bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 11th Feb 2010, 11:20   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
BioShock 2 PC crops widescreen

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...s-widescreen/1

BioShock 2 has the same widescreen issue as the first game - cropping the 4:3 image down to suit 16:9 screens

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Feb 2010, 11:25   #2
Krikkit
Super Moderator

Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.
Oh dear. At least they've acknowledged it, admitting how silly it makes them look rather than flatly denying it or just ignoring it. I assume a fix will be imminent.
Old 11th Feb 2010, 11:28   #3
Baz
I work for Corsair

Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
D'oh!

Good they've come and said "whoops" though, and hopefully we'll see an update asap
Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Feb 2010, 11:29   #4
Jamie
ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Jamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Don't start this again
Old 11th Feb 2010, 11:42   #5
[USRF]Obiwan
I *am* a Dremel

[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
drop pants and bend over...
In 1982 I was addicted to Lady Bug and played it in the local arcade (every day) And yes i'm proud I did that!
[USRF]Obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Feb 2010, 11:48   #6
sHORNY
Modder

sHORNY has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
would have thought they had learnt from the first balls up lol
sHORNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Feb 2010, 12:02   #7
Unknownsock
Supermodder

Unknownsock has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Now if only all games truely supported widescreen, there's a hell of alot of games even new games that do this.
Just lazyness imo.
Unknownsock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Feb 2010, 12:07   #8
V3ctor
Tech addict...

V3ctor has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Bought Bioshock 1 year ago and never played it... Kinda like what I saw in this new one, better start playing the old to understand the new.
Intel Core i7 4770K@4.5Ghz / ASUS Sabertooth Z87 / 2x4Gb Gskill Trident X 2400Mhz / 2x ASUS Matrix Platinum 7970 3Gb / Samsung T260 / 2x Corsair Force GT 240Gb raid0/ Corsair HX-850W/ Silverstone FT02R-Wi
V3ctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Feb 2010, 12:18   #9
Jack_Pepsi
Clan BeeR Founder

Jack_Pepsi has yet to learn the way of the DremelJack_Pepsi has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Some 'fix' info over at the 2K Games forum.
During the rectification of the Vuldronaii the Traveler came as a large, moving Torb. Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the Meketrex supplicants they chose a new form for him—that of a giant Sloar. Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day, I can tell you.
Jack_Pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Feb 2010, 12:22   #10
Cobalt
Supermodder

Cobalt has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Implementing user controllable FoV like in TF2 would prevent this issue from ever cropping (heh) up.
Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Feb 2010, 12:45   #11
GravitySmacked
Mostly Harmless

GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I can't believe they missed that.

GravitySmacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Feb 2010, 12:48   #12
wuyanxu
still wants Homeworld 3

wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.
so thats why i get a headache when playing Bioshock 2 for more than an hour....
Old 11th Feb 2010, 12:50   #13
cyrilthefish
Ultramodder

cyrilthefish can run Crysiscyrilthefish can run Crysiscyrilthefish can run Crysiscyrilthefish can run Crysiscyrilthefish can run Crysiscyrilthefish can run Crysiscyrilthefish can run Crysiscyrilthefish can run Crysiscyrilthefish can run Crysis
Quote:
2K Games has also revealed that the PC version of BioShock 2 doesn't support gamepads at all - apparently a deliberate move.

"The decision was made early on not to support controllers at all in order to ensure that we got the mouse and keyboard control absolutely right," says an official FAQ.
I still can't understand the reasoning for this. (same thing for mass effect too)

They have a PC GUI and a 360 GUI for gamepads already in existence. virtually no new code would be needed

Is it really that hard just to include both as a user-selectable option?

They could probably implement it with virtually no dev time at all, but instead they deliberately leave it out?
cyrilthefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Feb 2010, 13:06   #14
yakyb
i hate the person above me

yakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysis
stupid *******s why have they done this surely they would have learned,

they are talented enough to produce one of the best looking games but not talented enough read a few comments and adjust a figure
Old 11th Feb 2010, 13:08   #15
mjm25
Supermodder

mjm25 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmjm25 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmjm25 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmjm25 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmjm25 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
poo... i knew there was something niggling me, now i'm gonna feel like i'm not getting the whole experience :/
Old 11th Feb 2010, 13:09   #16
lacuna
Supermodder

lacuna has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I tried the first one with a 360 controller on PC and it was awful
lacuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Feb 2010, 13:17   #17
pcnerd
Banned

pcnerd has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
well this TRULY sucKS A**
pcnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Feb 2010, 13:45   #18
pizan
that's n00b-tastic

pizan has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
pure laziness...but what about console versions? 1080p is 16:9
Old 11th Feb 2010, 14:01   #19
erratum1
Banned

erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.
Can't believe they cocked it up again, incredible !! Why not hold it back until it's ready instead of just releasing it and pissing people off.
erratum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Feb 2010, 14:23   #20
NethLyn
Hypermodder

NethLyn should be considered for presidentNethLyn should be considered for presidentNethLyn should be considered for presidentNethLyn should be considered for presidentNethLyn should be considered for presidentNethLyn should be considered for presidentNethLyn should be considered for presidentNethLyn should be considered for presidentNethLyn should be considered for presidentNethLyn should be considered for presidentNethLyn should be considered for president
The widescreen thing can be patched but if you can't use a gamepad have they bothered with GFW branding on the sequel?

Much as it's an easy target, there might as well be as many pad-capable titles out there when that controller comes from MS itself- it'd be nice never to have to buy another one again. Still, haven't finished the first one, so I'll pick this one up when it's been patched.