1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Activision counter-sues Infinity Ward founders

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 12 Apr 2010.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Huh. Ha.

3. leeroy

leeroy What's a Dremel?

like an episode of eastenders, except entertaining

4. theflatworm

theflatworm Gordon Freeman's Crowbar

*titter*

5. _Metal_Guitar_

_Metal_Guitar_ What's a Dremel?

Stupid Activision. They NEED to delay CODMW3...don't they ever learn that people that sick of the same thing over and over.

6. Bazz

Bazz Multimodder

With BF: BC2 out and the new Medal of Honor coming out, who needs Activision anymore??
    I have moved away from them for good, more 'hand bags at dawn' type stuff will only alienate customers....

7. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

COD 2011, COD2012, COD2013........Going the same way as EA everyday. Why not just release add on packs and overcharge for that instead?

8. AcidJiles

AcidJiles Minimodder

+1

9. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

i not loaded MW2 back on once i upgraded my system playing BF:BC2 mostly now, need an buy an new cod4 key as i guess some server admins do not like been shot at a lot

MW2 peer host system they use is unreliable, shot lag/network lag is way to bad in that game (plays like an console game, gears of war users will know what shot lag is host most of the time always wins)

10. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Well it seems that West and Zampella have started "Respawn" a new development studio with EA.

Last edited: 12 Apr 2010
  11. bbshammo

bbshammo What's a Dremel?

As far as I'm concerned, I hope both of them really get stung badly in multitude ways through this episode.

After paying good money for MW2, and learning that IW/Activision thought it was a good idea to build camping into the game and celebrate the most deplorable of "gamer" types, whilst simultaneously tying the hands of decent players behind their backs, I shelved it for good.

All they care about is making as much money as possible at any cost, with as little effort as possible; which alone is no way to expect long-term business from customers.

It's just short-sighted and amateurish.

They are both fit only for the superficial console gaming market where the vast majority of gamers are satisfied as long as things are shiny, shiny, :p

Here's to both their downfalls!

:)

12. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Name calling, finger pointing and "he started it".."NO it was him!" It's like something out of a school playground..or perhaps a play. Who will get the cream pie in the face I wonder?

13. 1ad7

1ad7 What's a Dremel?

Wow this could get really really interesting. If they were truly planning a coup then Activision may have some legs to stand on. The real question is does Activision have any proof they planned to run off or are they just hopping they made such plans shortly after realizing Activision was trying to shaft them on there royalty payments? If i was these guys when I figured they were not going to pay I would have talked with my buddy's about a new company... but It wouldn't be the master plan they are being accused of...

14. ambrose

ambrose What's a Dremel?

seems like a good time to be a lawyer....... but all these cases seem quite hollow from here.

15. SteveU

SteveU Minimodder

I love this line:-

EA, who is strongly rumoured to be in talks with the Infinity Ward founders, has been quick to get a quip or two in as well, with spokesperson Jeff Brown saying that "[EA doesn't] have the time to comment on the many lawsuits Activision files against its employees and creative partners."

16. knuck

knuck Hate your face

god I hate what the gaming world has become ...I would love to go back in time 15 years

Tags: Add Tags