1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Google announces Google TV project

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 21 May 2010.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. V3ctor

V3ctor Tech addict...

Can't remember when it was announced, but this "idea" has some years, they already presented some tv's with that chip and with the integration with a browser and wi-fi... Good idea :)

3. eddtox

eddtox Homo Interneticus

And, of course, this ties in nicely with their announcement about the WebM(?) video codec. Say what you like about Google, but they do have some clever people pushing them forward.

4. greigaitken

greigaitken Minimodder

when we have a network that can cope with more than current demands - I'll look out for net tv.

5. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

Ummm net tv is already here (well, at least in the US). PlayOn + Hulu/Netflix. Although the dvr the google is bringing to the table is nice.

6. Arj12

Arj12 What's a Dremel?

Google seems to be expanding it's business and it's "products" immensily and very quickly for the last 2 years! I wonder what they will venture into next! I look forward to this, i just hope the quality of the videos are better than some current online players knocking about

7. Jehla

Jehla Minimodder

I wonder if they will release the software to the public.

8. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

Hmm I'm not so sure about this. My friends and I haven't watched tv in years (why would you use a system that requires controls your entertainment schedule based on programming times?). As such I haven't imagined myself using a tv without an htpc as it's input in, well, ever since I knew of the existence of a htpc. I suppose I'm not the target market though (and you never know, maybe piracy laws will eventually become so draconian I'll have to resort to conventional viewing measures once again. HA, who am I kidding, I would just stop watching tv).

Tags: Add Tags