bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 10th Mar 2010, 18:07   #1
Sifter3000
I used to be somebody

Sifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Battlefield Bad Company 2 video

Join Harry and Antony as they take great pleasure in talking you through some HD footage of the excellent Battlefield Bad Company 2 - all the while destroying as much of the scenery as possible.

My weblog is The Wired Jester.
Photos on Flickr.
Sifter3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Mar 2010, 23:33   #2
wuyanxu
still wants Homeworld 3

wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GMCgosh8S8
in case you forgot

the video feels the same as on my PC (also gtx260) doesn't feel as smooth as MW2.
Old 11th Mar 2010, 00:34   #3
knuck
Hate your face

knuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
funny how you mention the nextgen consoles haha. They're not so nextgen anymore
| Intel i7 4770K | 12GB DDR3 2000 | Asus Maximus VI Hero | 2xGTX 570 | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | 10.5TB total | Seasonic X-1250 | Auzentech Bravura X-Fi | Fractal Design Define R3 XL | Corsair H50 | BenQ XL2420T 120Hz |
knuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Mar 2010, 00:39   #4
Elton
Proud Model M User

Elton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Mentioning the consoles are a bit amusing, they run it on low.

Cool vid nonetheless, except the lack of prone is a no-no.
Old 11th Mar 2010, 09:45   #5
Ph4ZeD
Banned

Ph4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run Crysis
I've not got the game but the graphics and destructible environments look awesome. I've got MW2 but Bad Company 2 seems a lot more PC focussed than MW2, which was basically a straight port of the experience the consoles were getting.
Ph4ZeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Mar 2010, 09:54   #6
Aracos
Elite

Aracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run Crysis
Am I the only one noticing it says download the MP3 and yet the file is an MP4? :P
Ragnarok: i5 750 @ 3200MHz | Titan Fenrir | MSI P55-GD65 | 8GiB Vengence 1600MHz CAS 9 | 1GiB 6950 DirectCU II | 60GB Crucial M4 | Samsung F3 500GB | Samsung F3 1TB | Seasonic X-750 | X-Fi XtremeGamer | HAF932 | Win 7 Pro | openSUSE
Aracos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Mar 2010, 11:44   #7
Hugo
Ex-TrustedReviews Staff

Hugo has yet to learn the way of the DremelHugo has yet to learn the way of the DremelHugo has yet to learn the way of the DremelHugo has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I notice you seem to be able to connect to servers and actually play the game - hardly realistic.
Old 11th Mar 2010, 11:48   #8
Baz
I work for Corsair

Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HugoB
I notice you seem to be able to connect to servers and actually play the game - hardly realistic.
Yeah, they're still working out the kinks unfortunately - last night the friends list and play now packed in, but you could still play. Fear the power of the PC gamers united!
Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Mar 2010, 12:21   #9
philheckler
Used to be a pc enthusiast

philheckler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.philheckler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.philheckler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.philheckler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.philheckler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.philheckler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.philheckler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.philheckler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.philheckler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.philheckler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.philheckler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Despite the server prodblems bfbc2 is a great game both single player and multiplayer , EA / DICE servers have been overwhelmed since release which is what's caused all the problems , There's an article on FUDZILLA which says dice have been suprised how well this is selling on the pc - seems to me we're all desperate for BF3 ! ( know i am...) bfbc2 more than makes up for the wait though....
Old 11th Mar 2010, 12:33   #10
Hugo
Ex-TrustedReviews Staff

Hugo has yet to learn the way of the DremelHugo has yet to learn the way of the DremelHugo has yet to learn the way of the DremelHugo has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz
Quote:
Originally Posted by HugoB
Yeah, they're still working out the kinks unfortunately - last night the friends list and play now packed in, but you could still play. Fear the power of the PC gamers united!
I was kicking butt on the CPC server until BC2 decided it couldn't connect to the EA master servers.

Oh also: I like the videos guys, nice addition to the text reviews - better than our video
Old 11th Mar 2010, 12:35   #11
[PUNK] crompers
Dremedial

[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
nice video, although it probably would have been better a tad earlier as i reckon a hell of a lot of people will have finished single player by now.
| Main Rig | TJ07B-W | 2600k @ 4.7Ghz | Sabertooth Z77 | 8GB Corsair Vengance | EVGA FTW 670 @ 1305Mhz | Samsung 830 128GB |1TB Samsung F3 | EK Supremacy CSQ | EK FC680 CSQ | Corsair HX650W | U2711 | Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless | Xonar Essence STX | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm |
| HTPC | Lian Li Q11-B | AMD A10 5800k | ASRock FM2A75M-ITX | 8GB XMS3 2000 | 1TB Seagate | SFX 350W |
[PUNK] crompers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Mar 2010, 12:42   #12
DarkLord7854
Pew pew lazerz

DarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run Crysis
As long as you guys don't go all video, and use it only to supplement the written articles, I'm all for this.
Old 11th Mar 2010, 12:45   #13
Baz
I work for Corsair

Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLord7854
As long as you guys don't go all video, and use it only to supplement the written articles, I'm all for this.
we love our text, so dont worry. Are you sure you dont want us to voice you through graphics benchmarks though?
Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Mar 2010, 12:53   #14
DarkLord7854
Pew pew lazerz

DarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run Crysis
I like reading.. and I like picking out the spelling and grammar mistakes
Old 11th Mar 2010, 13:13   #15
loftie
I *am* a Dremel

loftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Nice gamecast guys! The game is really good. Minus all the problems at the moment with the multiplayer. I did find my squad mates didnt back me up as much as they did for you though ^^ I was on a heavy machine gun, and I had 2 bad guys shooting me in the back, the AI seemed to ignore them. And the bit you died, I found grenades were the key, lots and lots of grenades :P
Old 11th Mar 2010, 15:56   #16
Metrology
What's a Dremel?

Metrology has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Nice video gents. Keep these coming.
Metrology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Mar 2010, 16:07   #17
kenco_uk
I unsuccessfully then tried again

kenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz View Post
we love our text, so dont worry. Are you sure you dont want us to voice you through graphics benchmarks though?
Heh.. Bindi swearing at boards that won't post.
Old 11th Mar 2010, 16:39   #18
Hugo
Ex-TrustedReviews Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenco_uk
Heh.. Bindi swearing at boards that won't post.
More like Bindi does QA for <Taiwanese company>.
Old 11th Mar 2010, 19:27   #19
MorpheusUK
a Noob that knows something

MorpheusUK has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I have to say having played both MW2 and BC2, they are both great games and it would be near impossible to place one in front of the other. That said as this is about BC2, almost fully destructable environments is great. Single player is great fun albeit a bit short. Online game play is not comparable and does introduce the good ol feel of Battlefield series with all the good of modern weaponary, and more realistic physics and destruction. A game well worth every penny/ cent. Just needs the kinks worked out and it will be the best of its kind.
Old 11th Mar 2010, 19:32   #20
johnnyboy700
Ultramodder

johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.
Yep, loving the gamecasts, they give a really good feel for the game and ironically enough (although not intentional) I've bought both games you've featured in the gamecasts.

More gamecasts please.
johnnyboy700 is offline   Reply With Quote