bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 12th May 2010, 11:23   #1
Lizard
@ Scan R&D

Lizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run Crysis
NZXT Hades Case Review

Is this sub-£60 case a bargain or a box of fail?

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cas...-case-review/1
Lizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2010, 11:41   #2
rickysio
N900 | HJE900

rickysio has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
If you flip the fan around (aka Mesh inside case, fan outside), wouldn't it work?
rickysio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2010, 11:52   #3
crazyceo
Banned

crazyceo has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
AAARRRRGGGHHHHHH!!!! Burn it!! Send it back to Hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As Arnie once said "You're one ugly Mother Hubbard!"
crazyceo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2010, 11:53   #4
DeathAwaitsU
I'm Back :D

DeathAwaitsU has yet to learn the way of the DremelDeathAwaitsU has yet to learn the way of the DremelDeathAwaitsU has yet to learn the way of the DremelDeathAwaitsU has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Looks like a good base for modding tho
Old 12th May 2010, 11:58   #5
Jack_Pepsi
Clan BeeR Founder

Jack_Pepsi has yet to learn the way of the DremelJack_Pepsi has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Another company I'll add to my disgusting cases list.

Seriously, have all these case designers been smacked about?
During the rectification of the Vuldronaii the Traveler came as a large, moving Torb. Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the Meketrex supplicants they chose a new form for him—that of a giant Sloar. Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day, I can tell you.
Jack_Pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2010, 12:00   #6
Combatus
Custom PC/bit-tech modding sections

Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickysio
If you flip the fan around (aka Mesh inside case, fan outside), wouldn't it work?
No because A) the fan blades would be exposed which isn't a good idea as it's a bit of a monster (but hey they're your fingers ) and B) the panel and mesh aren't flat, they're shaped so would be pretty hap-hazard at best - you'd probably need to bend the mounting holes on the mesh. In addition you'd need to find some way to get the power cable of the fan inside the case but I guess you could just thread it through the side panel hole.
Is the res loud, like, constantly making you need a piss loud?
Combatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2010, 12:09   #7
shah
Hypermodder

shah is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.shah is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.shah is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.shah is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.shah is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.shah is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.shah is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.shah is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.shah is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.shah is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.shah is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
fugly....
Old 12th May 2010, 12:12   #8
mkb
Supermodder

mkb has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
How is it possible that a company like this mass marketing a product can make such fundemental mistakes that compromise the integrity of the case altogether. Are the designers fresh out of GCSE's?! The mind boggles.
i5 2500k | MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) | 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz | MSI GTX 680 2GB | Corsair HX 650W | 120GB Vertex 3 | 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 | Fractal Design R2 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Advanced | Dell SP2309W | Sound Blaster Arena Surround Headset
mkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2010, 12:18   #9
Phalanx
Needs more dragons and stuff.

Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I'm sitting on the fence with the looks on this. On some level, it does appeal to me, but on others I'm wondering how practical it can be or whether my interest in the design is down to me actually liking it or whether it is just "different".
Old 12th May 2010, 12:20   #10
Fizzban
Man of Many Typos

Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.
NZXT do make some seriously ugly cases. You could almost say they have a talent for it..

To win the battle, is to be prepared to die - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFlames View Post
Asking to pick between the main parties is like asking which testicle you want to be kicked in, you're gonna get kicked the nuts whoever you pick... Just have to hope whoever you pick aren't wearing steelies...
Fizzban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2010, 12:54   #11
rickysio
N900 | HJE900

NZXT Adamas seems to be NZXT's magnus opus in sensible design.
Old 12th May 2010, 13:07   #12
ev1lm1nd666
Multimodder

ev1lm1nd666 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ev1lm1nd666 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ev1lm1nd666 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ev1lm1nd666 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ev1lm1nd666 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ev1lm1nd666 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ev1lm1nd666 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ev1lm1nd666 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ev1lm1nd666 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ev1lm1nd666 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ev1lm1nd666 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
In a strange way i actually like the front of the case, it looks a bit "Darth Vader" with that vent hole at the bottom. As for the fan mount, i have the same problem with my iCute/Sharkoon Rebel 9 case. the side panel fan is around 3-4cm deep so it will clash with most decent coolers too. If the case came with a window instead of the fan or even a solid panel we could take a dremel too i would actually buy one...
Old 12th May 2010, 13:55   #13
gcwebbyuk
Dib Dabbler

gcwebbyuk is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.gcwebbyuk is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.gcwebbyuk is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.gcwebbyuk is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.gcwebbyuk is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.gcwebbyuk is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.gcwebbyuk is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.gcwebbyuk is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.gcwebbyuk is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.gcwebbyuk is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.gcwebbyuk is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
ev1lm1nd666 you beat me to it about the Darth Vader look!

My Flickr Photostream
gcwebbyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2010, 14:45   #14
sleepygamer
More Metal Than Thou

sleepygamer can run Crysissleepygamer can run Crysissleepygamer can run Crysissleepygamer can run Crysissleepygamer can run Crysissleepygamer can run Crysissleepygamer can run Crysissleepygamer can run Crysissleepygamer can run Crysissleepygamer can run Crysissleepygamer can run Crysis
I don't know why people dislike NZXT cases. Sure, they are a little... uh... unique looking. But I am using an NZXT M59, and I think it's pretty cool looking. There's no accounting for taste I guess.
Lazarus | CPU | Intel C2Q Q9400 @ 2.66Ghz | RAM | 4GB (2x2GB) OCZ Reaper DDR2 666MHz @ 5-6-6-15 | Mobo | ASUS P5B Deluxe | GPU | EVGA GTX460 1GB SC | SSD/Boot | Kingston 64GB SSDNow V | HDD/Storage | 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 | PSU | Silverstone Strider 700W | Case | NZXT M59 | Monitor | 20" LG Flatron | Keyboard | Razer Lycosa Mirror | Mouse | Razer Lachesis Wraith Red
I also blog! - It's about hardware and stuff! // Latest review: Sennheiser HD 215 Headphones
I also tweet! - sleepygamester
sleepygamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2010, 15:02   #15
rickysio
N900 | HJE900

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepygamer View Post
I don't know why people dislike NZXT cases. Sure, they are a little... uh... unique looking. But I am using an NZXT M59, and I think it's pretty cool looking. There's no accounting for taste I guess.
Mostly because quite a number of NZXT cases do not suit the tastes of people like me who doesn't really like bling?
Old 12th May 2010, 15:07   #16
Kasius
Bringing the dremolition

Kasius has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Truly horrific, good job.
Old 12th May 2010, 15:23   #17
FelixTech
Robot

FelixTech has yet to learn the way of the DremelFelixTech has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I just don't get you lot sometimes. While this case might not be my cup of tea, it looks a million times better than the Antec Dark Fleet which had quite a few comments of "ZOMG that looks awesome!". It's definitely unusual but it not exactly offensive. I think if they had split the fascia down the middle into two separate doors it would have been cooler :P

Maybe there'll be a revision 2 with a shifted fan at some point...
Old 12th May 2010, 15:28   #18
fingerbob69
Hypermodder

fingerbob69 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfingerbob69 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
But it takes the intel/amd cpu fans just fine right? So therefore I think we can conclued that this aimed at companies like Dell and Packard Bell and the large number units they put out.
Antec 902, Asus P6T se, i7-920 D0 oc@3.6ghz, Asaka Nero S, 6gb Corsair, Thermaltake 750w Evo Blue, XFX 4890 + Artic Twin Turbo Pro, Asus Xonar DS, BFG Ageia PhysX, 2x 500gb Seagate HDD, Win7 hp, NEC ea231wmi, MS X4, Cordless Mouseman optical(deceased)..now a Roccat Kova+
fingerbob69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2010, 16:54   #19
Combatus
Custom PC/bit-tech modding sections

Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fingerbob69 View Post
But it takes the intel/amd cpu fans just fine right? So therefore I think we can conclued that this aimed at companies like Dell and Packard Bell and the large number units they put out.
Except that I don't know many Dell PCs with fan control, temperature sensors, large fans and water cooling compatibility I'm not convinced!
Is the res loud, like, constantly making you need a piss loud?
Combatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2010, 17:50   #20
ssj12
Hypermodder

ssj12 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The Hades was a unique design, just not one of their best ones. I love their Tempest cases.

I dont understand scoring on this one. 4/10 seems low when you consider you have two 7s, a 9, and 6 there. I'd figure the case would be more fitting of a 5 or 6 out of ten rather then a 4. Scoring overall isnt the average, but should still take into account what the component scores are.
ssj12 is offline   Reply With Quote