bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 16th Apr 2010, 11:45   #1
Sifter3000
I used to be somebody

Sifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
G.Skill shows off 2,500MHz DDR3

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardwar...-500mhz-ddr3/1

My weblog is The Wired Jester.
Photos on Flickr.
Sifter3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2010, 11:59   #2
Mankz
________

Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.
Does anyone really care?
Mankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2010, 12:05   #3
do_it_anyway
Supermodder

do_it_anyway has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldo_it_anyway has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
My 1866MHz DDR3 was a stupid purchase. I can't utilise the speed because its linked to the bus of the processor, and I can't / won't take my processor from 133 (2.66GHz) to 186 (3.72GHz).
So its a waste. Wish I had gone for 1600.

Will I be interested in 2500Mhz?
No
do_it_anyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2010, 12:08   #4
Naberius
Multimodder

Naberius has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankz
Does anyone really care?
I do, I think its always good to see companies pushing the limits of what is possible. We wouldn't have got to where we are today if everybody just settled for 1600mhz for example.
Naberius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2010, 12:59   #5
flibblesan
Destroyer

flibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
Does anyone really care?
Not me.
flibblesan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2010, 13:02   #6
Otis1337
aka - Reaper

Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.
thing is....its on a green PCB ... something thats has flag ship speeds like that should not have GREEN PCB!
Old 16th Apr 2010, 13:09   #7
EvilMerc
Dew Addict

EvilMerc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.EvilMerc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.EvilMerc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.EvilMerc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.EvilMerc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.EvilMerc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.EvilMerc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.EvilMerc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.EvilMerc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.EvilMerc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.EvilMerc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
One emoticon to decribe my feelings: :/
EvilMerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2010, 14:16   #8
rickysio
N900 | HJE900

rickysio has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naberius
Quote:
Does anyone really care?
I do, I think its always good to see companies pushing the limits of what is possible. We wouldn't have got to where we are today if everybody just settled for 1600mhz for example.
No one really needs anything above 1600MHz. Only the benchmark pursuers require it, and they're anything BUT a mass market.
rickysio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Apr 2010, 07:06   #9
Tulatin
The Froggy Poster

Tulatin has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
To be fair, chipsets could eventually support this fast ass memory through the usage of multipliers. That said, memory bandwidth isn't as huge a deal as it used to be.
Tulatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Apr 2010, 09:41   #10
_Metal_Guitar_
Multimodder

_Metal_Guitar_ has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Does anyone really care?
This is kind of the place where you should care about things like this, being a PC tech site and all.
_Metal_Guitar_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Apr 2010, 16:46   #11
l3v1ck
really joined on Dec 24th 2004.

l3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'll be more interesed in DDR4 which is currently expected to arrive in 2012.
The old Dennis Forums (CPC, PC Pro, Mac User etc) - Meeting Place lives on. You're welcome to visit it HERE
l3v1ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Apr 2010, 19:47   #12
wafflesomd
I *am* a Dremel

wafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysis
Quote:
Does anyone really care?
It never appears to me that the speed of ram mattered that much, having more seems to be what matters.

I'd rather see larger capacity sticks for cheaper.
wafflesomd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Apr 2010, 23:35   #13
Elton
Proud Model M User

Elton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Agreed, larger and more dense RAM for cheaper over faster RAM anyday.

Of course that's due to the fact that latencies are starting to matter less and less.
Old 18th Apr 2010, 03:55   #14
MSHunter
Mod Master

MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.
god imagine a ram drive made out of those.....

PC Audio: AKG 271 mk II + Samson Go mic. + Asus Xonar D2X
Amp: DENON PMA510AE, Speakers: TANNOY MERCURY F1
MSHunter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Apr 2010, 09:30   #15
Pete J
RIP Kidmod

Pete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickysio View Post
No one really needs anything above 1600MHz. Only the benchmark pursuers require it, and they're anything BUT a mass market.
This.

As others have mentioned, I'd be interested in seeing affordable triple channel 4GB and 8GB RAM sticks.
Lian Li PC-P80B / EVGA X79 Dark / i7 4930K @ 4.2GHz (no HT) / Corsair H80i / 4x4GB Avexir Core Blue Series @ 2400MHz 10-12-12-31-2T / 3x SLI EVGA 3GB GTX 780 @1075MHz Core 7000MHz Memory / X-Fi Titanium Professional / 2 x 250GB Samsung 840 / 120GB Vertex 2 / 480GB Vertex 2 / 2TB WD Caviar Green / Silverstone Strider 1500W / Asus PQ321QE / Dell 3007WFP-HC / Headphones TBA / Logitech MK710 and MX3200 / Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 / Datacolor Spyder3 / Win 7 Ultimate x64 / Gigabyte P34G V2
Pete J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Apr 2010, 02:10   #16
woodshop
UnSeenly

woodshop has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
fastest retail memory
So, whats the fastest memory period then?
woodshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Apr 2010, 02:21   #17
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodshop View Post
So, whats the fastest memory period then?
3,300-odd last time I checked.
Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Apr 2010, 08:11   #18
Anfield
Hypermodder

Anfield is definitely a rep cheat.Anfield is definitely a rep cheat.Anfield is definitely a rep cheat.Anfield is definitely a rep cheat.Anfield is definitely a rep cheat.Anfield is definitely a rep cheat.Anfield is definitely a rep cheat.Anfield is definitely a rep cheat.Anfield is definitely a rep cheat.Anfield is definitely a rep cheat.Anfield is definitely a rep cheat.
Do I care? nah... I have a I7 920 and the IMC would blow up anyway if I would attempt to run ram anywhere near those speeds, 1600 7-7-7 is good enough for me.
Anyway, nice kit for those who try to get ram clock wrs, but for anything else? its meh at best.
Anfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Apr 2010, 12:45   #19
Unknownsock
Supermodder

Unknownsock has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Wow, look at all these encouraging comments.
This was a PC tech site last time i checked.
Unknownsock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Apr 2010, 15:07   #20
wafflesomd
I *am* a Dremel

wafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownsock
Wow, look at all these encouraging comments.
This was a PC tech site last time i checked.
And because it's a PC Tech site we have to have a positive outlook towards PC related news?
wafflesomd is offline   Reply With Quote