bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Technology > Hardware

Old 2nd May 2010, 14:10   #1
Dark Matter
Supermodder

Dark Matter is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dark Matter is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dark Matter is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dark Matter is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dark Matter is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dark Matter is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dark Matter is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dark Matter is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dark Matter is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dark Matter is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dark Matter is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
How to Remove/unclip a SATA Cable

How do I remove/unclip a SATA Cable From my motherboard or an HDD?

I didn't want to do this without checking first, I know "carefully" but is there a specific technique or part of the connector that is pressed?

Thanks
Dark Matter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2010, 14:26   #2
mkb
Supermodder

mkb has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
just pull it off if it doesnt have a clip, if it does press the clip mechanism down and remove it
mkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2010, 14:33   #3
Cupboard
I'm not a modder.

Cupboard has yet to learn the way of the DremelCupboard has yet to learn the way of the DremelCupboard has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
if it is one with a clip, hold the clip release down and pull. If it doesn't have a clip, just pull.

They should come out pretty easily
Old 2nd May 2010, 14:34   #4
Unicorn
Uniform November India

Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.
Before you get flamed for this, I'll alswer the question for you.

There are two types of SATA connector, a locking type and a non-locking type. The locking connectors have a small metal clip on the top of the connector itself. If it's one of these, you need to press the clip down and pull the connector straight out. Like I said, the clip is attached to the connector on the cable itself, so that comes with the connector when you pull it. Don't frek out and think you've broken it because you assumed the metal part was connected to the motherboard or hard drive!

If the connector does not have a metal clip on it, then you just need to pull it straight out of the board or hard drive. They just "click" into place, and only go in or come out one way, so don't be afraid of it... just pull it out straight and gently.

[edit]

Ninja'd

"For every stalwart bit-tech-worthy tech out there, another 2 cretinous arse-scratchers are out there pulling your patches and reconfiguring your ****." - Krikkit
Unicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2010, 14:44   #5
DK63
Resident magpie

DK63 is definitely a rep cheat.DK63 is definitely a rep cheat.DK63 is definitely a rep cheat.DK63 is definitely a rep cheat.DK63 is definitely a rep cheat.DK63 is definitely a rep cheat.DK63 is definitely a rep cheat.DK63 is definitely a rep cheat.DK63 is definitely a rep cheat.DK63 is definitely a rep cheat.DK63 is definitely a rep cheat.
Unless you have a latching cable, you just pull it off the connector. Sata is supposed to be hot swappable, but personally I'd rather turn the power off first.
Old 2nd May 2010, 14:45   #6
DK63
Resident magpie

DK63 is definitely a rep cheat.DK63 is definitely a rep cheat.DK63 is definitely a rep cheat.DK63 is definitely a rep cheat.DK63 is definitely a rep cheat.DK63 is definitely a rep cheat.DK63 is definitely a rep cheat.DK63 is definitely a rep cheat.DK63 is definitely a rep cheat.DK63 is definitely a rep cheat.DK63 is definitely a rep cheat.
Took too long to type, obviously, as there were no replies when I started! lol
Old 2nd May 2010, 14:55   #7
Dark Matter
Supermodder

Dark Matter is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dark Matter is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dark Matter is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dark Matter is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dark Matter is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dark Matter is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dark Matter is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dark Matter is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dark Matter is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dark Matter is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dark Matter is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Thanks for the answers

Case closed
Dark Matter is offline   Reply With Quote