bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 5th Mar 2010, 11:14   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Jaffe: "Sony should sue Microsoft"

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...ue-microsoft/1

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Mar 2010, 11:36   #2
Dave Lister
Hypermodder

Dave Lister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dave Lister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dave Lister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dave Lister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dave Lister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dave Lister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dave Lister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dave Lister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dave Lister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dave Lister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dave Lister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
The last thing these frakkin' companies need is advice of this nature !
Main Rig:Case: BitFenix Prodigy, Motherboard: MSI Z97I Gaming, CPU: Intel i7 4790K, RAM: 16Gb 2400Mhz Kingston HyperX Beast GPU: XFX ATI 5870, Primary HDD: 256Gb Samsung 850 Pro, Games Drive: 1Tb Toshiba SSHD, Cooler: Corsair H105, OS: Win 7 - 64
HTPC:Case: Gutted out VCR, Motherboard: Asus AT5IONT-I, CPU: Intel Atom D525 @ 1.94Ghz, RAM: 4Gb 1333Mhz Kingston GPU: Nvidia Ion 2, Primary HDD: Hitachi 500Gb, Optical Drive: NEC ND-6500A Laptop Drive, OS: Win 8.1 32
Dave Lister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Mar 2010, 11:46   #3
proxess
Hypermodder

proxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for president
I think the Greeks, Destruction Derby devs and Hercules should sue both companies.
Ubuntu #8076 / Linux #429448
proxess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Mar 2010, 12:16   #4
cjoyce1980
Supermodder

cjoyce1980 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Then id should sue Activision over the similarities between Doom and CoD because the game has a gun in it.

Which arse lets this idiot speak publicly?! if it's sony, then we should sue them!
cjoyce1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Mar 2010, 12:25   #5
Eggy
Multimodder

Eggy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjoyce1980
Then id should sue Activision over the similarities between Doom and CoD because the game has a gun in it.

Which arse lets this idiot speak publicly?! if it's sony, then we should sue them!
Look up who David jaffe is please.
Eggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Mar 2010, 12:31   #6
cjoyce1980
Supermodder

cjoyce1980 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggy
Look up who David jaffe is please.
I know who he is and what games he has been behind, but ever time the idiot opens his mouth crap comes out! Now he is better known for his out spoken comments that his games
cjoyce1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Mar 2010, 12:32   #7
rickysio
N900 | HJE900

rickysio has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Free advertisement for his games.
rickysio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Mar 2010, 12:37   #8
RichCreedy
Hey What Who

RichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming Saiyan
lets sue everyone who has similar names, oh should microsoft sue the people behind open office cos it has the word office in it and does the same job, or should the people behind open office sue microsoft for same reason

come on idiots, think before you speak
Old 5th Mar 2010, 12:47   #9
DriftCarl
Supermodder

DriftCarl has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Yes sony own the god of war title, they DO NOT own the war of the gods title.
Yes they own twisted metal title, they DO NOT own scrap metal title.

What is the world coming to? If the title is the same, then yes sue them but if the title happens to have a word in it that another game has but has other words too, then surely they cant sue because of that? If they can, then this copyright system is pants and within a few years every possible name for everything will be copyrighted and there will not be any creativity left.
DriftCarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Mar 2010, 13:24   #10
Lazarus Dark
Supermodder

Lazarus Dark has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Ever heard of the Greek God of War, Eres?
Greece should sue Sony for using a title they've had for centuries.
God of War is actually a generic title, not specific. And being based on Greek myth, you can't tradmark anything within the game aside from the final game as a whole.

Why is he even talking about crap he has nothing to do with.
Old 5th Mar 2010, 13:50   #11
The Toy
The Ticking Time-Bomb

The Toy has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe Toy has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe Toy has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe Toy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Devil May Cry makers Capcom should sue David Jaffe.

What a total fool. He makes a couple of babyish console games with cheesy visuals and all of a sudden he is the KING OF GAME DESIGN AND ORIGINALITY!
The Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Mar 2010, 14:03   #12
B3CK
Supermodder

B3CK has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Or the Owner and Designers to AutoDuel for the Commodore should sue Jaffe for stealing their game idea.
Old 5th Mar 2010, 15:10   #13
speedfreek
Ultramodder

speedfreek has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
All I read was one more sign that developers have run out of ideas, the gaming industry has completely stagnated and is only releasing remakes of last years games. When was the last time a commercial developer released a game that lived up to the hype they created for it. All the resources and energy to make a game are put into marketing and often a poorly coded but visually appealing bloated pig of an engine.

Look at the top twenty games on metacritic, how many of those games are good enough to be up there? Looking at the differences from user score to critic score on a lot of those games makes me ask how much are publishers paying per score.

Lets take a look at the second best PC game of all time. (according to metacritic)

/rant

Also Sony should sue to stop a twisted metal clone from being released, it sucked back then and will suck still today.
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Mar 2010, 15:20   #14
glaeken
Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

glaeken has yet to learn the way of the Dremelglaeken has yet to learn the way of the Dremelglaeken has yet to learn the way of the Dremelglaeken has yet to learn the way of the Dremelglaeken has yet to learn the way of the Dremelglaeken has yet to learn the way of the Dremelglaeken has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This guy is a giant douche.
Old 5th Mar 2010, 16:18   #15
knuck
Hate your face

knuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
I wish they would remake Twisted Metal 2. That game was truly awesome and very underrated
| Intel i7 4770K | 12GB DDR3 2000 | Asus Maximus VI Hero | 2xGTX 570 | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | 10.5TB total | Seasonic X-1250 | Auzentech Bravura X-Fi | Fractal Design Define R3 XL | Corsair H50 | BenQ XL2420T 120Hz |
knuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Mar 2010, 17:56   #16
kornedbeefy
Multimodder

kornedbeefy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Microsofts motto, IF you can't buy it steal it. Microsoft is historically known for "borrowing" others ideas. Nothings changed since Bill Gates bought DOS. Hell the Xboxes whole fondation is from PC gaming. If it were'nt for Microsoft "borrowing" what has made PC gaming great do you think the Xbox would be as popular as it is?

That's why I prefer PC gaming. Its where newer better games come to life first, in other words cutting edge.
kornedbeefy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Mar 2010, 18:25   #17
brave758
Ultramodder

brave758 is definitely a rep cheat.brave758 is definitely a rep cheat.brave758 is definitely a rep cheat.brave758 is definitely a rep cheat.brave758 is definitely a rep cheat.brave758 is definitely a rep cheat.brave758 is definitely a rep cheat.brave758 is definitely a rep cheat.brave758 is definitely a rep cheat.brave758 is definitely a rep cheat.brave758 is definitely a rep cheat.
Lol.... Right anyone of you who's name is even close to mine stand by for some stiffly worded letters. And WO-behold anyone's name that's the same.

Lol first apple trying to patent hand gestures now this crap. Well I've got one for you................................
brave758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Mar 2010, 20:00   #18
eddtox
Homo Interneticus

eddtox has yet to learn the way of the Dremeleddtox has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
i call f*ckwit.

/thread closed
Old 5th Mar 2010, 20:55   #19
Sloth
#yolo #swag

Sloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming Saiyan
You've all got to admit, Twisted Metal and Scrap Metal, really? Maybe not lawsuit worthy, but it's just in bad taste. He may be a jerk for suggesting a lawsuit, but it's really cutting the names close. Would it be so much harder to come up with a name that isn't "Adjective Metal" just to be safe and original? It's obviously playing off of a similar name to catch people's attention, it's pathetic.

The God of War and War of the Gods situation is a little dicey too. It's the same name turned around, with "the" added in and has a very similar plot. I call bull**** on that. Could have been Battle of the Gods, War of Immortals, War of Olympia, or any badass sounding Greek name you can think of. Anything that doesn't resemble God of War so closely, again makes it seem like cheap marketing through name recognition.
Old 6th Mar 2010, 08:02   #20
l3v1ck
really joined on Dec 24th 2004.

l3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Combat car games have been round for years, Rollcage (PC), Supercars 2 (Amiga) etc.
The old Dennis Forums (CPC, PC Pro, Mac User etc) - Meeting Place lives on. You're welcome to visit it HERE
l3v1ck is offline   Reply With Quote