bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 19th Apr 2010, 10:54   #1
Sifter3000
I used to be somebody

Sifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
ECS is also making a mini-ITX H55 motherboard

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardwar...itx-h55-mobo/1

My weblog is The Wired Jester.
Photos on Flickr.
Sifter3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Apr 2010, 11:06   #2
amdavies
Minimodder

amdavies has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
It's nice to see this form factor being made mainstream.
Pre-Intel's D201GLY, the only consumer game in town was VIA who charged an arm and a leg for a woefully under-powered and under-supported range of products.
Now, in theory, you can build a perfectly adequate gaming machine in something not much bigger than the size of a shoebox (as opposed to the VIA solution, which had about the same power as a shoebox).
amdavies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Apr 2010, 11:09   #3
Lockon Stratos
I Will Snipe You!

Lockon Stratos has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
ugh.... ECS are the 'Foxconn' of old ages - I havent seen ECS come out with a decent board ever - the KN1 & KN2 were semi decent. they i think as a manufacturer they need to step back & re-evaluate their position - & either stick to making boards for OEMs such as dell & HP etc etc before trying to take on the mainstream market because there are similar boards that come with similar pricetags that are generally a lot better not just in performance, but build quality & Durability etc etc for that reason its hard to recommend ECS to anyone.
Lockon Stratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Apr 2010, 17:19   #4
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
I like this trend. I wouldn't mind seeing an 'extended ITX' format with more memory slots too. They might as well. The video cards will be hanging over that space anyway.
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Apr 2010, 10:59   #5
confusis
Kiwi-modder

confusis can run Crysisconfusis can run Crysisconfusis can run Crysisconfusis can run Crysisconfusis can run Crysisconfusis can run Crysisconfusis can run Crysisconfusis can run Crysisconfusis can run Crysisconfusis can run Crysis
I have an ECS 6100PM-M2 board, most reliable and stable board I've ever owned, only cost me NZ$89 brand new (Currently US$39.99 on newegg), and runs a 10% overclock 24/7. They're getting a LOT better than they used to be. I was hesitant buying it after reading ECS reviews but it was a good purchase. Only time will tell if their newer boards will be as good!
confusis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2010, 17:02   #6
1_legged_sheep
What's a Dremel?

1_legged_sheep has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I have the ECS H55H-I in a SG05 with an i3-530. It's a great board. Running the i3-530 @ 4.074ghz stable and cool.
1_legged_sheep is offline   Reply With Quote