bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 10th Feb 2010, 13:09   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Ubisoft to make lots more franchise games, sequels

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...hise-games-s/1

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Feb 2010, 13:10   #2
flipdart
What's a Dremel?

flipdart has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
dog bites man, really.
flipdart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Feb 2010, 13:12   #3
AngusW
mmm

AngusW has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Lol driver, thats a name i havent heard in a while. There hasnt been a good one since the original playstation/pc releases!
AngusW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Feb 2010, 13:23   #4
PureSilver
E-tailer Tailor

PureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
I was gonna say, they still make Driver games? Why?
PureSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Feb 2010, 13:25   #5
bodkin
Overheating

bodkin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bodkin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bodkin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bodkin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bodkin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bodkin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bodkin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bodkin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bodkin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bodkin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bodkin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Next HAWX game?
bodkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Feb 2010, 13:52   #6
licenced
Modder

licenced has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Why oh why is multiplayer being forced into every single game? I don't have sales figures so can't compare, but do games with a multiplayer component always sell better? I would rather the devs concentrate on the single player portion of the game and just introduce multiplayer where it will actually bring something new to the table instead of the same old game types we've had forever
licenced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Feb 2010, 14:05   #7
SteveU
Multimodder

SteveU has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
If someone from the Ubisoft PR team reads this post can you pleas tell your management to get their fingers out and launch the new Splinter Cell game NOW!!! It's my favourite game series and the constant release date pushbacks are making me want to cry.

Rant over,
Steve
SteveU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Feb 2010, 15:07   #8
cjmUK
Old git.

cjmUK is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.cjmUK is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.cjmUK is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.cjmUK is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.cjmUK is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.cjmUK is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.cjmUK is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.cjmUK is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.cjmUK is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.cjmUK is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.cjmUK is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
It's like EA all over again.

Following on from Assassin's Creed 2 will be Assassin's Creed 2011, then Assassin's Creed 2012... 2013... etc...

A little extra polish each year, a little change to the game... and milk a gullible buying public again and again.
Old 10th Feb 2010, 15:11   #9
pcnerd
Banned

pcnerd has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
just hope that the sequels should properly complement the predecessor and not just some f***ed up-crappy-rushed sequels to make more moolah
pcnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Feb 2010, 16:06   #10
[PUNK] crompers
Dremedial

[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
exactly cjmUK, they have become what EA were a couple of years ago. TBH Activision just says "naff" to me nowadays. maybe they'll sort they're heads out when everyone eventually stops buying the same IP's because they've squeezed every last bit of money out of them
| Main Rig | FT02 BW | 2600k @ 4.3Ghz | Sabertooth Z77 | 16GB Corsair Vengance | GTX 1070 @ 2020Mhz | OCZ ARC100 480GB |1TB Samsung F3 | Corsair HX650W | U2711 | Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless | Xonar Essence STX | ProSonus Eris 4.5 monitors |
| HTPC | Lian Li Q11-B | AMD A10 5800k | ASRock FM2A75M-ITX | 8GB XMS3 2000 | 1TB Seagate | SFX 350W |
[PUNK] crompers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Feb 2010, 16:32   #11
sheninat0r
What's a Dremel?

sheninat0r has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by licenced
Why oh why is multiplayer being forced into every single game? I don't have sales figures so can't compare, but do games with a multiplayer component always sell better? I would rather the devs concentrate on the single player portion of the game and just introduce multiplayer where it will actually bring something new to the table instead of the same old game types we've had forever
Hopefully they bring out more Dragon Age and Mass Effect too...
Old 10th Feb 2010, 16:36   #12
cjmUK
Old git.

cjmUK is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.cjmUK is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.cjmUK is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.cjmUK is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.cjmUK is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.cjmUK is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.cjmUK is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.cjmUK is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.cjmUK is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.cjmUK is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.cjmUK is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheninat0r View Post
Hopefully they bring out more Dragon Age and Mass Effect too...
Really? I hope they bring out different games that are as good as DA:O and ME but with new ideas.
Old 10th Feb 2010, 16:46   #13
erratum1
Banned

erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.
Multi-player can be fun, but i do like a good single player experience with a good story and characters. I tend to give up on the multi-player due to the rudeness of the people that play online. Bunch of spoilt brats that can't stand not winning !!
erratum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Feb 2010, 18:02   #14
Raptorkid
Minimodder

Raptorkid has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
"Our clear goal today is to come more regularly with our top brands,"

Does no one else think that could've been phrased a little better?
Raptorkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Feb 2010, 18:51   #15
Aracos
Ultramodder

Aracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptorkid
"Our clear goal today is to come more regularly with our top brands,"

Does no one else think that could've been phrased a little better?
OMG that whole sentence is win!
Ragnarok: i5 750 @ 3200MHz | Titan Fenrir | MSI P55-GD65 | 8GiB Vengence 1600MHz CAS 9 | 1GiB 6950 DirectCU II | 60GB Crucial M4 | Samsung F3 500GB | Samsung F3 1TB | Seasonic X-750 | X-Fi XtremeGamer | HAF932 | Win 7 Pro | openSUSE
Aracos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Feb 2010, 20:23   #16
shanky887614
Multimodder

shanky887614 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmUK
It's like EA all over again.

Following on from Assassin's Creed 2 will be Assassin's Creed 2011, then Assassin's Creed 2012... 2013... etc...

A little extra polish each year, a little change to the game... and milk a gullible buying public again and again.
assasins creed is suposed to be a trilogy so im not quite sure about this but it wouldnt suprize me
shanky887614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Feb 2010, 20:57   #17
Mentai
Hypermodder

Mentai has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The next Assassin's Creed game features Ezio in Rome. So it's more Assassin's Creed 2 - Revisited. Assassin's Creed 3 will come later. This way they have the yearly model AND a trilogy! Yay brand fatigue
Mentai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Feb 2010, 22:22   #18
cjmUK
Old git.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanky887614 View Post
assasins creed is suposed to be a trilogy so im not quite sure about this but it wouldnt suprize me
Change the name of the protagonist, change the city (and thus the textures etc), relaunch as Assassin's Creed X + 1... rinse and repeat.

It's a licence to print money.