla is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Jehla is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Jehla is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Jehla is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Jehla is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Jehla is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Jehla is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Jehla is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Beautiful case! The more I see retro looking wooden cases the more I want to build one.
Jehla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Feb 2010, 20:35   #13
Redbeaver
The Other Red Meat

Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
oh wow... just wow
ASUS Z97i-Plus - 4670K - 8GB DDR3 - Zotac GTX 970 - Crucial MX100 256GB - Corsair 250D [Modded]
www.pecelayam.com
Redbeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Feb 2010, 23:17   #14
Jux_Zeil
Supermodder

Jux_Zeil has yet to learn the way of the DremelJux_Zeil has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by voigts
Thank you for the kind comments.

I am working on plans for another one right now. I'm trying to figure out how much I can syphon from our income tax refund for this!

The CPU temp is an original idea. The next one however is not going to be a radio looking mod. I am working on something a bit different, albeit again with wood on the outside.
Can't wait to see it's work log. Makes me wish I had more time on my hands to continue my project. *SIGH*
C2D E7400@3.499GHz||AC Freezer 7 Pro HSF||EVGA 680i SLI||2x2GB Kingston HyperX 8500@1333MHz||Sparkle 8800GT 512MB for PhysX, KFA2 GeForce GTX 470 1280MB for GFX||SB X-Fi FPS 64MB X-RAM+I/O Drive bay||2x1TB Samsung F1's in RAID 0 for data and games||60GB Corsair F60 for W7 64bit ||Samsung BD Super Multi SATA optical drive||Enermax Galaxy 1000 DXX II PSU
Jux_Zeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Feb 2010, 00:07   #15
retrogamer1990
What does 'Stock' Mean?

retrogamer1990 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
right, that's it, I'm scouring ebay for a radio
amazing!
retrogamer1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Feb 2010, 00:41   #16
MitchBomcanhao
Minimodder

MitchBomcanhao has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
yeah great work, even if its not something I would like myself (matter of taste, really). I enjoy looking at good quality work.
MitchBomcanhao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Feb 2010, 08:46   #17
slipperyskip
RIP Kid Mod

slipperyskip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!slipperyskip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!slipperyskip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!slipperyskip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!slipperyskip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!slipperyskip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!slipperyskip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!slipperyskip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!slipperyskip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!slipperyskip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!slipperyskip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Excellent! Looks like you had a lot of fun building it. Congratz on the Engadget article.
Old 10th Feb 2010, 16:10   #18
voigts
Hypermodder

voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I appreciate that Jeffrey. I wish I could pick you brain one on one regarding your excellent veneer work on Ingraham. The finish on that case is beautiful.
Old 11th Feb 2010, 11:49   #19
sHORNY
Modder

sHORNY has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
bloody beautiful work there! hats off to you sir !
sHORNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Feb 2010, 22:40   #20
MugenUK
Multimodder

MugenUK has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
looks gorgeous.
MugenUK is offline   Reply With Quote