bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 12th Mar 2010, 13:56   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
AMD to launch netbook platform

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardwar...ook-platform/1

As part of the compay's Fusion range, AMD has announced a low-power netbook chipset with integrated ATI graphics.

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Mar 2010, 14:12   #2
mi1ez
Game Boy Modder

mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Good to see someone using the term " 'til "!
Old 12th Mar 2010, 14:31   #3
Cyberpower-UK
Professional Overclocker

Cyberpower-UK has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Hmmm, I got the wife an Acer Ferrari One for Christmas, it's definitely net-book rather than CULV. Battery life's not bad but it only gets ~1k 3DMark06's. The Onboard 3200 is enough for flash games, non-HD iplayer and YouTube and most importantly Galcon Fusion.
Old 12th Mar 2010, 14:47   #4
Icy EyeG
Controlled by Eyebrow Powers™

Icy EyeG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitIcy EyeG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitIcy EyeG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitIcy EyeG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitIcy EyeG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitIcy EyeG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitIcy EyeG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitIcy EyeG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitIcy EyeG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitIcy EyeG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitIcy EyeG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Isn't Athlon Neo already for netbooks? I say this because I have an Asus eeePC 1201T and it's fantastic. Good performance with Radeon 3200 and has a better battery life than 1201N (ION netbook).
Icy EyeG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Mar 2010, 15:37   #5
l3v1ck
really joined on Dec 24th 2004.

l3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
What about VIA's Nano 3000's?
The old Dennis Forums (CPC, PC Pro, Mac User etc) - Meeting Place lives on. You're welcome to visit it HERE
l3v1ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Mar 2010, 15:50   #6
V3ctor
Tech addict...

V3ctor has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
LOL... Atom already has alot of the market, and AMD is only now coming to the fight? And announce that they will have a netbook platorm but in 2011? C'mon we just started 2010... :P

And the Neo lies between a netbook (Atom) and a notebook, he's in the middle, the problem is that the price of the Neo puts him in Intel's CULV territory, the only advantage is the use of the HD3200.
Intel Core i7 4770K@4.5Ghz / ASUS Sabertooth Z87 / 2x4Gb Gskill Trident X 2400Mhz / 2x ASUS Matrix Platinum 7970 3Gb / Samsung T260 / 2x Corsair Force GT 240Gb raid0/ Corsair HX-850W/ Silverstone FT02R-Wi
V3ctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Mar 2010, 16:21   #7
crazyceo
Banned

crazyceo has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Typical AMD/ATi hot air machine claiming all but producing nothing of substance as usual.

This is a no news topic!
crazyceo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Mar 2010, 16:55   #8
Jehla
Supermodder

Jehla is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Jehla is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Jehla is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Jehla is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Jehla is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Jehla is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Jehla is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Jehla is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Jehla is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Jehla is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Jehla is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
What exactly are AMD doing with there time these days?
Jehla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Mar 2010, 18:27   #9
frontline
Punish Your Machine

frontline has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfrontline has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Netbooks leave me cold, they don't seem to serve any particular purpose that couldn't be done with either a smartphone or a cheap ultra-portable laptop.
Intel Core i7 2600K| Asus P8P67-M PRO R3 | Corsair H70 Hydro Series CPU Cooler |Corsair 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz XMS3 Memory Kit CL9 1.65V | Sapphire HD 6990 4GB GDDR5 | Crucial M225 128Gb SSD | Asus Xonar DX | LG W2261VP | Corsair GS800 PSU
frontline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Mar 2010, 18:42   #10
wiak
Multimodder

wiak has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
netbook is out, ultra protable is in
OCZ Gold PC6400 4GB Dual Channel, VelociRaptor 150GB
Corsair 620HX (12v=3x18A, +3.3v=24A, +5=24A)
wiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Mar 2010, 19:10   #11
Icy EyeG
Controlled by Eyebrow Powers™

Icy EyeG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitIcy EyeG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitIcy EyeG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitIcy EyeG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitIcy EyeG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitIcy EyeG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitIcy EyeG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitIcy EyeG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitIcy EyeG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitIcy EyeG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitIcy EyeG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
Originally Posted by frontline View Post
Netbooks leave me cold, they don't seem to serve any particular purpose that couldn't be done with either a smartphone or a cheap ultra-portable laptop.
Well, I must say that in my case is quite the contrary. I use my netbook for nearly everything: When I'm at home I simply connect it to a 19'' LCD monitor. Therefore, I rarely fire up my Core 2 rig these days (at least when I'm not on holidays). I only use it if I need to work with large images or large presentations.
Icy EyeG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Mar 2010, 21:45   #12
HourBeforeDawn
a.k.a KazeModz

HourBeforeDawn has yet to learn the way of the DremelHourBeforeDawn has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
if it does what it claims, I will buy one to replace my ASUS 1000he. Hope it has HDMI out.
• DimasTech Test Bench • Black ICE Triple 120 Rad • Dual Bay Res/Pump • DD Fill Port & Res • D-Tek FuZion 2 CPU Block • ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe Mobo • AMD Phenom II 3ghz @ 4ghz • 8gb DDR2-1100 Memory • (2) AMD 6870 XFire • (2) WD Black 640gb Raid 0 • (2) 1.5TB SEAGATE • Blu-Ray/HD DVD Drive • ASUS XONAR DX2 • 30" DOUBLESIGHT LCD • (2) 23" ASUS LCD • ZALMAN 8 FAN CONTROLLER • (4) NOCTUA P12 • (2) NOCTUA P14 • 1000W ZALMAN PSU • WINDOWS 7 PRO 64 •
HourBeforeDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Mar 2010, 01:20   #13
javaman
May irritate Eyes

javaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for president
Isn't a netbook ultra portable anyway? And have you honestly tried browsing on a smart phone for any lengh of time? One tab even smaller screen, its no where near as practical. I also spend a vast majority of my time using my netbook over main machine simply because it has my uni notes on it. Why fire up a dual core to surf anyway? Also means I can sit with the family with surfing rather than some cornor of the house.
javaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Mar 2010, 01:54   #14
confusis
Kiwi-modder

confusis can run Crysisconfusis can run Crysisconfusis can run Crysisconfusis can run Crysisconfusis can run Crysisconfusis can run Crysisconfusis can run Crysisconfusis can run Crysisconfusis can run Crysisconfusis can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyceo
Typical AMD/ATi hot air machine claiming all but producing nothing of substance as usual.

This is a no news topic!
Yet again CrazyCEO shows us how anti-AMD he is.
confusis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Mar 2010, 14:39   #15
ssj12
Hypermodder

ssj12 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
and this is why AMD is hurting in the electronics market, they are way to slow to react to competitors. Only product line they have that is good atm is anything out of ATI.
ssj12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Mar 2010, 18:49   #16
Chocobollz
Multimodder

Chocobollz has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:

This is a no news topic!
You probably means NVIDIA :P
Chocobollz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Mar 2010, 18:57   #17
Chocobollz
Multimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by confusis
You beat me to it :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssj12
and this is why AMD is hurting in the electronics market, they are way to slow to react to competitors. Only product line they have that is good atm is anything out of ATI.
That's bulldang, they aren't slow to react, they simply don't have a lot of cash to burn for the development of a new product. They even have to give all they got to survive, and you simply blame them? I bet you'll miss them if they went to bankrupt (and leaving Intel alone in the x86 CPU market). NVIDIA in other case is... (hint: they got billions in the bank :-)
Old 13th Mar 2010, 20:11   #18
crazyceo
Banned

crazyceo has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocobollz
Quote:
Originally Posted by confusis
You beat me to it :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssj12
That's bulldang, they aren't slow to react, they simply don't have a lot of cash to burn for the development of a new product. They even have to give all they got to survive, and you simply blame them? I bet you'll miss them if they went to bankrupt (and leaving Intel alone in the x86 CPU market). NVIDIA in other case is... (hint: they got billions in the bank :-)
Yet again the AMD fangirls stand up for the sinking ship. "they simply don't have a lot of cash to burn" or "I bet you'll miss them if they went to bankrupt" or "I'm telling my mommy if you call them names again!" are all the usual standard bollocks you can expect to hear from the cheerleaders.

This is a nothing news topic about more hot air from AMD because they have been caught completely off guard with the success of Netbooks. "We're bringing one out really! and ....and...and it's gonna be better and bigger than yours!" total sh!te
crazyceo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Mar 2010, 07:02   #19
Chocobollz
Multimodder

Quote:
Yet again the AMD fangirls stand up for the sinking ship. "they simply don't have a lot of cash to burn" or "I bet you'll miss them if they went to bankrupt" or "I'm telling my mommy if you call them names again!" are all the usual standard bollocks you can expect to hear from the cheerleaders.

This is a nothing news topic about more hot air from AMD because they have been caught completely off guard with the success of Netbooks. "We're bringing one out really! and ....and...and it's gonna be better and bigger than yours!" total sh!te
So, what do you want them to do, exactly? Every tech companies are doing this thing (eg. an announcement) and yet when AMD do this, you simply blame them without any merits? Blaming someone/something surely is easy, but you won't get any respect from that. Oh and if they really are slow to react to competitors, then why is that they're the 2nd biggest x86 CPU manufacturers in the world? Because they have no substansial products? Really? Don't you think you blame the wrong company? LOL
Old 14th Mar 2010, 07:18   #20
null_x86
Thread Closer

null_x86 can run Crysisnull_x86 can run Crysisnull_x86 can run Crysisnull_x86 can run Crysisnull_x86 can run Crysisnull_x86 can run Crysisnull_x86 can run Crysisnull_x86 can run Crysisnull_x86 can run Crysisnull_x86 can run Crysis
ITT: Intel Fanboys

I have an atom-based netbook and its crap. AMD's Neo platform is pretty good, would definetly look forward to a netbook platform from them.
Korraz - That iPad vs Stone one is an insulting lie! I never expected to see something so mediocre as THIS an this holy thread! You disgust me! A stone HAS a Touchscreen!
null_x86 is offline   Reply With Quote