1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Frozen Synapse

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Phalanx, 16 May 2010.

1. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

Does anyone fancy going halves on a preorder for Frozen Synapse?

http://www.frozensynapse.com/

You get two games if you preorder. The price now is £16.99 - which means we will each pay £8.50

Any takers?

2. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I'm up for it!

3. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Still... if anyone is up for this let me know.

4. deanimate

deanimate What's a Dremel?

Will PM you now Gravity. Just need two more posts till I can send PMs

5. Phalanx

Sorry Gravity, I missed your post as I got accosted by PM :) I do apologise. However can I just say that anyone who hasn't done so, PREORDER this! Absolutely amazing strategy game. Even just from the beta, it is already very polished and I am looking forward to the full release.

6. Zipu

Zipu What's a Dremel?

Does it have some kind of Campaign ? Or is purely level by level ?

7. 1nsignia

1nsignia What's a Dremel?

I think I saw it say campaign mode in the trailer.

Looks good, but will wait till its out and on offer (on steam or elsewhere).

8. AndyGoldie

AndyGoldie 60Hz for Streets, 144Hz for Sheets

I split the price with a friend. I have to admit, the concept of the game is good, sadly so far I've had a horrible experience with it. The on-line play is nearly unplayable unless your lucky as hell, there are only 6 missions, each being short, you take turns in 5 second periods and there are only 5 turns. 5 second is far too short to feel like your commands are doing much and the games too expensive for what you get.

Others opinions on this would be good as I feel I'm missing something in this game and somewhat ripped off.

9. Greenie

Greenie What's a Dremel?

I don't think you've given it much of a chance. It has been slow to submit/load turns for a little while, which is why a new main server is being setup, which should make a fair difference.

I've been playing it since I saw the BT article on it, it was a little difficult to get into, but after the first night, I am hooked :)

25 seconds (5 turns of 5 seconds) is more than enough time to get stuck in and one team is almost always wiped out by the end. Unless you or your opponent run away or play incredibly defensively, the games reach a reasonable conclusion 99% of the time.

You have to be careful with your strategies and plan using the simulation of the turn to 'hopefully' get the best results, but it varies massively on your opponent and how they play.

10. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

It does look really fun, and looks a bit similar to Introversions' upcoming game.
    The main thing i wanted to ask people who have it: I am basically internetless at the moment, so how fun is the single player at the moment. Would i be better waiting until some part of the campaign is added?

(also, does it have LAN games?)

11. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

I'm skeptical of how well a campaign would work in this game. The single player is OK for getting used to the mechanics of the game, but there's no real longevity in it.

12. Phalanx

Just remember, currently you're playing a beta, not a finished product. Some hardware for the servers is still being put in :)