1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Remedy: Alan Wake 2 is a possibility

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 10 May 2010.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. GiantStickMan

GiantStickMan What's a Dremel?

I'd rather them not jump the gun and just port it to the PC like they planned to all along first... but that's just me.

3. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Whatever, go and get the Max Payne 3 project back from Rockstar before it's too late.

4. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

I'm curious, when a game is in development for as long as Alan Wake was - how many copies does it have to sell before it's profitable?

5. zimbloggy

zimbloggy Genius Extraordinaire

I predict the sequel will be set to release in 2012 for the 360 -- then they will delay it to 2014. By that time, they will decide to simultaneously release it for the PS4 and the Xbox 720 - but wait! The game is just too intimately built to the PS4, so it's goodbye xbox, and hello ps4 exclusive.

UrbanMarine likes this.
  6. UrbanMarine

UrbanMarine Government Prostitute

^ lol...yep sounds about right.

7. mastorofpuppetz

mastorofpuppetz What's a Dremel?

The game is pretty dissappointing after 5 years, and what they originally planned it to be. I blame MS for this TBH, they are desperate for more exclusives as the PS3 has gained momentum and has been outselling the 360 year over year WW for quite awhile now.

8. kornedbeefy

kornedbeefy What's a Dremel?

PC version or you don't get a dime from me Remedy. Yes I do have a 360 but I don't support PC devs/pub who for whatever reason decide not to develop their newer titles for PC.

9. crazyceo

crazyceo What's a Dremel?

XBOX 360 WW Sold 32,517,864
    PS3 WW Sold 25,099,219
    Wii WW Sold 52,590,198

Where did you get your figures from since the above accurate count puts it some 7,500,000 short?

10. DiegoAAC

DiegoAAC What's a Dremel?

@mastorofpuppetz: I agree, AW might have been a great game in 2007-2008, but after 5+ years of development it just fells like Max Payne meets the Secret Window with boring and predictable zomb-enemies, an annoying sidekick, low quality textures (damn you xbox) and an ending made just to sell DLC. Its so bad that I expect Max Payne: Samba Tragedy to be a better game.

11. mastorofpuppetz

HUH? LMAo 25 million, are those over a year old, i should ask you where you got those terribly outdated figures.

http://www.vgchartz.com/

The PS3 went from 8 million behind to 4, and it keeps shrinking. Week on week checkl this site, PS3 gains every single week, and even at times in MS home territory the US, depending on the week. Europe and Japan are no contest for Sony right now and have been for ages.

Only a matter of time before the PS3 surpasses the 360. If you factor in the 1 year head start, the PS3 has outsold the 360 in the same timeframe, despite being more expensive.

you understand the difference between week on week versus overall right? 360 is ahead (Thanks to a 1 year head start and Sony screwing up the PS3 launch) but losing weekly, the PS3 is catching up.

12. Santa-san

Santa-san A friendly person

I hope one will get better guns in this sequel >.<

13. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

I just hope they don't take as long as they did with the original, if they make the sequel. I might be dead before then!

14. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

Still waiting on the PC release (yes, I said "the") along with the rest of my peers.... I'm not going to purchase an entire console just for one game especially one that didn't get the stellar reviews that everyone expected it to get. I've got my new rig at home just waiting for it.

15. crazyceo

crazyceo What's a Dremel?

Well you better go and pick that ass back up and read this:-

http://nexgenwars.com

Both your precious PS3 and Xbox 360 are STILL getting their ass whipped by the god that is the Wii.

16. Krayzie_B.o.n.e.

Krayzie_B.o.n.e. What's a Dremel?

If Micro$uck want to make their money back they will release a PC version and Alan Wait 2 will be the open world version it was originally supposed to be on PC. 360 owners only care about Halo just review the Mass Effect 2 numbers for proof.

17. mastorofpuppetz

Never once mentioned the Wii, I said 360, we all know captn obvious the crap wii is selling to soccer moms all over the world, point? The Wii is a perfect example of sales not equaling quality, but thanks for the obvious tid bit that is totally irrelevant to what i said.

But eh, if your actually not a gamer the Wii may be your little toy that no one buys games for.

Tags: Add Tags