bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 18th May 2010, 11:40   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Microsoft pays $200 million for VirnetX licence

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/bits/20...virnetx-lice/1
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2010, 11:57   #2
kingred
Surfacing sucks!

kingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Winning.

Something Microsoft rarely does.
kingred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2010, 12:10   #3
crazyceo
Banned

crazyceo has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
That's just loose change down the back of the sofa to Microsoft. A little payment to swat the flies away.

Makes perfect business sense. Well Done Microsoft!
crazyceo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2010, 12:10   #4
blood69
Minimodder

blood69 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
$200 million?? It's a win for Microsoft, what do you think this company is, Apple??
$200 million for a technology that suits well the current range of Windows OS and facilitates the work of windows IT professionals.
blood69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2010, 12:10   #5
Lockon Stratos
I Will Snipe You!

Lockon Stratos has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
its not so much a case of winning lol. they were caught redhanded using patented technology then coughed up for damages & also the cost of the license fee to keep using the technology when put on the spot.

I bet some dude in M$ is saying to one of the directors "I told you this was a bad idea...."
Lockon Stratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2010, 12:14   #6
Shagbag
All glory to the Hypnotoad!

Shagbag has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Microsoft's corporate vice president and deputy general counsel Tom Burt said in a statement that his company is "pleased to work with VirnetX to bring these cases to a successful resolution through this settlement," although both companies are keeping the precise details of the agreement quiet.
Says it all really. Microsoft bought their silence. Well done Microsoft, another 'win' for your shareholders. lol.
Old 18th May 2010, 12:47   #7
Aracos
Elite

Aracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run Crysis
Is that all current versions of windows 7 or windows in general AKA XP, Vista and 7? If it's the latter then the real winner here is obviously VirnetX. They've probably been sitting on this for ages waiting for the right time to accuse them of infringement and then demand something they can't possible do netting them more money

It's a good way to make money imo.
Ragnarok: i5 750 @ 3200MHz | Titan Fenrir | MSI P55-GD65 | 8GiB Vengence 1600MHz CAS 9 | 1GiB 6950 DirectCU II | 60GB Crucial M4 | Samsung F3 500GB | Samsung F3 1TB | Seasonic X-750 | X-Fi XtremeGamer | HAF932 | Win 7 Pro | openSUSE
Aracos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2010, 13:33   #8
Blademrk
Why so serious?

Blademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Every time I've tried to read the text of that article, I swear the face in the picture starts moving.

It makes for a great optical illusion (I think it's the blue background that does it), but it doesn't half make the eye's hurt after a while.

My X-Box Live gamertag, PSN, Steam & Nintendo ID is BladeMrk

Last edited by Blademrk; 18th May 2010 at 16:07.
Blademrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2010, 13:58   #9
Mongoose132
Smiles are free-Use 'em :D

Mongoose132 can run CrysisMongoose132 can run CrysisMongoose132 can run CrysisMongoose132 can run CrysisMongoose132 can run CrysisMongoose132 can run CrysisMongoose132 can run CrysisMongoose132 can run CrysisMongoose132 can run CrysisMongoose132 can run CrysisMongoose132 can run Crysis
Does that man have a smaller eye on the right side? D:
Old 18th May 2010, 15:40   #10
CharlO
Multimodder

CharlO has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Yeah, windows without the VPN is NOTHING. No company will ever get it. Should at least have added one or two zeros to that. ****. hate this, made awful my morning. Hate the way Microsoft operates.
CharlO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2010, 18:07   #11
Shagbag
All glory to the Hypnotoad!

Shagbag has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlO View Post
Yeah, windows without the VPN is NOTHING. No company will ever get it. Should at least have added one or two zeros to that. ****. hate this, made awful my morning. Hate the way Microsoft operates.
Yeah, but I bet you still buy their products.
Old 18th May 2010, 19:23   #12
RichCreedy
Hey What Who

RichCreedy is definitely a rep cheat.RichCreedy is definitely a rep cheat.RichCreedy is definitely a rep cheat.RichCreedy is definitely a rep cheat.RichCreedy is definitely a rep cheat.RichCreedy is definitely a rep cheat.RichCreedy is definitely a rep cheat.RichCreedy is definitely a rep cheat.RichCreedy is definitely a rep cheat.RichCreedy is definitely a rep cheat.RichCreedy is definitely a rep cheat.
bet he doesn't 'BUY' them
Old 19th May 2010, 11:56   #13
Abdul Hadi
Technically, I wanna be tim!

Abdul Hadi has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Giant's do try to use power somewhere for violations. Don't they? I mean see the chip giant "Intel"; after being sued by AMD of 1.25 billion USD. And now the software giant...... Hopeless as they just try to make money the easy way. but 200 million USD ain't bad for Microsoft.
Old 19th May 2010, 13:41   #14
Fizzban
Man of Many Typos

Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.
Bit embarrassing for Microsoft to get caught. Though I'm sure they are used to embarrassment by now. They paid up though so that's fair enough I guess.

To win the battle, is to be prepared to die - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFlames View Post
Asking to pick between the main parties is like asking which testicle you want to be kicked in, you're gonna get kicked the nuts whoever you pick... Just have to hope whoever you pick aren't wearing steelies...
Fizzban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2010, 14:42   #15
sub routine
Archie Gemel

sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoose132
Does that man have a smaller eye on the right side? D:
I think hes actually winking at you.... hmmm
sub routine is offline   Reply With Quote