bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 6th May 2010, 13:08   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Four Men, a Robot and a Volcano

http://www.bit-tech.net/blog/2010/05...and-a-volcano/
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2010, 13:28   #2
Mitcian
Multimodder

Mitcian has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I wish Virgin Media would fix my internet or rather connect up my house, after 6 months of billing me.

Good story, and I'm sure there are many more out there with similar experiences, I for one.
Mitcian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2010, 13:34   #3
WildThing
Hypermodder

WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
That sounds like quite an ordeal! Next time, take me, I used to live there!
Asus P8P67 PRO ¦ Intel i5 2500K @ 4.4GHz ¦ Titan Fenrir ¦ XFX 6950 @ 6970 ¦ 2x4GB Corsair DDR3 1600MHz ¦ 2x Crucial C300 128GB (OS + Games) ¦ Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB ¦ Auzentech XFI-Prelude + Creative T7700 7.1¦ Enermax Liberty 500W ¦ Corsair 650D case ¦ HP 24" LP2475W ¦ Win7 x64
WildThing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2010, 13:43   #4
Nedsbeds
Badger, Slime, Weasel!!

Nedsbeds is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nedsbeds is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nedsbeds is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nedsbeds is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nedsbeds is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nedsbeds is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nedsbeds is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nedsbeds is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nedsbeds is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nedsbeds is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nedsbeds is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
That's a pretty impressive android!
Nedsbeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2010, 14:31   #5
Jamie
ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Jamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Robothespian reminds me of Pob
Old 6th May 2010, 15:07   #6
capnPedro
Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.capnPedro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Four Yorkshire men and a volcano

Pansies. Oh we used to dream of hirin' a car! Would ha' been a limo to us. We used to cycle 2000km to get home. Every week!

Well, when I say 'cycle', I mean walk an' have to carry a rusty bicycle but it was cyclin' to us.

That was a luxury, of course, most weeks we 'ad to crawl over broken glass.

And you try and tell the young people of today that ..... they won't believe you.

etc. etc.

I <3 Aquatuning & Enermax long time!
capnPedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2010, 15:43   #7
Arj12
Multimodder

Arj12 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Sounds like quite an adventure you have had! Mind you rail business will have made a killing in the air space closer by the looks of things!
Arj12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2010, 15:52   #8
salesman
Multimodder

salesman has yet to learn the way of the Dremelsalesman has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnPedro
Pansies. Oh we used to dream of hirin' a car! Would ha' been a limo to us. We used to cycle 2000km to get home. Every week!

Well, when I say 'cycle', I mean walk an' have to carry a rusty bicycle but it was cyclin' to us.

That was a luxury, of course, most weeks we 'ad to crawl over broken glass.

And you try and tell the young people of today that ..... they won't believe you.

etc. etc.
Yeah, I don't believe you
E8400 3.0GHz | ASRock P45X3 Deluxe | EVGA 570 GTX | 8 GB GSkill memory | Crucial M4 64GB Boot Drive | 3x Samsung F3 1TB Raid 0 | 2x Samsung F4EG 1.5TB Raid 0 | Corsair AX750 PSU | Noctua NH-U12P | Antec P180 | M-Audio Audiophile 192 | Marantz PM5004 | Cambridge Soundworks Speakers | Duckey Shine | Dell U2410 |
salesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2010, 17:24   #9
TSR2
Multimodder

TSR2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Why not let the robot drive or carry you home or something?
TSR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2010, 18:15   #10
theevilelephant
Ultramodder

theevilelephant can run Crysistheevilelephant can run Crysistheevilelephant can run Crysistheevilelephant can run Crysistheevilelephant can run Crysistheevilelephant can run Crysistheevilelephant can run Crysistheevilelephant can run Crysis
Good story, it's easy to forget how reliant we are on air travel/freight. I have to say I've developed a strong hate for robothespian, it may have had something to do with being forced to listen to it "sing" the hills are alive with the sound of music for four days at manchester science fair.
theevilelephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2010, 19:38   #11
Combatus
Custom PC/bit-tech modding sections

Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR2
Why not let the robot drive or carry you home or something?
I did think of that - maybe it could have carried us or at least pushed the hire car so we didn't have to pay petrol. Where's the T-800 when you need it!?
Is the res loud, like, constantly making you need a piss loud?
Combatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2010, 01:22   #12
Burdman27911
Modder

Burdman27911 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Nice read, and glad to hear you made it home. I'm currently sitting in the airport in Seoul, Korea on my way back to the USA; I have no idea how I could make this trip without flying! It's good that other means are still an option over on the otherside of the pond.
Burdman27911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2010, 11:54   #13
Xir
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
car hire was out of the question as I didn't have my counterpart licence.
For a non UK residential....Your what license?
X1800XT 512mb Sapphire
200GB Samsung SP2004C 24" Asus something 1920x1080
Xir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2010, 12:16   #14
Combatus

Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.
We have a photo ID card and also a paper counterpart (the latter being a big bit of paper that most people keep at home or in their cars).
Old 7th May 2010, 14:22   #15
Xir
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.
and the photo-ID one doesn't suffice to rent a car?
Do spanish people even KNOW you have two parts?
X1800XT 512mb Sapphire
200GB Samsung SP2004C 24" Asus something 1920x1080
Xir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2010, 16:46   #16
Combatus

I phoned them and they said as I'm from the UK I would need both parts and this was the same story from several companies.

As I've hired cars abroad before albeit a few years ago, I knew you needed both parts but thought they might be able to make an exception or at least phone the DVLA (agency that issues them here) like you can get them to do if you're hiring in the UK and don't have the counterpart.
Old 7th May 2010, 17:17   #17
Jamie
ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Jamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I've never needed the paper counterpart when hiring a car abroad.
Old 7th May 2010, 21:22   #18
Fizzban
Man of Many Typos

Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitcian View Post
I wish Virgin Media would fix my internet or rather connect up my house, after 6 months of billing me.

Good story, and I'm sure there are many more out there with similar experiences, I for one.
http://community.virginmedia.com/

Go there and complain, if you haven't already.

To win the battle, is to be prepared to die - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFlames View Post
Asking to pick between the main parties is like asking which testicle you want to be kicked in, you're gonna get kicked the nuts whoever you pick... Just have to hope whoever you pick aren't wearing steelies...
Fizzban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2010, 13:34   #19
phinix
Say it! Who's your dremel?!

phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.
Hi Antony! I know return trip was a nightmare, but I think it was worth it - I could meet you in person and all the guys !
I want to see that ITV footage with you in it !!!
star citizen :::
ARBITER: Origin Jumpworks 325A LTI
phinix is offline   Reply With Quote