bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Recreation > Gaming

Old 15th Apr 2010, 22:02   #1
bakerman34
Multimodder

bakerman34 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
5 desert island disks

this was on retro gamer years ago..

you are on a desert island and can only bring 5 games with you...name them???
bakerman34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Apr 2010, 22:46   #2
pimonserry
sounds like a party.

pimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
BFBC2

I'll think of the other 4 once I'm finished with that one

+REP ME FOR BEING WONDERFUL
pimonserry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Apr 2010, 22:57   #3
Krikkit
Super Moderator

Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.
Mass Effect 1 and 2, Fallout 3 (never played it but I imagine it's a game to be played 1000 times before you run out of stuff to do), Stalker: CS/SoC, complete HL2 collection (when it's out, inevitably including Portal 2 and HL1 etc).
Old 15th Apr 2010, 23:26   #4
line2008
What is this "dremel" you speak of?

line2008 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelline2008 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelline2008 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelline2008 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
GTA IV - GRID - BFBC2 - mass effect 2

and gotta have a router + cables so we can all play LAN :P
Old 15th Apr 2010, 23:44   #5
kenco_uk
I unsuccessfully then tried again

kenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyan
They'd have to be 5 sprawling sandbox games for me, just so I could spend hours/months/years farting about doing nothing. GTA4, Fallout3 and Burnout Paradise come to mind first off. Just Cause 2 maybe.
Old 16th Apr 2010, 01:41   #6
October
Mariachi Style

October is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Half Life 2 (including its "expansions"), Crysis, GTAIII, either Grid or Dirt and...possibly one of the newer Tomb Raiders. Actually scratch that - CoD2, still play it online mucho hours a week

Doesn't even matter if there's no internet, 1 disk lan cheesecake
Old 16th Apr 2010, 02:16   #7
Stewb
Hypermodder

Stewb has yet to learn the way of the DremelStewb has yet to learn the way of the DremelStewb has yet to learn the way of the DremelStewb has yet to learn the way of the DremelStewb has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krikkit View Post
Fallout 3
Personally I tired of it really quickly. Seemed like there were way fewer sidequests than Oblivion and also the setting wasn't as immersive IMO. I barely managed one playthrough before I put it down.

For me: BFBC2, Mass Effect 2, Oblivion, Halo 3 (), racing game to round it off, probably burnout paradise
Stewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2010, 09:04   #8
BentAnat
Software Dev

BentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for president
Forza 3, NeverWinter Nights with expansions (that's 3 discs), Slayer's South of Heaven CD... oh wait... a game... hmmm... Mass Effect
Old 16th Apr 2010, 09:21   #9
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Deus Ex
No One Lives Forever
Baldur's Gate 2
Hitman: Blood Money
GTA IV

...Or, wait - does an MMO count?

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2010, 10:04   #10
gavomatic57
I Mod, Therefore I Own

gavomatic57 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelgavomatic57 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Metal Gear Solid 4, Crysis, GTA4, Half Life 2, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SoC (with complete mod 2009)
gavomatic57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2010, 12:15   #11
Draksis
Code Monkey

Draksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for president
GTA 4, Assassin's Creed 2, Oblivion, Fallout 3 (both with their modding program), Mass Effect 2

yes, i'm a modder
Draksis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2010, 12:26   #12
LeMaltor
>^_^<

LeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the DremelLeMaltor has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Just give me some shade, some drinks, pretty babes and World of Warcraft lifetime sub
Old 16th Apr 2010, 12:27   #13
Journeyer
Mod Master

Journeyer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Journeyer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Journeyer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Journeyer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Journeyer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Journeyer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Journeyer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Journeyer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Journeyer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Journeyer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Journeyer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Hmm...

Oblivion (with all DLCs and modding app), Fallout 3 (with all DLCs and modding app), Dragon Age (with all DLCs and modding app), Mass Effect 2 and Neverwinter Nights with all expansions and modding app. Should leave me sorted for a while until I manage to construct a satellite TCP/IP link out of banana leafs and coconuts.

ASUS Sabertooth 990FX || FX-8150BE || 16Gb Corsair DDR3 1866Mhz || 2xGTX285 SLI || 2xOCZ Agility 3 120Gb RAID0 for OS
Journeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2010, 13:33   #14
Gunsmith
Maximum Win

Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.
Crysis, Motorhead, System Shock 2, Supreme Commander and open TTD as being stuck on a deserted island should give me enough time to figure out how bloody signals work :/
Gunsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2010, 13:47   #15
Pieface
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Pieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
A copy of steam, and mobile broadband. Therefore I can have as many games as I want.
Pieface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2010, 13:59   #16
Omnituens
Hypermodder

Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
PvZ
Front Mission 3
Pokemon (not a "disk" i know, but no where did it say pc only)
another OpenTTD vote to I can build more failtrains
diablo 2
Old 16th Apr 2010, 14:34   #17
line2008
What is this "dremel" you speak of?

line2008 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelline2008 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelline2008 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelline2008 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieface View Post
A copy of steam, and mobile broadband. Therefore I can have as many games as I want.
lol imagine how long it would take to download all them games on rubbish mobile broadband. i was using my mates the other day and took my about 25mins to fully open one of the pages on the demotivate thread
Old 16th Apr 2010, 15:14   #18
Pieface
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Pieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
Originally Posted by line2008 View Post
lol imagine how long it would take to download all them games on rubbish mobile broadband. i was using my mates the other day and took my about 25mins to fully open one of the pages on the demotivate thread
I wouldn't mind waiting if I was on a Desert Island, go for a swim for a while. Go grab some food.
Pieface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2010, 15:33   #19
sotu1
Ex-Modder

sotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
ooh good question...

Diablo 2 & lord of destruction
Battlefield 2

Not many other games I can swear to have spent so many hours on...
Old 16th Apr 2010, 15:58   #20
Chris_Waddle
Another World Cup let down

Chris_Waddle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Chris_Waddle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Chris_Waddle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Chris_Waddle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Chris_Waddle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Chris_Waddle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Chris_Waddle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Chris_Waddle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Chris_Waddle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Chris_Waddle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Chris_Waddle is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
BF:BC2 / GTA IV / Batman: Arkham Asylum / COD 4 / FM2010

As much as I love my shoot-em up's, I'd still need my fix of football in the week.
The only one I'd want to play on-line would be BC2.
Chris_Waddle is offline   Reply With Quote