bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 20th May 2010, 10:55   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Steam for Mac gets cross-platform multiplayer

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...rm-multiplay/1

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 11:52   #2
clx
Minimodder

clx has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
And finally... the war begins

all we need now are some GOOD games to play against each other.
clx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 12:08   #3
Jamie
ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Jamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Come on Valve, release TF2 already.
Old 20th May 2010, 12:11   #4
digitaldave
Multimodder

digitaldave has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
TF2 and CSS pls taaa
digitaldave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 12:21   #5
llamafur
WaterCooled fool

llamafur has yet to learn the way of the Dremelllamafur has yet to learn the way of the Dremelllamafur has yet to learn the way of the Dremelllamafur has yet to learn the way of the Dremelllamafur has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Yessss Games@School lol
llamafur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 12:41   #6
ssj12
Hypermodder

ssj12 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
CSS will probably happen after the new update is out of beta.
ssj12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 13:24   #7
Blademrk
Why so serious?

Blademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Altitude isn't bad, I bought that during one of the previous sales.

My X-Box Live gamertag, PSN, Steam & Nintendo ID is BladeMrk
Blademrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 13:37   #8
StoneyMahoney
Multimodder

StoneyMahoney - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!StoneyMahoney - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!StoneyMahoney - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!StoneyMahoney - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!StoneyMahoney - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!StoneyMahoney - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!StoneyMahoney - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!StoneyMahoney - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!StoneyMahoney - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!StoneyMahoney - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!StoneyMahoney - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
As much as people complain about the Mac's lack of performance compared to Windows (which is true, DirectX is king in so many ways) I played through Portal quite happily on my Geforce 9400M-equipped Mac Mini a few days ago. Pretty smooth, and totally enjoyable. Go Steam!
StoneyMahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 14:31   #9
Unknownsock
Supermodder

Unknownsock has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneyMahoney
As much as people complain about the Mac's lack of performance compared to Windows (which is true, DirectX is king in so many ways) I played through Portal quite happily on my Geforce 9400M-equipped Mac Mini a few days ago. Pretty smooth, and totally enjoyable. Go Steam!
Yea but Portal isn't the most intensive game is it?
Unknownsock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 16:03   #10
bowman
Supermodder

bowman has yet to learn the way of the Dremelbowman has yet to learn the way of the Dremelbowman has yet to learn the way of the Dremelbowman has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'm glad Valve is doing a good job beta testing OpenGL on Macs before letting it loose on Linux.

*takes cover from handbags being tossed by Mac users*
bowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 16:56   #11
javaman
May irritate Eyes

javaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for president
I saw an article saying that games run slower on macs than the an equivelent PC spec due to using openCL rather than DirectX. There was also reports of some glitches in games like textures not loading and you can't see through the portals
javaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 18:04   #12
Nature
Supermodder

Nature has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
cs source?
Old 20th May 2010, 19:26   #13
javaman
May irritate Eyes

javaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for president
Article
javaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 23:05   #14
knyghtryda
Multimodder

knyghtryda has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Altitude is free for the weekend, and its rather addicting....
Old 21st May 2010, 09:42   #15
Culinia
Minimodder

Culinia has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Until Steam has proper games on MAC such as Battlefield Bad Company 2 and modern games for example then there's really won't be much competition.
However when there is there still won't be any competition because MACs come with weak graphics cards. I really don't see the point in them to be honest.

I think since Apple Macs are becoming more like proper computers these days i.e. since Intel chips were implemented I think that Apple should just release Mac OSX to PCs and start real competition.
Culinia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apple, steam, valve