bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 18th May 2010, 18:03   #1
Sifter3000
I used to be somebody

Sifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
New CCL forum launches on bit-tech

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/bits/20...ch-forumites/1

My weblog is The Wired Jester.
Photos on Flickr.
Sifter3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2010, 18:06   #2
Jack_Pepsi
Clan BeeR Founder

Jack_Pepsi has yet to learn the way of the DremelJack_Pepsi has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
WAHEY!

I bought my first PC component from CCL - a good ol' 32MB EDO SIMM module.

During the rectification of the Vuldronaii the Traveler came as a large, moving Torb. Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the Meketrex supplicants they chose a new form for him—that of a giant Sloar. Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day, I can tell you.
Jack_Pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2010, 18:06   #3
adam_bagpuss
Have you tried turning it off/on ?

adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
brilliant we can complain about the sub-standard after sales service there and hopefully get RMAs dealt with quicker and more professionally. heard some pretty nightmare stories from people on here about CCL which is why i always wondered why they got voted best e-tailer ?
Old 18th May 2010, 18:13   #4
Matticus

Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam_bagpuss
brilliant we can complain about the sub-standard after sales service there and hopefully get RMAs dealt with quicker and more professionally. heard some pretty nightmare stories from people on here about CCL which is why i always wondered why they got voted best e-tailer ?
Probably because everyone always complains about bad service, but never praises good service. I have never used CCL so will refrain from any judgements, but free shipping will sure tempt me to in future.
Old 18th May 2010, 18:23   #5
Simon @ CCL
Think its home time...

Simon @ CCL has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Pepsi View Post
WAHEY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam_bagpuss View Post
Hi Guys,

Thanks for your comments,

CCL has always tried very hard over the years to have good customer service. We like any other retailer do fail sometimes but we do learn from our mistakes. What do we need to learn?

Jack_pepsi - yes we sold a far few of those... them were the days :-)

Simon
Simon @ CCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2010, 18:50   #6
Adrian @ CCL
What's a Dremel?

Adrian @ CCL has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Pepsi
WAHEY!

Brilliant! Can you remember when that was, roughly?!
Adrian @ CCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2010, 19:19   #7
barndoor101
Bring back the demote thread!

barndoor101 can run Crysisbarndoor101 can run Crysisbarndoor101 can run Crysisbarndoor101 can run Crysisbarndoor101 can run Crysisbarndoor101 can run Crysisbarndoor101 can run Crysisbarndoor101 can run Crysisbarndoor101 can run Crysisbarndoor101 can run Crysis
sweeeet. thanks bit-tech & CCL
barndoor101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2010, 19:47   #8
aron311
Modder

aron311 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
"In addition, CCL also have some nifty pre-assembled motherboard bundles. These kits feature a CPU, motherboard and memory, already plugged together and tested. They're ideal if you want to build a machine quickly, or if you're gutting your current rig and want reassurance that the core components are going to work well together."

I'll be honest, you could explain what works with what in less words than that, it's very straight forward

Installing a CPU and RAM into a motherboard is easier than fixing the motherboard into the case. They just want you to buy their bundled warez
aron311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2010, 20:01   #9
ev1lm1nd666
Multimodder

ev1lm1nd666 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ev1lm1nd666 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ev1lm1nd666 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ev1lm1nd666 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ev1lm1nd666 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ev1lm1nd666 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ev1lm1nd666 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ev1lm1nd666 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ev1lm1nd666 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ev1lm1nd666 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ev1lm1nd666 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Think I'll stick with Advancetec, been using them for a few years and never had a problem, website says 5-7 working days for delivery but always been next day and everything is perfect, including aftersales
Old 18th May 2010, 20:06   #10
javaman
May irritate Eyes

javaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for president
Why does free delivery exclude northern Ireland?
javaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2010, 21:33   #11
Tricky2050
What's a Dremel?

Tricky2050 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
My thoughts exactly javaman
Tricky2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2010, 22:04   #12
Tom @ CCL
AKA: Yewen

Tom @ CCL has yet to learn the way of the DremelTom @ CCL has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
There is a difference in courrier costs for different areas of the UK unfortunately.
Tom @ CCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2010, 23:19   #13
wuyanxu
still wants Homeworld 3

wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.
registered an account on CCL hope to buy from you guys on my next purchase.
Old 18th May 2010, 23:39   #14
RTT
#parp

RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RTT is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
wow, awesome!
Old 18th May 2010, 23:58   #15
NethLyn
Hypermodder

NethLyn should be considered for presidentNethLyn should be considered for presidentNethLyn should be considered for presidentNethLyn should be considered for presidentNethLyn should be considered for presidentNethLyn should be considered for presidentNethLyn should be considered for presidentNethLyn should be considered for presidentNethLyn should be considered for presidentNethLyn should be considered for presidentNethLyn should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon @ CCL View Post
Hi Guys,

CCL has always tried very hard over the years to have good customer service. We like any other retailer do fail sometimes but we do learn from our mistakes. What do we need to learn?

Simon
When selling a PSU that comes with a rounded/moulded EIDE cable in its package as the Hiper Type-Rs did, don't just pull a flat one out of a motherboard box to fob the buyer off with it when they contact you to chase it up.

Start there.
Old 19th May 2010, 00:40   #16
Tom @ CCL
AKA: Yewen

Tom @ CCL has yet to learn the way of the DremelTom @ CCL has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Did this get resolved in the end?

Can you PM some details about your order Nethlyn so I can look into it?

I can only apologise for your experience and see if I can start changing your opinion of CCL.
Tom @ CCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2010, 00:54   #17
Kamakazie!
Minimodder

Kamakazie! has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Excellent.
CCL have always been great when i've ordered and are now that little bit cheaper too!
Kamakazie! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2010, 01:14   #18
javaman
May irritate Eyes

javaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom @ CCL View Post
There is a difference in courrier costs for different areas of the UK unfortunately.
For the few member on the forum from Northern Ireland that would get free delivery i doubt it would cost you too much. not change it for those over a certain amount of forum posts and been members of bit tech for so long get free delivery? lol. Registering anyway, Prices seem decent enough especially on the pre built front
javaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2010, 03:00   #19
Aracos
Elite

Aracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon @ CCL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Pepsi View Post
WAHEY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam_bagpuss View Post
Hi Guys,

Jack_pepsi - yes we sold a far few of those... them were the days :-)

Simon
That's the first time I've seen a retailer/etailer admit they make mistakes O_O
Ragnarok: i5 750 @ 3200MHz | Titan Fenrir | MSI P55-GD65 | 8GiB Vengence 1600MHz CAS 9 | 1GiB 6950 DirectCU II | 60GB Crucial M4 | Samsung F3 500GB | Samsung F3 1TB | Seasonic X-750 | X-Fi XtremeGamer | HAF932 | Win 7 Pro | openSUSE
Aracos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2010, 08:56   #20
Jack_Pepsi
Clan BeeR Founder

Jack_Pepsi has yet to learn the way of the DremelJack_Pepsi has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian @ CCL View Post
Brilliant! Can you remember when that was, roughly?!
Arrh man. Now I had my first PC when I was 11, (14 years ago) and being poor I could only mod my good ol' Packard Bell and not buy anything. I would have been around 14 or 15, probably closer to 16 actually.

So... roughly 9 years ago.
During the rectification of the Vuldronaii the Traveler came as a large, moving Torb. Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the Meketrex supplicants they chose a new form for him—that of a giant Sloar. Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day, I can tell you.
Jack_Pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote