bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 6th Apr 2010, 11:57   #1
Sifter3000
I used to be somebody

Sifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Games I Own: Codename: Eagle

http://www.bit-tech.net/blog/2010/04...odename-eagle/

My weblog is The Wired Jester.
Photos on Flickr.
Sifter3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Apr 2010, 16:53   #2
Boogle
Supermodder

Boogle can run CrysisBoogle can run CrysisBoogle can run CrysisBoogle can run CrysisBoogle can run CrysisBoogle can run CrysisBoogle can run CrysisBoogle can run CrysisBoogle can run CrysisBoogle can run CrysisBoogle can run Crysis
I loved that game too! I had only the demo and did exactly what you did - mess about on my own. No one played the demo online, so it's all you had. Yet at the time, it was so unique you couldn't help yourself but play the demo. The zepellin was amazing, this massive floating fortress IN A GAME! You could even fly it yourself! A true titan before BF2142 was even sketched out on paper.

No one ever believes me when I say that there was a game better than Battlefield before Battlefield. It was probably rubbish online, but that's all lies!
Boogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Apr 2010, 17:29   #3
Farfalho
Supermodder

Farfalho has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
It rang a bell with the wingwalk, I've heard of it in another game, I guess that's pretty wicked. Although I think that the character would freeze at such altitudes xD
Farfalho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Apr 2010, 17:42   #4
thehippoz
Banned

thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
codename : probably won't be playing this XD
thehippoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Apr 2010, 18:01   #5
zimbloggy
Genius Extraordinaire

zimbloggy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I had many experiences playing multiplayer demos by myself. The ones I played were Outwars and Jedi Knight (being darth vader on the death star was the best).
Old 8th Apr 2010, 12:28   #6
GiantStickMan
Multimodder

GiantStickMan has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Now here is a title i hadn't heard of in some time. Like you, I picked this one up from a bargain bin after enjoying the demo. I'm very glad I never paid full price for it because it was, in a word, rubbish.
GiantStickMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Apr 2010, 10:34   #7
Rexxie
Multimodder

Rexxie has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
It's a real shame you never experienced the sheer awesomeness of multiplayer Codename Eagle. It's one of, if not THE best multiplayer game I've ever played.

For anyone who is interested in trying it out, there is an unofficial updated multiplayer demo (which contains just about everything the full game does) available on Codename Eagle Nation (www.codenameeagle.net).

Try it out at your next LAN party, I will guarantee many laughs :-)