bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 12th Apr 2010, 10:53   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Activision counter-sues Infinity Ward founders

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...y-ward-found/1

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Apr 2010, 11:28   #2
liratheal
Sharing is caring

liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Huh. Ha.
Focus RS Mk1; Build number 1506
liratheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Apr 2010, 11:40   #3
leeroy
What's a Dremel?

leeroy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
like an episode of eastenders, except entertaining
leeroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Apr 2010, 13:13   #4
theflatworm
Gordon Freeman's Crowbar

theflatworm has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
*titter*
theflatworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Apr 2010, 13:33   #5
_Metal_Guitar_
Multimodder

_Metal_Guitar_ has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Stupid Activision. They NEED to delay CODMW3...don't they ever learn that people that sick of the same thing over and over.
_Metal_Guitar_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Apr 2010, 13:42   #6
Bazz
6.62606957 10-34 m2 kg/s

Bazz is definitely a rep cheat.Bazz is definitely a rep cheat.Bazz is definitely a rep cheat.Bazz is definitely a rep cheat.Bazz is definitely a rep cheat.Bazz is definitely a rep cheat.Bazz is definitely a rep cheat.Bazz is definitely a rep cheat.Bazz is definitely a rep cheat.Bazz is definitely a rep cheat.Bazz is definitely a rep cheat.
With BF: BC2 out and the new Medal of Honor coming out, who needs Activision anymore??
I have moved away from them for good, more 'hand bags at dawn' type stuff will only alienate customers....

Core i5-2500k | Windows 8.1 | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H | 16GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3 | Crucial M4 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 360GB | OCZ Vertex 3 120GB | nVidia Geforce GTX 460 1GB
Bazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Apr 2010, 13:53   #7
javaman
May irritate Eyes

javaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for president
COD 2011, COD2012, COD2013........Going the same way as EA everyday. Why not just release add on packs and overcharge for that instead?
javaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Apr 2010, 15:02   #8
AcidJiles
Supermodder

AcidJiles has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by leeroy
like an episode of eastenders, except entertaining
+1
AcidJiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Apr 2010, 15:30   #9
leexgx
CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

leexgx has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleexgx has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleexgx has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleexgx has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleexgx has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleexgx has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
i not loaded MW2 back on once i upgraded my system playing BF:BC2 mostly now, need an buy an new cod4 key as i guess some server admins do not like been shot at a lot

MW2 peer host system they use is unreliable, shot lag/network lag is way to bad in that game (plays like an console game, gears of war users will know what shot lag is host most of the time always wins)
i7-920 (4Ghz) <> Titian ferna <> Rampage extreme III<> GTX480 <> 6gb 3x2gb OCZ Gold 1600 <> SSD M225 256gb / segate .11 1.5TB <> X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty <> TK 1000w Toughpower <win7 x64> GreenFrog Computers Warrington
leexgx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Apr 2010, 15:51   #10
Blademrk
Why so serious?

Blademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Well it seems that West and Zampella have started "Respawn" a new development studio with EA.

My X-Box Live gamertag, PSN, Steam & Nintendo ID is BladeMrk

Last edited by Blademrk; 12th Apr 2010 at 16:08.
Blademrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Apr 2010, 15:55   #11
bbshammo
Modder

bbshammo has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
As far as I'm concerned, I hope both of them really get stung badly in multitude ways through this episode.

After paying good money for MW2, and learning that IW/Activision thought it was a good idea to build camping into the game and celebrate the most deplorable of "gamer" types, whilst simultaneously tying the hands of decent players behind their backs, I shelved it for good.

All they care about is making as much money as possible at any cost, with as little effort as possible; which alone is no way to expect long-term business from customers.

It's just short-sighted and amateurish.

They are both fit only for the superficial console gaming market where the vast majority of gamers are satisfied as long as things are shiny, shiny,

Here's to both their downfalls!

bbshammo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Apr 2010, 17:51   #12
Fizzban
Man of Many Typos

Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.
Name calling, finger pointing and "he started it".."NO it was him!" It's like something out of a school playground..or perhaps a play. Who will get the cream pie in the face I wonder?

To win the battle, is to be prepared to die - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFlames View Post
Asking to pick between the main parties is like asking which testicle you want to be kicked in, you're gonna get kicked the nuts whoever you pick... Just have to hope whoever you pick aren't wearing steelies...
Fizzban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Apr 2010, 08:38   #13
1ad7
Supermodder

1ad7 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Wow this could get really really interesting. If they were truly planning a coup then Activision may have some legs to stand on. The real question is does Activision have any proof they planned to run off or are they just hopping they made such plans shortly after realizing Activision was trying to shaft them on there royalty payments? If i was these guys when I figured they were not going to pay I would have talked with my buddy's about a new company... but It wouldn't be the master plan they are being accused of...
1ad7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Apr 2010, 12:35   #14
ambrose
What's a Dremel?

ambrose has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
seems like a good time to be a lawyer....... but all these cases seem quite hollow from here.
ambrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Apr 2010, 13:54   #15
SteveU
Multimodder

SteveU has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I love this line:-

EA, who is strongly rumoured to be in talks with the Infinity Ward founders, has been quick to get a quip or two in as well, with spokesperson Jeff Brown saying that "[EA doesn't] have the time to comment on the many lawsuits Activision files against its employees and creative partners."
SteveU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Apr 2010, 16:04   #16
knuck
Hate your face

knuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
god I hate what the gaming world has become ...I would love to go back in time 15 years
| Intel i7 4770K | 12GB DDR3 2000 | Asus Maximus VI Hero | 2xGTX 570 | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | 10.5TB total | Seasonic X-1250 | Auzentech Bravura X-Fi | Fractal Design Define R3 XL | Corsair H50 | BenQ XL2420T 120Hz |
knuck is offline   Reply With Quote