bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 8th Apr 2010, 12:33   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Gaming Podcast 12 - With Added BBC

http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/pc/20...th-added-bbc/1

Next on Made in the UK Week, Joe, James and Alex sit down for a new gaming podcast with a special guest from the BBC. The four of them muse over some of the best games to come from the UK, pausing only to give away some new prizes in the Guess the Screenshot competition.

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Apr 2010, 14:51   #2
flibblesan
Destroyer

flibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Hurrah, another quiet podcast! Time to turn the volume up on my speakers again

Please fix the volume for the next podcast. Some of us like to listen to this on the way to work
flibblesan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Apr 2010, 14:55   #3
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flibblesan

Please fix the volume for the next podcast. Some of us like to listen to this on the way to work
There has got to be something wrong with your player. I had to listen to this on (not great) headphones with the volume turned down to 1/3rd. I even got Jamie to download it and check the volume was OK before we posted it...

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Apr 2010, 14:57   #4
NuTech
Mod Master

NuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run Crysis
Audio was fine for me.

Adam Rosser was a great and well informed guest (are you sure he works for the BBC?), you should get him on again sometime.
Old 8th Apr 2010, 14:57   #5
flibblesan
Destroyer

flibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardJoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by flibblesan

There has got to be something wrong with your player. I had to listen to this on (not great) headphones with the volume turned down to 1/3rd. I even got Jamie to download it and check the volume was OK before we posted it...
I've checked this with Gaming Podcast 11 and the volume is lower, to me. This is using iTunes which downloaded the podcast. I'll dig around to see if there is anything else causing issues.

Edit: Sound Check was ticked.. unticked this and the volume went back to normal. Stupid iTunes...

Last edited by flibblesan; 8th Apr 2010 at 15:05. Reason: I am a stupid
flibblesan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Apr 2010, 15:23   #6
Centy-face
Caw?

Centy-face has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Loved the mid description cut my mind was going that way anyways. Great show make them more regular guys you don't really need to eat and sleep that much do you.
Centy-face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Apr 2010, 23:30   #7
WildThing
Hypermodder

WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Great podcast, Adam had a lot of interesting viewpoints. Will have to look out for his show.
Asus P8P67 PRO Intel i5 2500K @ 4.4GHz Titan Fenrir XFX 6950 @ 6970 2x4GB Corsair DDR3 1600MHz 2x Crucial C300 128GB (OS + Games) Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Auzentech XFI-Prelude + Creative T7700 7.1 Enermax Liberty 500W Corsair 650D case HP 24" LP2475W Win7 x64
WildThing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Apr 2010, 11:13   #8
srgtherasta
Supermodder

srgtherasta should be considered for presidentsrgtherasta should be considered for presidentsrgtherasta should be considered for presidentsrgtherasta should be considered for presidentsrgtherasta should be considered for presidentsrgtherasta should be considered for presidentsrgtherasta should be considered for presidentsrgtherasta should be considered for presidentsrgtherasta should be considered for presidentsrgtherasta should be considered for presidentsrgtherasta should be considered for president
Very quiet for me too. Old iphone can't go any louder. Still from what i could hear it was good.
srgtherasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Apr 2010, 21:33   #9
wuyanxu
still wants Homeworld 3

wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.
leveling up in multiplayer FPS, it's something to add to the game. games such as MW2 will simply make the game too repetitive. it's like a goal in the game, "im going to unlock that weapon in next few matches". going in reverse will simply deter people from playing.

It possible to have unimportant upgrades, or a very good weapon at start, so that lower ranked players are not at a significant disadvantage. look at BFBC2, starting weapons are very good, such as the M24 sniper rifle, the SCAR-L SMG. MW2 also does this with perks, stopping power and slight of hand.

speaking of PC game bugs, im having same problem with Punkbuster and BFBC2, it only works 50% of the times
Old 12th Apr 2010, 00:58   #10
thehippoz
Banned

thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
went to d/l the mp3 and it's error
thehippoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Apr 2010, 11:11   #11
Nodule
Multimodder

Nodule has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Re audio, with flibblesan on this one. Generally OK but some parts were near on inaudible, even on a quiet commuter train. Not sure its the audio tech though - I think its just people being too far from the mic.
Nodule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Apr 2010, 01:17   #12
fev
Industry Fallout

fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
more guests.... like me! Bindi can vouch for my work