bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 15th Jan 2011, 12:32   #181
Hannes
Design | Art | Performance

Hannes has yet to learn the way of the DremelHannes has yet to learn the way of the DremelHannes has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This sure is different and greatly executed! :-D
Hannes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jan 2011, 12:09   #182
BLUEHORSESTUDIOS
I haven't lost a finger yet!

BLUEHORSESTUDIOS should be considered for presidentBLUEHORSESTUDIOS should be considered for presidentBLUEHORSESTUDIOS should be considered for presidentBLUEHORSESTUDIOS should be considered for presidentBLUEHORSESTUDIOS should be considered for presidentBLUEHORSESTUDIOS should be considered for presidentBLUEHORSESTUDIOS should be considered for presidentBLUEHORSESTUDIOS should be considered for presidentBLUEHORSESTUDIOS should be considered for presidentBLUEHORSESTUDIOS should be considered for presidentBLUEHORSESTUDIOS should be considered for president
Thanks everyone,
Ya the front panel redesign was a must, and I needed to do it now before I continued the roof line any further. The detail and modular design in the new panel is far beyond what I originally created.I really want to hit the home stretch on this soon, but Im finding it hard to get enough hours in on this.
BLUEHORSESTUDIOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jan 2011, 10:18   #183
LooseNeutral
this Avatar stays till I get bored

LooseNeutral has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
How old are you really...lol.... see cause back in the day peeps like you built the stuff for movies and still do... though it mostly gets scanned and turn over to a digital artist and... well... Glad to hear from you, and this is as wild as it comes. "This is a PC build!", I have to remind myself. You sure you don't do some work for hollywood. You do live in what's called lil hollywood here in certain circles.
LooseNeutral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Jan 2011, 08:14   #184
TehKrak3n
Multimodder

TehKrak3n has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
First saw this on youtube - brilliant work
TehKrak3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jan 2011, 14:28   #185
BLUEHORSESTUDIOS

BLUEHORSESTUDIOS should be considered for presidentBLUEHORSESTUDIOS should be considered for presidentBLUEHORSESTUDIOS should be considered for presidentBLUEHORSESTUDIOS should be considered for presidentBLUEHORSESTUDIOS should be considered for presidentBLUEHORSESTUDIOS should be considered for presidentBLUEHORSESTUDIOS should be considered for presidentBLUEHORSESTUDIOS should be considered for presidentBLUEHORSESTUDIOS should be considered for presidentBLUEHORSESTUDIOS should be considered for presidentBLUEHORSESTUDIOS should be considered for president

Blue Horse Studios is proudly sponsored
BY

http://mnpctech.com

This week I got started on the mini control panels that will go inside the door frame on the front entrance.
I built 3 different designs of this and settled on the ones in the following pics, It took a total of 3 days from first design to completion.

The material that I used in this updateare listed here:

00.60mm polystyrene
00.40mm polystyrene
Weld-on solvent glue
CA gape filling glue
Mitre Box, hobby knife and blades, size 11
Various small model kits
LEDs
150 grit sandpaper
Iwata airbrush
Tamiya Paints and thinner

Lets get Started

I"ll be using these small control panels from a Star Wars model kit to simulate my door controls.

I use clear acrylic for the lens and glass panel.

I'll be using this vinyl control panel printout to go inside the small open area of the control panel,Ill then backlight it with a white LED.

After several different designs, I decide on these then procide to add my first coats of grey primer.

I've removed the small glass panels to protect them from any paint and scratches.

In this shot you can see the small electrical conduit lines that will be added to the panels in a later step.

In these following shots I've added paint graphics. rivet holes and the first layers of weathering.

Now I start the construction of the back panels and the housing for the LEDs.
Even though this part wont be visible once the panel goes on, I still want to make it as detailed as the front.

In these final shots you can see the panels illuminated and the finished paint job. The small round cylinders you see next to the control panel are going to be for the overhead lighting in the door frame. I'll drop 3 LEDs down inside to illuminate the entire entrance.

In my next update I"ll be finishing up the interior door frame, overhead lighting and start the construcion of the outer walls of the main entrance. I"ll have to wait until I finish the main entrance before I can move onto my windows.

Until then..

Stay Inspired and Keep Creating!!
[/CENTER]
Old 23rd Jan 2011, 15:01   #186
Reverse
Reverse/srvR

Reverse has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
That is simply amazing. Have not seen a level of detail on a casemod for quite some time!
Old 23rd Jan 2011, 15:18   #187
Raiden
Portuguese reviewer

Raiden has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Loving it
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jan 2011, 06:09   #188
Nutman
Never stuck with stock@Hotmods.net

Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I wasn't sure for a while, but I think we're up for a very close competitor for the Doom3 casemod by CrimsonSky:

http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/f...thread.php?t=1

Keep on modding and let's see if you'll get there or even surpass that one. Would be awesome.

Project: Nutman - Sponsored by: Coolerkit - Specialtech - EK Waterblocks
Nutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jan 2011, 06:10   #189
Nutman

Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Hey, and I like the looks of your workshop.
Could we have some better shots of it?

Old 24th Jan 2011, 06:33   #190
Volund
Am I supposed to care?

Volund can run CrysisVolund can run CrysisVolund can run CrysisVolund can run CrysisVolund can run CrysisVolund can run CrysisVolund can run CrysisVolund can run CrysisVolund can run CrysisVolund can run Crysis

seriously, amazing work as always can't wait to see it all put together and finished

If you believe in GLaDOS and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig
Volund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jan 2011, 15:08   #191
BLUEHORSESTUDIOS

Sure thing NutMan, dirty or clean?
My workshop is the 800 sq ft basement of my home,all the space I really need.
I'd like to add some professional lighting and other things but for now it's perfect for the modding , paintings and other hobbies. I'll get some pics posted for you in my next update.

I just want to give a special thanks to all the staff here at bit-tech for allowing all of us to share our builds in this great community. A very special thanks to all my fellow modders for you inspiration and support. And to Bill Owen of mnpctech for giving me his support with materials and sponsorship.
Old 19th Feb 2011, 23:30   #192
BLUEHORSESTUDIOS

]

by

http://mnpctech.com

casemodblog.com

http://casemodblog.com

http://themodbrothers.com

On todays update Im going to finsh up the interior door frame, control panels and light bracket.Part 11 of the video worklogs will also be included at the end of todays post.

The materials that I'll be using in todays build are:

00.60mm polystyrene
00.40mm polystyrene
Weld-on solvent glue
CA gape filling glue
Mitre Box, hobby knife and blades, size 11
Various small model kits
LEDs
150 grit sandpaper
Iwata airbrush
Tamiya Paints and thinner

Lets get Started !!

NutMan requested some shots of my workbench and studio and the following pics show the 800sq ft studio I work out of.

I have another area of this space for my paintings, computer graphics and modeling.

Now onto the build

These small cylinders will hold my LEDs, I'll build a bracket for them and install above the door frame.

I'll add some small hollow round tubing to the tops to hide all the wires

I built this small bracket out of 00.40mm styrene to hold my cylinders

In this shot you can see where the cylinders will go.

After doing about 5 different paint schemes on these little guys I finally decide on one that I like.
Im doing a dry fit in this shot before applying paint to the bracket.

Looking down thru the tubing you can see where I'll run my wires to power the LEDs

In this shot I'm dryfitting the bracket into place.

Now with all the painting completed I can install the bracket and power the system.

In my next update I'll move the the exterior of the case and begin to build out the doorway and all the panel details

You can watch this entire build process in my latest video installment.

Until next time

Stay Inspired and Keep Creating!!!
Old 20th Feb 2011, 00:45   #193
Nutman

SO nice and a very, very nice workshop - thanks for the pics. I had forgotten all about asking for those.

Old 20th Feb 2011, 06:18   #194
NavidsonRecord
Where the bloody hell are ya'?

NavidsonRecord has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
sexy project! so much time spent but its so worth the end result! Well done mate!

|| ASUS Rampage 3 Extreme, Intel i7 950, 3x2GB Corsair DDR3-2000Mhz, AMD Radeon 5870 1GB ||
|| Patriot Inferno 120GB SandForce SSD 2x Western Digital 640Gb raid 0, Western Digital 1Tb ||
|| Apple MacBook Pro 13" Aluminium ||
NavidsonRecord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Feb 2011, 05:34   #195
LooseNeutral
this Avatar stays till I get bored

LooseNeutral has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Totally blown away my friend. sorry I took so long to reply. Bass Pale Ale light = bonus Film studios up your way should look you up for some model set work. Your video work is much improved too, Title is awesome, audio nice and clean, editing...wow
LooseNeutral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Feb 2011, 10:02   #196
BLUEHORSESTUDIOS

Thanks everyone your support and wonderful comments.

Loose N. .. Now that I'm shooting in full HD I need a faster Pc to render the frame quicker.. Dang the luck
Old 25th Feb 2011, 10:46   #197
DeadP1xels
Music Enthusiast

DeadP1xels - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!DeadP1xels - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!DeadP1xels - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!DeadP1xels - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!DeadP1xels - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!DeadP1xels - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!DeadP1xels - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!DeadP1xels - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!DeadP1xels - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!DeadP1xels - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!DeadP1xels - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Not enough recognition i forgot to post earlier!"

Amazing work Ron i really love how the structures are evolving this is going to so full of details and parts by the end of it you'll be to busy looking at it to add a monitor to it!

Even the smallest structures you put massive effort it to making perfect im not sure how you have the patience!!

Great work mate
-DP
[i7-4700K][Asus Maximus VI Hero][H100i][R9 270X][HyperX Beast 32GB 2400mhz][NI KORE][1TB WD Caviar Black][Corsair 450W VS][Cosmos SE][Razer Abyssus][Microsoft Reclusa][Samsung S27C450B][Behringer B1031A][Shure SE215]
DeadP1xels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Apr 2011, 07:21   #198
BLUEHORSESTUDIOS

by

mnpctech.com

On todays update Im going to start the construction of the front entrance.
Im getting closer to finishing up this build and already have the next project on the bench.

The materials that we'll be using are:
00.40mm styrene
00.60mm styrene
Weld-On solvent
CA glue
Model pieces from various kits
LEDs
X-acto blade and Mitre box
150 grit sandpaper
Iwata Airbrush
Tamiya acyrlics

Lets get started!!

I started off by cutting down some 00.40mm strip styrene for my outer door frame. I then added scrib lines using my scriber and drlled rivets using my dremel.

I layed down my first coats of paint then began added my weathering effect.

I finished of the panels with some dusting powders and a drybrush finish.

Now I've added my panels to the outer door frame and some model pieces for some extra detail.
I used some 22gauge wire to simulate cable conduit.

And in this shot I added a small graphic to the outer door frame.

Using my technical drawing, Ill begin constuction of the main entrance.

I cut out my first piece and do a visual line to see how it all lines up.I'll use this piece as a stencil to cut out the remaining 3 supports.

Now I'll begin adding the supports together , scrib in my panel lines and drill in my rivets.

Now I started adding the roof panels, side supports, horizontal stabilizer,and various model pieces.

I leave a cut out open under the roof panel to install a lighting system.

I'll install 4 red leds into these small fixtures.

Here I've added more model pieces and my satellite cables.

Just finishing up the raw construction with some putty, and finish sanding, then I can move onto added some paint and graphics.

Just lining up a dry fit before proceeding.

Now the first coats of primer. I'll make a total of two passes spraying at 27psi using my iwata HP-CS airbrush.

I take my time with this step and making sure every surface is covered and drys compelety between each coat.

First coat complete!

Now the second coat.

With the primers coats completed, I can start adding my first shadow layers,preshading, highlights and weathering effects.

I start by adding german grey and rust to all the corners and deep reseces.

I then build my first layers of shadows.

Highlights and more graphics.

Here you can see the LED panel illuminated.

The red glow looks great against the german grey walls.

Now with the front entance complete ,I can get started on the windows and other wall details.

In my next update we'll finish up the front panel, attach it to the two side panels we already constructed then the back i/o panel then finish this build by completing the roof.

Im still undecided on what hardware I'll be using but have narrowed it down to a few different configs.

Heres the latest installment of my video worklogs and a preview of whats coming up after the Biohazard build.

Biohazard Computer Case Mod Part 11-B

Project Deep Horizon Preview

Until next time..

Stay Inspired and Keep Creating!!

Last edited by BLUEHORSESTUDIOS; 11th Apr 2011 at 07:27.
Old 11th Apr 2011, 09:06   #199
[ZiiP] NaloaC
I Mod, Therefore I Own

[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
As much as I absolutely adore Attilas insane skills with a file and in the ming boggling designs and perfectionist workmanship.... BlueHorseStudio, you are guaranteed my MOTY vote for this build if it's finished this year.

The depth of detail that you are putting into it is incredible, kudos to you sir.
Sui Generis: i7 920, Corsair H50, 6GB Dominator C7 1600, EVGA x58 SLI LE, Corsair F3 120GB SSD & Samsung EVO 250GB SSD, Samsung F3 1TB x 2, Sapphire R9 290, Corsair HX850W, Corsair Obsidian 800D, Iiyama 26" Prolite, Logitech G15, Logitech G5, Sennheiser PC350.
[ZiiP] NaloaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Apr 2011, 09:09   #200
Sn00k3r
Modder

Sn00k3r has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
i'm watching this Mod a few Months now and it's gonna be better and better
Sn00k3r is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode