bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 12th May 2010, 12:25   #1
Sifter3000
I used to be somebody

Sifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Otellini: Intel doesn't fear ARM

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardwar...snt-fear-arm/1

My weblog is The Wired Jester.
Photos on Flickr.
Sifter3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2010, 13:17   #2
Shagbag
All glory to the Hypnotoad!

Shagbag has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
lol. right. They always wanted to be in the smartphone segment and ARM's growth had nothing to do with this.

pull the other one.
Old 12th May 2010, 13:53   #3
rickysio
N900 | HJE900

rickysio has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagbag
lol. right. They always wanted to be in the smartphone segment and ARM's growth had nothing to do with this.

pull the other one.
Really? They sold a certain department off, after all.
rickysio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2010, 14:55   #4
javaman
May irritate Eyes

javaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for president
x86 chips in a non x86 reliant market?
javaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2010, 17:07   #5
eddtox
Homo Interneticus

eddtox has yet to learn the way of the Dremeleddtox has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
As an N900 (based around the ARM Cortex A8) user, I have to say that intel would have to pull something really special out of the bag to make me even consider getting an x86-based smartphone. It doesn't just have to match ARM feature for feature, it has to be better, while maintaining/ improving battery life.
Old 12th May 2010, 17:21   #6
rickysio
N900 | HJE900

rickysio has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddtox
As an N900 (based around the ARM Cortex A8) user, I have to say that intel would have to pull something really special out of the bag to make me even consider getting an x86-based smartphone. It doesn't just have to match ARM feature for feature, it has to be better, while maintaining/ improving battery life.
Look at the new Moorestown platform. Does seem tempting, since battery life on the N900 is already... :X
And since there's 5 chips, Nokia could fit the hero battery back in again, instead of the cruddy 1200mAh they gave us.
rickysio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2010, 01:28   #7
chrisb2e9
Dont do that...

chrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysis
I'll do what I always do. Go for whatever gives me the best performance/experience for the amount of money I have to spend.