bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 15th Apr 2010, 11:12   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
GameStation: "We own your soul"

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...wn-your-soul/1

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Apr 2010, 11:19   #2
yakyb
i hate the person above me

yakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysis
umm could i not sue them for this

if my belief is that we have a soul (which it isn't)
Old 15th Apr 2010, 11:20   #3
yakyb
i hate the person above me

yakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakyb

Oh on that note any one want it? 10 grand?
Old 15th Apr 2010, 11:33   #4
rickysio
N900 | HJE900

rickysio has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'd sell it for a Core i9000 if I can have it (and relevant hardware) right now.
rickysio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Apr 2010, 11:40   #5
whisperwolf
I *am* a Dremel

whisperwolf can run Crysiswhisperwolf can run Crysiswhisperwolf can run Crysiswhisperwolf can run Crysiswhisperwolf can run Crysiswhisperwolf can run Crysiswhisperwolf can run Crysiswhisperwolf can run Crysiswhisperwolf can run Crysiswhisperwolf can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakyb View Post

what would you sue them for? Realsing that customers don't read terms and conditions. I'd be invoking the term and offering people their souls back in exchange for a years work at the store, I mean that must be how they got the current staff to work for them isn't it.

My Flickr
whisperwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Apr 2010, 11:44   #6
Unknownsock
Supermodder

Unknownsock has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This is...awesome
Unknownsock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Apr 2010, 11:45   #7
leveller
Yeti Sports 2 - 2011 Champion!

leveller has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleveller has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleveller has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleveller has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleveller has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleveller has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
"GameStation executives are now assuring all customers that they are not enforcing the Immortal Soul Clause"

... not enforcing the clause ... yet!
leveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Apr 2010, 11:46   #8
[USRF]Obiwan
I *am* a Dremel

[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Nobody reads them because its a lot of blablabla which normal people do not understand anyway. Besides that, it is for the protection of the company not for protecting the people using their products.
In 1982 I was addicted to Lady Bug and played it in the local arcade (every day) And yes i'm proud I did that!
[USRF]Obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Apr 2010, 11:54   #9
Fizzban
Man of Many Typos

Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.
That is just ******* brilliant!

To win the battle, is to be prepared to die - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFlames View Post
Asking to pick between the main parties is like asking which testicle you want to be kicked in, you're gonna get kicked the nuts whoever you pick... Just have to hope whoever you pick aren't wearing steelies...
Fizzban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Apr 2010, 12:03   #10
LeMaltor
>^_^<

LeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
It's just babble, well done to everyone who didn't waste their time reading it.
Old 15th Apr 2010, 12:03   #11
wiak
Multimodder

wiak has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
april fools you gotta love some stores
terms and conditions is so long nobody wanna read 100 pages, make it 1 page then meybe or just do like HashTab's License Agreement :P
http://beeblebrox.org/
OCZ Gold PC6400 4GB Dual Channel, VelociRaptor 150GB
Corsair 620HX (12v=3x18A, +3.3v=24A, +5=24A)
wiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Apr 2010, 12:10   #12
lacuna
Supermodder

lacuna has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMaltor
It's just babble, well done to everyone who didn't waste their time reading it.

yeah, they did really well to miss out on the voucher...
lacuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Apr 2010, 12:28   #13
tron
Supermodder

tron has yet to learn the way of the Dremeltron has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
If I had seen the clause, i probably would still have clicked 'yes', as the clause relates to something which imo, along with gods and wizards, doesn't even exist.
tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Apr 2010, 12:33   #14
Veles
DUR HUR

Veles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakyb View Post

Don't think so, you agreed to the T&Cs and it wasn't hidden anywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fod View Post
spam gangsters might as well tap into all those machines for their zombie networks.
Veles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Apr 2010, 12:43   #15
eddtox
Homo Interneticus

eddtox has yet to learn the way of the Dremeleddtox has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This is just a (very good) publicity stunt to attract attention to the fact that people don't read the TC's. I doubt they ever had any intention of enforcing the clause seeing as the existence of said immortal soul is debatable and if it did exist it would probably an illegal clause.

In plain engrish, if instead of "immortal soul" they had said "car", they still wouldn't legally be able to enforce that clause, IMO.
Old 15th Apr 2010, 13:15   #16
Fizzl
Multimodder

Fizzl has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by tron View Post
Wizards don't even exist
Lies! You take that back right now!! :P
Fizzl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Apr 2010, 14:20   #17
xaser04
Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.
If terms an conditions were written in plain english and were the length of a decent novel more people would probably take the time to read them. Until then most people will simply ignore them assuming simple common sense would prevail if there was a problem.
xaser04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Apr 2010, 15:00   #18
rickysio
N900 | HJE900

rickysio has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by xaser04
If terms an conditions were written in plain english and were the length of a decent novel more people would probably take the time to read them. Until then most people will simply ignore them assuming simple common sense would prevail if there was a problem.
How many people actually possess a modicum of common sense?
rickysio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Apr 2010, 15:10   #19
Fizzban
Man of Many Typos

Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizzl View Post
Lies! You take that back right now!! :P
I like your name

To win the battle, is to be prepared to die - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFlames View Post
Asking to pick between the main parties is like asking which testicle you want to be kicked in, you're gonna get kicked the nuts whoever you pick... Just have to hope whoever you pick aren't wearing steelies...
Fizzban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Apr 2010, 16:23   #20
greigaitken
Supermodder

greigaitken has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
^^
i sense a forum romance starting
greigaitken is offline   Reply With Quote