bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 23rd Apr 2010, 09:59   #1
Sifter3000
I used to be somebody

Sifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Dead to Rights: Retribution Review

Does every pup have his day, or is Retribution a dog of a game? We fetch an opinion.

http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/xbox-...ution-review/1

My weblog is The Wired Jester.
Photos on Flickr.
Sifter3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Apr 2010, 12:51   #2
acron^
ePeen++;

acron^ has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Great review chaps; very fair.

I feel kinda obliged to comment, because I work at Volatile/Blitz Games and although I didn't work on DTR, pretty much everyone at the company was involved, emotionally at least. This was a massive experiment for the us and if you look at the back catalogue you'll see that this is certainly the largest game, in terms of scale, we've ever attempted really. That said, the team pulled it above and beyond Namco's expectations. I've never played the original but I understand there's quite a fan base and a lot effort went in to finding out which elements really appealed and what people would have liked to have been different; I believe the biggest example of this is the Shadow levels

So yeah, constructive criticism will be read and taken on board. I think the reviewer nailed it really. The end product is a game which is terribly fun to play, especially with a few mates. Nothing revolutionary but plenty of "Wow, that was cool" moments.
acron^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Apr 2010, 18:20   #3
Blackie Chan
Multimodder

Blackie Chan has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
"massive warhound"'s "crotch ripping attacks"! LOL I might have to look at this game. Thanks!
Blackie Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Apr 2010, 20:44   #4
Fizzban
Man of Many Typos

Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.
The under-age kiddies who shouldn't even be playing it will lap it up. For me though the game has failed at the first hurdle by not being out on PC. Maybe that's in the pipelines but I can't be arsed to look it up.

Good review though.

To win the battle, is to be prepared to die - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFlames View Post
Asking to pick between the main parties is like asking which testicle you want to be kicked in, you're gonna get kicked the nuts whoever you pick... Just have to hope whoever you pick aren't wearing steelies...
Fizzban is offline   Reply With Quote