bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 22nd Mar 2010, 13:38   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Molyneux: Facebook is changing PC gaming

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...ng-pc-gaming/1

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Mar 2010, 13:48   #2
chrisb2e9
Dont do that...

chrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysis
Sadly I agree. They (facebook gaming company's) are making a lot of money. And how much coding is involved in farmville compared to crysis?
Sadly for me, I would rather play crysis...

On a side note, I think Peter says random things until he gets something right. Or at least one person agrees with him...
Old 22nd Mar 2010, 13:51   #3
Silver51
I cast flare!

Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Farmville ... cutting edge ... where the PC games industry is headed.
Which reminds me; I really need to get the name of Molyneux's pharmacist.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Facebook games were all about targeted advertising and harvesting user's details, (then selling them on to even more advertising companies.)
Silver51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Mar 2010, 13:51   #4
theflatworm
Gordon Freeman's Crowbar

theflatworm has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
If facebook flash games are the the future, I'm buying myself a sega master-system right now, just to get ahead of the curve.
theflatworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Mar 2010, 13:52   #5
mi1ez
Game Boy Modder

mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
HAHA! You're right about Molyneux, he runs the percentage game!

As much as I hate it, PC gaming is becoming popular again, but not the games i'm interested in (HL2:Ep3 on facebook anyone?)
Old 22nd Mar 2010, 13:55   #6
theflatworm
Gordon Freeman's Crowbar

theflatworm has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by mi1ez
HAHA! You're right about Molyneux, he runs the percentage game!

As much as I hate it, PC gaming is becoming popular again, but not the games i'm interested in (HL2:Ep3 on facebook anyone?)
Invite 50 'friends' to gain the crowbar. Post 5000 bits of annoying junk on your own wall to deploy grav gun. Post 10,000 bits of annoying junk on other people's wall to... rinse, repeat.

Sadly, I was actually addicted to Mafia Wars for a little while. And I played Farmville *hangs head in shame*.
theflatworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Mar 2010, 14:00   #7
Woodspoon
Supermodder

Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.
Zynga, poor games for people who are at work and bored.
Natal, a late attempt to cash in on the Wii's turf, with most Wii's now in the corner gathering dust.
Woodspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Mar 2010, 14:02   #8
Zero_UK
Hypermodder

Zero_UK is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zero_UK is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zero_UK is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zero_UK is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zero_UK is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zero_UK is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zero_UK is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zero_UK is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zero_UK is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zero_UK is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zero_UK is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Haha yeah... =\ Since when did games like farmville appeal to the true PC gaming audience. Farmville is just for the casual gaming market where the definition of fun comes from mindless straight forward and time consuming clicking where no one wins or loses but just gets their farm or fish all pretty and then demands more of your time to keep it that way. Casual games like that are just cheap and simple and as evidenced easily mass produced.

It amuses me seeing a casual gaming audience. "Ooo look at my experience it's more than yours haha!!! OWNED!!" hm. Okay, shows you've wasted more time on a process that you have gained nothing. You don't need to learn the game, you cant win, you cant lose, it doesn't make you think. Try a bit of starcraft and see you get your arse kicked, bit of Quake Live. Oh wait you don't like it, because everything has to be given to you on a plate. Or if you call flash games a PC game then play some real retro games like tetris, asteroids or what ever. -,-...
Zero_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Mar 2010, 14:04   #9
UrbanMarine
Government Prostitute

UrbanMarine has yet to learn the way of the DremelUrbanMarine has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I wouldn't call it reborn, just recycled to the casual social network.
Farmville = Viva Pinata
Mafia Wars = Gangland

Sadly I don't finding it to be cutting edge. More like a 180 turn back to the past (Retro gaming).
Old 22nd Mar 2010, 14:07   #10
knuck
Hate your face

knuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
farmville is NOT gaming, period.

I hate how everyone refers to any kind of crappy game as "gaming". The real gaming is hardcore. Right as I am typing this, my Zune shuffled to the boss song of MegaMan III to remind me what real hardcore gaming is (mostly was)

"iPhone/CellPhones/mp3Players/facebook/flashInGeneral" games areNOT gaming, they are merely a way to kill 2minutes before you get bored of the damn thing
| Intel i7 4770K | 12GB DDR3 2000 | Asus Maximus VI Hero | 2xGTX 570 | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | 10.5TB total | Seasonic X-1250 | Auzentech Bravura X-Fi | Fractal Design Define R3 XL | Corsair H50 | BenQ XL2420T 120Hz |
knuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Mar 2010, 14:18   #11
Fizzban
Man of Many Typos

Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.
Agrees ^

I don't think we should confuse 'PC gaming' with 'browser gaming'. You might use a browser largely on a PC, but that is where the similarity stops. The Zynga offerings are purely for browsers and are nothing more than tea-break pastimes.

To win the battle, is to be prepared to die - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFlames View Post
Asking to pick between the main parties is like asking which testicle you want to be kicked in, you're gonna get kicked the nuts whoever you pick... Just have to hope whoever you pick aren't wearing steelies...
Fizzban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Mar 2010, 14:20   #12
javaman
May irritate Eyes

javaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for president
Biggest problems with these games are they're on facebook..........im not. Id rather keep my soul thankyou
javaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Mar 2010, 16:06   #13
Boxcarr
Will use any tool available.

Boxcarr has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Desktop defender is on facebook now... not quite as good as the original but its still fun to blow stuff up.

( & plants vs. zombies is a flash game if i'm not mistaken)
Boxcarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Mar 2010, 16:15   #14
thehippoz
Banned

thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
I know why can't facebook users entertain themselves with videos from break or youtube like they used to.. zygna stole that game strait up from farm town

half my family on facebook plays mafia wars.. booooo actually facebook could be the new steam if they were smart- it's basically untapped and you see what little games they've got people who like solitair and minefield are all into it
thehippoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Mar 2010, 18:05   #15
liratheal
Sharing is caring

liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Yet more crap dribbling from Captain Molyneuxs mouth.

Nothing new, nothing surprising, and nothing to take note of. He can go be a jabbering idiot elsewhere.
Focus RS Mk1; Build number 1506
liratheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Mar 2010, 18:18   #16
wuyanxu
still wants Homeworld 3

wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghys View Post
farmville is NOT gaming, period.

I hate how everyone refers to any kind of crappy game as "gaming". The real gaming is hardcore. Right as I am typing this, my Zune shuffled to the boss song of MegaMan III to remind me what real hardcore gaming is (mostly was)

"iPhone/CellPhones/mp3Players/facebook/flashInGeneral" games areNOT gaming, they are merely a way to kill 2minutes before you get bored of the damn thing
QFT.

any facebook game is just a simple flash game, would people call miniclip's flash games PC gaming?

and well said on portable gaming, apart from a few exceptions, gaming on those small devices are just minute wasters.
(excepting being well ported games such as Peggle and Plants vs Zombies)
Old 22nd Mar 2010, 19:32   #17
mastorofpuppetz
Banned

mastorofpuppetz has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This guy is an idiot, don't mean to sound harsh, but Ican't remember another dev that everytime he speaks it is total rubbish. Farmville, facebook is not Pc gaming in the least, they are simple time wasters, no different then the plethora of web based games that have been around for years.
mastorofpuppetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Mar 2010, 21:19   #18
1ad7
Supermodder

1ad7 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
well lets hope he starts making facebook games and leaves the lot of us the **** alone.
1ad7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Mar 2010, 00:03   #19
s3v3n
MMO Cold Turkey -fail

s3v3n has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
He seems like a guy who tries real hard to convince other ( and maybe himself) that he thinks outside of the box. Change for the sake of change gives you ADD.
s3v3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Mar 2010, 00:08   #20
D-Cyph3r
Gay for Yunosuke

D-Cyph3r has yet to learn the way of the DremelD-Cyph3r has yet to learn the way of the DremelD-Cyph3r has yet to learn the way of the DremelD-Cyph3r has yet to learn the way of the DremelD-Cyph3r has yet to learn the way of the DremelD-Cyph3r has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Molyneux needs a big slice of STFU cake...

1 of the cleanest Micro-ATX builds you'll see incoming...
D-Cyph3r is offline   Reply With Quote