bit-tech.net

Old 14th Mar 2010, 09:47   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Flotilla Review

http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/pc/20...tilla-review/1

We take a look at Flotilla, an indie game where you control a terminally ill space captain who has seven months to explore the cosmos. The universe is a dangerous place though, so be prepared to deal with space cats, confused crocodiles and reindeer armies.

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Mar 2010, 10:46   #2
MajorTom
Multimodder

MajorTom has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Been keeping an eye on this one. Looks well worth a buy. Looks like it might run on a netbook too.
Old 14th Mar 2010, 11:07   #3
UncertainGod
Ultramodder

UncertainGod has yet to learn the way of the DremelUncertainGod has yet to learn the way of the DremelUncertainGod has yet to learn the way of the DremelUncertainGod has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The best thing about flotilla is just how much the game has been enhanced with the frankly staggering amount of patches released in the past couple of weeks solving balance issues and introducing new features like the smite button to help you get rid of those very annoying warships.

PSN ID: Sp4rkR4t
UncertainGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Mar 2010, 11:13   #4
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Pfft. Smite is for wimps!

www.joemartinwords.com

Old 14th Mar 2010, 13:22   #5
zimbloggy
Genius Extraordinaire

zimbloggy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Does this have ending like gravity bone or barista 4 where you are falling and you see crazy things and you aren't sure what exactly they all mean but it's awesome anyway?
Old 14th Mar 2010, 13:33   #6
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimbloggy
Does this have ending like gravity bone or barista 4 where you are falling and you see crazy things and you aren't sure what exactly they all mean but it's awesome anyway?
Nope. Depending on which mode you play then there's either an abrupt ending or no ending. Still, the writing is just as awesome as in those games.

www.joemartinwords.com

Old 15th Mar 2010, 09:41   #7
mi1ez
Game Boy Modder

mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
I'm in. Will be purchasing this when i get home.
Old 15th Mar 2010, 16:07   #8
FeRaL
Multimodder

FeRaL has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Turn based Homeworld?
I thoroughly disapprove of duels. I consider them unwise and I know they are dangerous. Also, sinful. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet retired spot and kill him.
- Autobiography of Mark Twain
FeRaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Mar 2010, 16:21   #9
UncertainGod
Ultramodder

UncertainGod has yet to learn the way of the DremelUncertainGod has yet to learn the way of the DremelUncertainGod has yet to learn the way of the DremelUncertainGod has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeRaL View Post
Turn based Homeworld?
That's what I thought when I bought it but it turns out it's much, much better than that. Homeworld didn't have drug smuggling cats for one.

PSN ID: Sp4rkR4t
UncertainGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Mar 2010, 16:57   #10
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

This could be the game I get addicted to for the rest of the year, I reckon. It's Torchlight for those who like a slower pace, in many ways.

www.joemartinwords.com