bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 18th Mar 2010, 09:43   #1
Claave
You Rebel scum

Claave has yet to learn the way of the DremelClaave has yet to learn the way of the DremelClaave has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
God of War III Review

It's War in Ancient Greece, as Kratos leads the Titans into battle with the Gods of Mount Olympus. After such a long wait though, can Sony's continuing saga of Angry Greek Men really live up to expectation? We take a look to see if this is Sparta or Patrick.

http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/ps3/2...war-3-review/1

Win more things with CPC and bit-tech
Claave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Mar 2010, 09:45   #2
NuTech
Mod Master

NuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run Crysis
Great review, I really need to find the time to pick this up and play it.

However it's really depressing that the best looking games are no longer on the PC.
Old 18th Mar 2010, 09:58   #3
lacuna
Supermodder

lacuna has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
...while Square appears on the right hand side.
Hopefully you mean the left hand side, otherwise it would be horribly confusing
lacuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Mar 2010, 10:01   #4
BentAnat
Software Dev

BentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by Review
No, this is Patrick
That had me LOLing
Old 18th Mar 2010, 10:45   #5
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lacuna
Quote:
...while Square appears on the right hand side.
Hopefully you mean the left hand side, otherwise it would be horribly confusing
Whoops - fixing!

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Mar 2010, 10:58   #6
dinjo_jo
Multimodder

dinjo_jo has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
First 30 mins are jaw dropping to say the least i haven't seen any game which pumps your heart right at the start of game.Great signs of epicness i was also expecting a video review of this fantastic game
dinjo_jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Mar 2010, 11:02   #7
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinjo_jo
First 30 mins are jaw dropping to say the least i haven't seen any game which pumps your heart right at the start of game.Great signs of epicness i was also expecting a video review of this fantastic game
Alas, we don't have the capability to take video from a PS3 at the moment (other than crappy shaky cam). My understanding is that we need a debug PS3 and/or some extra gear to do it properly. If you really want to see PS3 vids on the site then you should write to Sony and tell them to give us a debug unit

www.joemartinwords.com

Old 18th Mar 2010, 11:31   #8
Blademrk
Why so serious?

Blademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
sounds epic, quite possibly the game to push me into getting a PS3.

My X-Box Live gamertag, PSN, Steam & Nintendo ID is BladeMrk
Blademrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Mar 2010, 11:32   #9
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blademrk
It's already got my girlfriend desperate to get one.

www.joemartinwords.com

Old 18th Mar 2010, 11:49   #10
Da_Rude_Baboon
What the?

Da_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
You can import the god of war collection collection from the US that has the original games remastered in HD goodness for the PS3. The first 2 are classics and its well worth playing them both to follow the complete story arc.
Da_Rude_Baboon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Mar 2010, 12:26   #11
perplekks45
LIKE AN ANIMAL!

perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Errr... all you need is one of these:

Looks like a great game though.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Iš! Iš! Cthulhu fhtagn!
perplekks45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Mar 2010, 12:37   #12
Yemerich
I can has PERSUADETRON?

Yemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
You like GoW? So you will like this casemod by my friend Maciel:

More info in here. Sadly, portuguese only (up to now).
Hades (Best advanced casemod design CP-Brazil 2010)

Take a look on my projects here.
Yemerich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Mar 2010, 12:39   #13
hexx
Multimodder

hexx has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Rude_Baboon
Quote:
You can import the god of war collection collection from the US that has the original games remastered in HD goodness for the PS3. The first 2 are classics and its well worth playing them both to follow the complete story arc.
that's exactly what I did yesterday ordered God of War Collection from amazon hehe, there was great GoW coverage in OPM in February and would make lot of sense to play first 2 parts and since the reviews of this HD remaster are great (apart from video cut-scenes which are SD) the decision was easy - I bought them. you can get them from UK amazon (marketplace seller) for 29.99 + delivery (i think it was around 1.5 for delivery)
Old 18th Mar 2010, 12:41   #14
mastorofpuppetz
Banned

mastorofpuppetz has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Game is incredible, no other game ever is epic, and makes your jar drop in awe like this. I dont even like action games like this, more of a PC guy but GOW 3 is something else. Good interesting story to. Amazing what the PS3 can do graphically when devs do it right.
mastorofpuppetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Mar 2010, 12:43   #15
hexx
Multimodder

hexx has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yemerich
You like GoW? So you will like this casemod by my friend Maciel:

More info in here. Sadly, portuguese only (up to now).
That's wicked!!!!!
Old 18th Mar 2010, 12:50   #16
mastorofpuppetz
Banned

LMAO, dude is a hardcore GOW fan to make that mod, epic.
Old 18th Mar 2010, 12:55   #17
Deadpool46
Minimodder

Deadpool46 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuTech

However it's really depressing that the best looking games are no longer on the PC.
mmmm yeah maybe, but Metro 2033 is looking rather spiffy...... if you have the hardware of course.

http://exophase.com/industry/gallery...ally-14284.htm
Deadpool46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Mar 2010, 13:00   #18
mastorofpuppetz
Banned

Unfortunately metro is not a very good game, average i guess is the best way to describe it, feels like a linear stalker.
Old 18th Mar 2010, 13:01   #19
NuTech
Mod Master

NuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool46 View Post
mmmm yeah maybe, but Metro 2033 is looking rather spiffy...... if you have the hardware of course.

Lets not kid ourselves, no PC games come close to the inspired combination of graphics, animation and scale as games like God of War III, Uncharted 2 or Heavy Rain.

I'm a PC gamer until I die, but there is nobody out there pushing it's capabilities any more, so I'm happy to share my time between my PC, 360, PS3 and DS.
Old 18th Mar 2010, 13:04   #20
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool46
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuTech

We had this argument in the office yesterday. I still think that God of War 3 looks better than nearly anything I've seen lately on PC, including DX11 games like Stalker and Metro 2033. The key is the style, not the technical details.

As I said to Rich: God of War 3 may have technically lesser graphics and run on a 7900GT (equivalent), but it shows me excellent looking giants fighting with gods, exploding mountains and dragons made of water. Stalker: Call of Pripyat requires the latest tech, runs in DirectX 11, has an awesome lighting engine...but all it shows me is a dozen different shades of brown.

Don't get me wrong, Stalker looks good in a different way. The draw distance and AA are great. But I played Call of Pripyat and wasn't wowed. I played God of War 3 and my jaw dropped. It's better to do something new with something old than to do something old with something new.

www.joemartinwords.com