bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 2nd Mar 2010, 12:27   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Infinity Ward boss fired by Activision?

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...y-activision/1

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Mar 2010, 12:30   #2
Leitchy
Supermodder

Leitchy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
"...Activision's security has 'stormed' Infinity Ward's studio and IW heads Jason West and Vince Zampella have been fired for not including dedicated server support in the latest Call of Duty game..."

If only it was true
Leitchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Mar 2010, 12:32   #3
Flibblebot
Smile with me

Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.
Seems a little heavy-handed to me. Surely better to do it quietly without all the fuss and bad publicity?
Old 2nd Mar 2010, 12:32   #4
UncertainGod
Ultramodder

UncertainGod has yet to learn the way of the DremelUncertainGod has yet to learn the way of the DremelUncertainGod has yet to learn the way of the DremelUncertainGod has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
As I tweeted earlier;

Activision played BFBC2, after sitting in awe of the game for hours they then fired Infinity Ward bosses.

PSN ID: Sp4rkR4t
UncertainGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Mar 2010, 12:36   #5
flibblesan
Destroyer

flibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Screw Activision.
flibblesan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Mar 2010, 13:07   #6
Hustler
Hypermodder

Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Just shame Robert Bowling hasn't gone as well, given all the bullsxxxx lies he told the Pc community about MW2........
Hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Mar 2010, 13:12   #7
javaman
May irritate Eyes

javaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for president
Iraq enquiry? Maybe they blame MW2 for the war on terror.
javaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Mar 2010, 13:13   #8
cgthomas
Cpt. Handsome

cgthomas has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
lol Funniest thing heared today. Karma is a bitch, even though I don't blieve in it
Old 2nd Mar 2010, 13:15   #9
cgthomas
Cpt. Handsome

cgthomas has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by javaman
Iraq enquiry? Maybe they blame MW2 for the war on terror.
Heared that was a possibility. Bowling has confessed, CNN reports
Old 2nd Mar 2010, 13:17   #10
Comfyasabadger
ComfyAssPander

Comfyasabadger is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Comfyasabadger is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Comfyasabadger is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Comfyasabadger is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Comfyasabadger is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Comfyasabadger is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Comfyasabadger is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Comfyasabadger is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Comfyasabadger is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Comfyasabadger is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Comfyasabadger is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leitchy View Post
"...Activision's security has 'stormed' Infinity Ward's studio and IW heads Jason West and Vince Zampella have been fired for not including dedicated server support in the latest Call of Duty game..."

If only it was true

Exactly what I was thinking.
Comfyasabadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Mar 2010, 13:18   #11
mi1ez
Game Boy Modder

mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
How the hell do companies get away with such low morals?
Old 2nd Mar 2010, 13:35   #12
javaman
May irritate Eyes

javaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by mi1ez View Post
How the hell do companies get away with such low morals?
Money is the root of all evil............EA sets the standards others follow.

Just remembered something I saw recently:
Quote:
women = money X time
[time = money]
women = money X money = or money ^ 2
[money = Evil ^ 1/2] (root of evil for those who don't get it)
women = Evil ^ 1/2 X Evil ^ 1/2
women = Evil
Ive too much time on my hands today >.>

Last edited by javaman; 2nd Mar 2010 at 13:41.
javaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Mar 2010, 13:38   #13
SNIPERMikeUK
Multimodder

SNIPERMikeUK has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Breach and clear....lol
Old 2nd Mar 2010, 13:43   #14
smc8788
potato

smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfyasabadger View Post

Exactly what I was thinking.
Except that it was probably Activision and their greedy DLC money grabbing ways who forced IW to drop DS in the first place.

It sounds to me like Activision is holding IW hostage and they're obviously not all too happy about that.

[Steam] - [Battlelog]
smc8788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Mar 2010, 14:08   #15
UrbanMarine
Government Prostitute

UrbanMarine has yet to learn the way of the DremelUrbanMarine has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncertainGod
As I tweeted earlier;

Activision played BFBC2, after sitting in awe of the game for hours they then fired Infinity Ward bosses.
Hahaha. I've owned BC2 8hrs now and it's better imo so far.....
Old 2nd Mar 2010, 14:11   #16
Comet
Minimodder

Comet has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I really am curious to see what are the reasons behind this. But perhaps IW had too much success for their own good and Activision wants to take tighter control using legal loopholes in contracts.
Comet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Mar 2010, 14:30   #17
pizan
that's n00b-tastic

pizan has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Maybe those 2 were the pro PC guys at IW and now that they screwed the PC crowd over, but still had success. They thought that they didn't need them anymore. I'm pretty sure Bowling was Activision's guy at IW.
Old 2nd Mar 2010, 14:54   #18
Bazz
6.62606957 ◊ 10-34 m2 kg/s

Bazz is a Super Spamming SaiyanBazz is a Super Spamming SaiyanBazz is a Super Spamming SaiyanBazz is a Super Spamming SaiyanBazz is a Super Spamming SaiyanBazz is a Super Spamming SaiyanBazz is a Super Spamming SaiyanBazz is a Super Spamming SaiyanBazz is a Super Spamming SaiyanBazz is a Super Spamming SaiyanBazz is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Whatever the reason, who cares??????
They are both to blame for ruining a game which could have become one of the best community based FPS games of all time, but they ignored the fundamental philosophy of 'community based' games.

I for one don't give a hoot if they fire the lot, they'll never make a game again that I will purchase (unless its a bargin basement sale).

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgoth89 View Post
RIP little fella
Bazz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Mar 2010, 15:58   #19
DbD
Supermodder

DbD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DbD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DbD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DbD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DbD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DbD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DbD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DbD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DbD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DbD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DbD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Perhaps all the nade spam and noob tubes were too much and someone in Activision snapped?
DbD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Mar 2010, 16:06   #20
Redbeaver
The Other Red Meat

Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
dedicated servers.

thats what its all about.
ASUS Z97i-Plus - 4670K - 8GB DDR3 - Zotac GTX 970 - Crucial MX100 256GB - Corsair 250D [Modded]
www.pecelayam.com
Redbeaver is offline   Reply With Quote