bit-tech.net

Old 5th Mar 2010, 11:35   #1
Sifter3000
I used to be somebody

Sifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The Greatest Gadget

http://www.bit-tech.net/blog/2010/03...eatest-gadget/

My weblog is The Wired Jester.
Photos on Flickr.
Sifter3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Mar 2010, 12:21   #2
yakyb
i hate the person above me

yakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysis
i love my kelvin 23 although it could do with a pair of pliers integrated
Old 5th Mar 2010, 13:00   #3
phuzz
This is a title

phuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for president
I've got a "Utilikey"
(http://www.swisstechtools.com/produc...D=VZ75GDTdP68A)
It's basically a stripped down Swiss Army knife in the shape of a key, which means I've always got a knife, screwdriver and bottle opener always in my pocket, and it only takes up as much room as another key. Well handy little gadget, combined with a LED torch (which has replaced my micro-maglight) and a USB key stuffed with useful programs and I'm all set up to fix peoples computers where-ever I am...
phuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Mar 2010, 16:44   #4
Herbicide
Lurktacular

Herbicide has yet to learn the way of the DremelHerbicide has yet to learn the way of the DremelHerbicide has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Mine's a Cybertool 34. And a Minichamp on my keyring.
Old 5th Mar 2010, 17:05   #5
kenco_uk
I unsuccessfully then tried again

kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.
I thought you weren't allowed sharp objects anymore, Joe?
Old 5th Mar 2010, 17:07   #6
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenco_uk View Post
I thought you weren't allowed sharp objects anymore, Joe?
You joke, but back at home my mum never used to let me anywhere near the knives or anything. As soon as I got near anything remotely pointy I instantly started pretending to be Steven Seagal....

CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Mar 2010, 20:44   #7
Cupboard
I'm not a modder.

Cupboard has yet to learn the way of the DremelCupboard has yet to learn the way of the DremelCupboard has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
heh.
Permanently on me/in my bag I have Leatherman, lighter (again, I don't smoke), knife, emergency battery for my phone, multimeter... its is amazing how useful they are
Old 5th Mar 2010, 21:26   #8
Sloth
#yolo #swag

Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.
Seen the 14' of paracord bracelet on thinkgeek.com? The only jewelry/accessory that I wear. And of course a little pocket knife to cut it, and lighter to melt the ends down smooth. Used to carry a small tube of superglue, got sick of slight leaks ruining my pants or turning the tube fuzzy blue. And the best gadget ever... compass! As long as you know the direction you need to go named streets are a crutch.
Old 5th Mar 2010, 21:42   #9
fathazza
Freed on Probation

fathazza has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfathazza has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfathazza has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfathazza has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfathazza has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfathazza has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
frankly if you dont smoke but carry a lighter around anyway you are clearly a risk to society!

I may be fat but at least I am not Ginger
"The President is no longer a cross-eyed Texan warmonger, unelected, inarticulate, who epitomises the arrogance of American foreign policy" - Boris Johnson
fathazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Mar 2010, 22:14   #10
PureSilver
E-tailer Tailor

PureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
Originally Posted by fathazza View Post
frankly if you dont smoke but carry a lighter around anyway you are clearly a risk to society!
What will you do if you're just out shopping and a power-ballad breaks out?

I always carry a small Leatherman, an iPhone and a Zippo and there's not much you can't do between the three of them.
PureSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Mar 2010, 23:58   #11
Furymouse
Like connect 4 in dagger terms

Furymouse has yet to learn the way of the DremelFurymouse has yet to learn the way of the DremelFurymouse has yet to learn the way of the DremelFurymouse has yet to learn the way of the DremelFurymouse has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardJoe View Post
started pretending to be Steven Seagal....
You lost all facial expression and ability to act?

And for me a permanent marker and leatherman seems to work well.
Old 6th Mar 2010, 00:31   #12
Combatus
Custom PC/bit-tech modding sections

Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.
If I could somehow integrate an oyster card, bottle opener, flat head and cross head screwdrivers and a knife into my iPhone, it would be the best gadget ever. But then the swiss army knife can't make calls or run CoPilot Live so I guess it's horses for courses
Is the res loud, like, constantly making you need a piss loud?
Combatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Mar 2010, 00:34   #13
LucusLoC
Multimodder

LucusLoC has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
i always carry not one but 2 leatherman multitools (i have found myself needing two pliers often enough to make it worth it to me), as well as a nice CRKT pocket knife (m16 model) in addition to a small flashlight, small first aid kit and my blackberry (with camera/video and music). those combined with my keys and wallet are thing i cannot ever leave the house without, period. my instincts just won't let me do it.

when i actually get a chance to leave the PRC i plan on getting a CCP and adding a Sig p239 to the list of items i will not leave the home without.

you can never be too prepared, though i do have some fun stories of going to the airport. . .
LucusLoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Mar 2010, 00:46   #14
kenco_uk
I unsuccessfully then tried again

kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Combatus View Post
If I could somehow integrate an oyster card, bottle opener, flat head and cross head screwdrivers and a knife into my iPhone, it would be the best gadget ever. But then the swiss army knife can't make calls or run CoPilot Live so I guess it's horses for courses
There's an app for.. oh, wait.
Old 6th Mar 2010, 09:44   #15
The Infamous Mr D
We like beans & cheesecake

The Infamous Mr D has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furymouse View Post
You lost all facial expression and ability to act?
Let's not forget a little bit soggy around the midsection.

Seriously, I hope Steven Segal doesn't read bit-tech, old fat crap actor or not, he'd still hand me my arse...
The Infamous Mr D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Mar 2010, 17:34   #16
alpaca
llama eats dremel

alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
a leatherman wave, and i have a little app on my nokia 5800 that turns it into a flashlight, so i don't carry around my mini-maglite anymore

although it was fantastic to see someone with a big one, proclaiming the size of your maglite was inversely proportional to the size of your (yeah you know) and then pulling the little one out of your pocket.
Old 6th Mar 2010, 18:37   #17
thehippoz
Banned

thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardJoe View Post
You joke, but back at home my mum never used to let me anywhere near the knives or anything. As soon as I got near anything remotely pointy I instantly started pretending to be Steven Seagal....

the young or old segal? XD you should try a swiss army blanket.. got a couple of those- toasty and they roll up good
thehippoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Mar 2010, 12:21   #18
praxis22
Geek

praxis22 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I bought my multitool in a knife shop in Seville for 18 Euros, it's better then the expensive leatherman my boss carries. though I feel the same way about the lighter, I've had a dry zippo in my pocket for 10 years or more, and I have an "emergency" camel lighter in my leather jacket that found on the street in the 80's, still works
praxis22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Mar 2010, 14:11   #19
scawp
Multimodder

scawp has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I find that a Visa card and domino's pizza on speed dial works in most situations
scawp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Mar 2010, 16:41   #20
Fozzy
Ultramodder

Fozzy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
"The only really problem"
The only REAL problem

'I rarely need to use my iPod for anything at all, but I still have it in my back-up just in case."

I still have it AS a back-up

Does anyone edit this website?
Fozzy is offline   Reply With Quote