bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 25th Feb 2010, 11:35   #1
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
Google employees convicted by Italian court

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/bits/20...talian-court/1

Google employees have been found guilty by an Italian court over a video uploaded by a third party to the Google Video service.

Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Feb 2010, 11:41   #2
Unknownsock
Supermodder

Unknownsock has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I Still don't understand how there can be so much BS in this world.

You have to be an idiot to agree with these convictions.
Unknownsock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Feb 2010, 11:43   #3
yakyb
i hate the person above me

yakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysis
this is disgusting
Old 25th Feb 2010, 11:51   #4
Sleepstreamer
I modded christmas!

Sleepstreamer has yet to learn the way of the DremelSleepstreamer has yet to learn the way of the DremelSleepstreamer has yet to learn the way of the DremelSleepstreamer has yet to learn the way of the DremelSleepstreamer has yet to learn the way of the DremelSleepstreamer has yet to learn the way of the DremelSleepstreamer has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
That is just completely moronic
"Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music." - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo 1989
FSP - AC Ryan - Matrix Orbital - ASUS - G.Skill - Nexustek
Sleepstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Feb 2010, 11:54   #5
Jenny_Y8S

This is an insane judgement that will get thrown out sooner or later.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if every internet provider, ISP etc all decided to switch themselves off until this was all sorted out. Think of it, no google, no banking, no government agencies, nothing. Money and SLAs mean it will never happen of course, but I for one would laugh.
Old 25th Feb 2010, 12:09   #6
rimscar
Minimodder

rimscar has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
just goes to show how much disconnect there is between the laws that govern man and the actual man himself.....
utter utter stupidity from the people who contributed so much to western civilisation
rimscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Feb 2010, 12:46   #7
BlackMage23
RPG Loving Freak

BlackMage23 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
All the companies that have any social networking sites should just boycott Italy until this is sorted out.
Old 25th Feb 2010, 13:22   #8
eddtox
Homo Interneticus

eddtox has yet to learn the way of the Dremeleddtox has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Why does the prosecution argue that they failed to comply with privacy laws? Any word on the actual arguments used?
Old 25th Feb 2010, 13:43   #9
tank_rider
Ultramodder

tank_rider has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Any idea which technicality of the privacy law was used to prosecute them?

I can't believe a jury would come to any such conclusion when considering all the implications.

I'd love to see google and all major content hosting companies shut Italy out until this is sorted.
Main - e5200 @ 3.5GHz (akasa 965) || GA-EP31-DS3L || 2X2GB Crucial Ballistix || xfx GTX 260 || 500GB Seagate 7200.10 sata + 250GB Samsung sata + 160GB Samsung ide || NEC DVDRW || Enermax Liberty 400W || Antec P180 || 22" Fujitsu Siemems TFT
Media - X2 4400 @ 2.4GHz || Epox 9NDA3+ || 2GB RAM || 6800gs || 80GB Maxtor Diamond Plus 9 || LG DVD RAM || Iiyama Vision Master Pro 454
tank_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Feb 2010, 16:41   #10
frojoe
Multimodder

frojoe has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This was a moronic decision. If I was an of those employees, I would be glad I worked at Google for this, because I would imagine Google will throw some serious legal weight behind these guys. It is both upsetting on the basis of just this case, but is also a terrible precedent. Lets hope clearer heads prevail in an appeal.
frojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Feb 2010, 16:53   #11
chrisb2e9
Dont do that...

chrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysis
I'm guessing the decision was made by a judge who thinks the Ipad is something that women use monthly...
Old 25th Feb 2010, 17:31   #12
DarkRose
What's a Dremel?

DarkRose has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I think Google should just pull out of Italy the same way it did in Chin.... Hold on, never mind, Google made an empty threat to China and hasn't followed through yet. Hopefully they'll back their employees in Italy better.
DarkRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Feb 2010, 19:16   #13
chrisds
What's a Dremel?

chrisds has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
awful
chrisds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Feb 2010, 19:43   #14
LucusLoC
Multimodder

LucusLoC has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
i have always held the belief that companies, like individuals, should be able to act in a bigoted, self destructive manner and the consumer should be the one to decide whether or not to do business with them. many companies set stupid precedent in their business dealings, and they either learn for their mistakes, loose gobs of cash or go under. governments do not have that luxury. when a government sets stupid precedent it must be fought tooth and nail, least we loose even more of our freedom to power hungry "leaders." i applaud google for not taking this one laying down, and wish them the best of luck. the EU needs to be taken down a few notches (not saying that any other country is better, we are all heading away from freedom as a treasured value)
LucusLoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Feb 2010, 19:51   #15
Faulk_Wulf
Internet Addict

Faulk_Wulf has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRose View Post
I think Google should just pull out of Italy the same way it did in Chin.... Hold on, never mind, Google made an empty threat to China and hasn't followed through yet. Hopefully they'll back their employees in Italy better.
Actually they did follow through. They stopped censoring their searches.
Faulk_Wulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Feb 2010, 23:31   #16
Jaguar_Infinity
Just some guy

Jaguar_Infinity has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I think it would be unlikely that Google would pull out of Italy. Simply put, they would make more money from operating in Italy than they would spend on taking their legal challenge all the way to the European courts. What could be interesting is if they pulled out for a week as a protest, the taste of disruption that would be caused when all Google services are withdrawn just for a week would send a big message. Of course if they did that there would be the inevitable cries of Google being too powerfull and exploiting their position but it would still be a big message to send.
Jaguar_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Feb 2010, 07:04   #17
DaMightyMouse
Minimodder

DaMightyMouse has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Madness...
DaMightyMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Feb 2010, 18:55   #18
kosch
Trango in the Mango

kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.
Google to Borg italy just like when Tesco invaded Denmark in 2031.
kosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Feb 2010, 19:00   #19
Neox010
EvE Addict

Neox010 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
It is insane, this could have easily been kept out of the courts, and sorted out with a slap on the wrist, no person(s) was hurt by this.

I'd rather they spent their resources on solving things which are worthy of the courts.
Neox010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Feb 2010, 23:24   #20
Nickel
What's a Dremel?

Nickel has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
just insane
Nickel is offline   Reply With Quote