bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 24th May 2010, 18:59   #1
Sifter3000
I used to be somebody

Sifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
First video and pictures of 3DMark 11

http://www.bit-tech.net/blog/2010/05...-of-3dmark-11/

My weblog is The Wired Jester.
Photos on Flickr.
Sifter3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2010, 19:03   #2
smc8788
potato

smc8788 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousmc8788 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousmc8788 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousmc8788 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousmc8788 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousmc8788 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousmc8788 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousmc8788 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousmc8788 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousmc8788 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousmc8788 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
You mean it's not a renamed version of Shattered Horizon?

Sorry, someone was bound to say it so it might as well be me
smc8788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2010, 19:40   #3
cgthomas
Cpt. Handsome

cgthomas has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
looks pretty impressive, tessle that vessel
Old 24th May 2010, 19:59   #4
HourBeforeDawn
a.k.a KazeModz

HourBeforeDawn has yet to learn the way of the DremelHourBeforeDawn has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
ugh talk about missing some details unless this isnt the final release because they are missing the prop wash from the rotors... but other then that it looks great.
DimasTech Test Bench Black ICE Triple 120 Rad Dual Bay Res/Pump DD Fill Port & Res D-Tek FuZion 2 CPU Block ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe Mobo AMD Phenom II 3ghz @ 4ghz 8gb DDR2-1100 Memory (2) AMD 6870 XFire (2) WD Black 640gb Raid 0 (2) 1.5TB SEAGATE Blu-Ray/HD DVD Drive ASUS XONAR DX2 30" DOUBLESIGHT LCD (2) 23" ASUS LCD ZALMAN 8 FAN CONTROLLER (4) NOCTUA P12 (2) NOCTUA P14 1000W ZALMAN PSU WINDOWS 7 PRO 64
HourBeforeDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2010, 20:03   #5
Guinevere
Mega Mom

Guinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming Saiyan
It's the undersea drilling rig "Deepcore" from the movie "The Abyss", I would now that anywhere, I once modeled and raytraced the damn thing. Interestingly, the set from the movie is still more or less in one piece: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...5/Deepcore.jpg
Guinevere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2010, 21:53   #6
Pete J
RIP Kidmod

Pete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I don't know if everyone saw it but I think there was a little bit of advertising in there. Unfortunately it went too fast for me to see the name of the sponsoring company - I think it was Asus?
Lian Li PC-P80B / EVGA X79 Dark / i7 4930K @ 4.2GHz (no HT) / Corsair H80i / 4x4GB Avexir Core Blue Series @ 2400MHz 10-12-12-31-2T / 3x SLI EVGA 3GB GTX 780 @1075MHz Core 7000MHz Memory / X-Fi Titanium Professional / 2 x 250GB Samsung 840 / 120GB Vertex 2 / 480GB Vertex 2 / 2TB WD Caviar Green / Silverstone Strider 1500W / Asus PQ321QE / Dell 3007WFP-HC / Headphones TBA / Logitech MK710 and MX3200 / Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 / Datacolor Spyder3 / Win 7 Ultimate x64 / Gigabyte P34G V2
Pete J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2010, 22:03   #7
smc8788
potato

smc8788 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousmc8788 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousmc8788 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousmc8788 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousmc8788 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousmc8788 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousmc8788 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousmc8788 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousmc8788 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousmc8788 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousmc8788 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete J View Post
I don't know if everyone saw it but I think there was a little bit of advertising in there. Unfortunately it went too fast for me to see the name of the sponsoring company - I think it was Asus?
No I don't think so. There was an M, S and an I in there I think.

ISM maybe? Never heard of them.
smc8788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2010, 22:43   #8
PhoenixTank
From The Ashes

PhoenixTank has yet to learn the way of the DremelPhoenixTank has yet to learn the way of the DremelPhoenixTank has yet to learn the way of the DremelPhoenixTank has yet to learn the way of the DremelPhoenixTank has yet to learn the way of the DremelPhoenixTank has yet to learn the way of the DremelPhoenixTank has yet to learn the way of the DremelPhoenixTank has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by HourBeforeDawn
ugh talk about missing some details unless this isnt the final release because they are missing the prop wash from the rotors... but other then that it looks great.
Not to be a smartass, but it does say "Work In Progress" at the top. Looks pretty good overall. Not sure if I'd bother to upgrade from Vantage, though.
Scythe Kaze Server (fan controller) | Lian Li PC-A77FB | W-75BT Side Panel Window
PhoenixTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2010, 22:47   #9
Pete J
RIP Kidmod

Pete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by smc8788 View Post
ISM maybe? Never heard of them.
Best not trust them, just to be safe. I don't want no-name gear in my rig.
Lian Li PC-P80B / EVGA X79 Dark / i7 4930K @ 4.2GHz (no HT) / Corsair H80i / 4x4GB Avexir Core Blue Series @ 2400MHz 10-12-12-31-2T / 3x SLI EVGA 3GB GTX 780 @1075MHz Core 7000MHz Memory / X-Fi Titanium Professional / 2 x 250GB Samsung 840 / 120GB Vertex 2 / 480GB Vertex 2 / 2TB WD Caviar Green / Silverstone Strider 1500W / Asus PQ321QE / Dell 3007WFP-HC / Headphones TBA / Logitech MK710 and MX3200 / Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 / Datacolor Spyder3 / Win 7 Ultimate x64 / Gigabyte P34G V2
Pete J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2010, 23:00   #10
Jamie
ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Jamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Someone has discovered the lens flare effect!
Old 25th May 2010, 03:49   #11
Star*Dagger
Pan-Galactic Revolutionary

Star*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for president
Awesome, and yeah, I look forward to the Dx11 version of this years FPS magnum opus, Shattered Horizon.
DX11 is brilliant because it not only allows you to view it in DX11 glory, but Dx10, 10.1 and even the ancient dx9.

Cheers,
S*D
Star*Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 03:57   #12
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
Don't worry SD, Futuremark has reseved a server just for you to download it when it's available.

Q: Will you buy another PC to have it running all day every day, beside you, keeping you warm?
Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 04:28   #13
kylew
Multimodder

kylew has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by HourBeforeDawn View Post
Ugh talk about missing some details, unless this isn't the final release. because they are missing the prop wash from the rotors... but other thAn that it looks great.
Looks like you missed the huge "work in progress" across the upper half of the video, Mister Details.
kylew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 09:17   #14
Chaos_Engine
Minimodder

Chaos_Engine has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
All these extra effects should at least stretch our gear a little... looks amazing though
Chaos_Engine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 10:08   #15
lacuna
Supermodder

lacuna has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindibadgi
Don't worry SD, Futuremark has reseved a server just for you to download it when it's available.

Q: Will you buy another PC to have it running all day every day, beside you, keeping you warm?
It must suck when even the BT staff start ripping the piss out of you...
lacuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 10:12   #16
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lacuna View Post
It must suck when even the BT staff start ripping the piss out of you...
We've been doing it since the game launched. It's become an in-office joke
Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 10:18   #17
wuyanxu
still wants Homeworld 3

wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.
free unlimited runs. excellent

with tessellation, i think we'll see Fermi taking a huge lead in this benchmark.
Old 25th May 2010, 11:56   #18
l3v1ck
really joined on Dec 24th 2004.

l3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
So far Fermi has got a kicking, but I wonder if it'll do better when we start to get games that require high levels of tessellation to look that good.
Certainly I think tessellation is the future of getting games to look better.
The old Dennis Forums (CPC, PC Pro, Mac User etc) - Meeting Place lives on. You're welcome to visit it HERE
l3v1ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 12:18   #19
Ending Credits
Bunned

Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Someone has discovered the lens flare effect!
The vignetting is pretty nice though.
Ending Credits is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 13:27   #20
phantombudgie
Minimodder

phantombudgie has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindibadgi View Post

Yup, the old gas boiler is inefficient, costs thousands to replace, so I may save some cash and use a GTX 480 instead!
phantombudgie is offline   Reply With Quote