bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Modding

Old 6th May 2010, 15:11   #1
gcwebbyuk
Dib Dabbler

gcwebbyuk is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.gcwebbyuk is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.gcwebbyuk is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.gcwebbyuk is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.gcwebbyuk is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.gcwebbyuk is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.gcwebbyuk is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.gcwebbyuk is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.gcwebbyuk is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.gcwebbyuk is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.gcwebbyuk is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
CM690 II and Zalman Reserator 1 V2

Not totally sure if this is in the right section, but wanted to see what people thought of my current build.

It started out as a Phenom 965C2 build in a small Coolermaster Elite case. It was air cooled and I tried to keep it as quiet as possible.

As you can see from the first pic here, it was quite tight in the case with a Zalman CNPS10x Quiet cooler, and also the fact the cooler blocked 2 of the RAM modules:

I then swapped to a Zalman CNPS9900 NT cooler to allow me to use the other two RAM sockets:

I was running a Zalman GV1000 GPU cooler which was important as the Gigabyte/Zalman cooler was at 100% fan speed all the time and only had a 2pin fan connector

I then started playing around with moving fans around and adding more to keep temps down:

But then decided that the case was too small, so moved onto a CM690-II Advanced...

My Flickr Photostream
gcwebbyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2010, 15:18   #2
gcwebbyuk
Dib Dabbler

gcwebbyuk is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.gcwebbyuk is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.gcwebbyuk is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.gcwebbyuk is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.gcwebbyuk is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.gcwebbyuk is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.gcwebbyuk is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.gcwebbyuk is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.gcwebbyuk is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.gcwebbyuk is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.gcwebbyuk is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
This image shows the build with a CNPS 10x Flex fan with an S-Flex E and a Kaze Slim fan attached:

Also my attemps at braided cables, and the 2 Scythe Quiet Drives for my mechanical drives:

I also then modded the Zalman cooler with two Scythe 92mm GTs to try and make the GV1000 even quieter:

However after spending a lot of time messing about with fans I bit the bullet and decided to go watercooled with the Zalman Reserator:

This was OK, but temps were a little off perfect, so I added an XSPC RX240 radiator too:

And as you can see from here, my final temps aren't too shabby after a 12 hour Prime95 run:

The case now has 5 S-Flex E fans all running at 630rpm:
2 on the XSPC as intake (in the photo they are GTs, but I changed them to S-Flexs as wasn't keen on the noise of the GTs.
1 on the rear as exhaust
2 on the top as exhaust

I welcome your thoughts!

My Flickr Photostream

Last edited by gcwebbyuk; 6th May 2010 at 16:50.
Old 7th May 2010, 21:54   #3
gcwebbyuk
Dib Dabbler

Full System Spec:
AMD Phenom 965 C2 - 140TDP Version
Gigabyte 790XTA-UD4 F3f BIOS
8GB Corsair XMS3 1600MHz 8/8/8/24
1 x 80GB Intel X-25-M SSD (OS: Windows 7 64bit)
2 x 1TB Samsung EcoGreens in Scythe QuietDrives (Data and Backup)
Gigabyte ATI HD4870 1GB - soon to be replaced with an Asus 5770 1GB
Asus Essence STX - Logitech X230 Speakers / Grado SR80i Headphones
Coolermaster CM690-II Advanced case
Corsair HX620W PSU
Zalman Resorator Watercooling kit
XSPC RX240 Radiator
5x Scythe S-Flex E fans running at 630rpm
Saitek Eclipse II keyboard & Cyborg V3 Mouse

My Flickr Photostream

Last edited by gcwebbyuk; 10th May 2010 at 22:31.
Old 10th May 2010, 22:32   #4
gcwebbyuk
Dib Dabbler

New additions arriving soon:
Asus 5770 - arriving Wednesday
Aquatuning goodie bundle in white!

In due course:
Some better speakers possibly...

My Flickr Photostream
Old 15th May 2010, 00:30   #5
gcwebbyuk
Dib Dabbler

My Flickr Photostream
Old 15th May 2010, 00:31   #6
gcwebbyuk
Dib Dabbler

My resorator looks bent

My Flickr Photostream
Old 9th Jun 2010, 16:13   #7
gcwebbyuk
Dib Dabbler

My Flickr Photostream
Old 29th Jun 2010, 14:55   #8
lmth
What's a Dremel?

lmth has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
It must be a very expensive project.
lmth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Jun 2010, 18:28   #9
gcwebbyuk
Dib Dabbler

It wasn't so much a project - and not really a mod - just didn't know the best place to show some pics.

Slight change from the last pic - I now have AudioEngine A2 speakers instead of the M-Audio AV20s - went through 3 sets, they all hummed and all were off balance. The A2s are amazing!

I have also now re-used the old case, bought a MB/CPU/RAM kit off of FantasticDan on here, and a Corsair CX400 PSU, used my CNPS10x Flex as a cooler, and the Phobya fan I won on the AquaTuning comp and made a Silent Server too

My Flickr Photostream

View Mode