bit-tech.net

Old 25th May 2010, 11:16   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
IBM hands out malware

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/bits/20...-out-malware/1

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 11:19   #2
Krikkit
Super Moderator

Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.
Ouch. Egg on face to the max.

A clever PR person would switch that around and highlight the fact that nothing should be trusted.
Old 25th May 2010, 11:20   #3
Arj12
Multimodder

Arj12 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Hahahaha! Big screw up! I have no idea how people can manage to do this! Especially in big companies like IBM!
Arj12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 11:22   #4
phantombudgie
Minimodder

phantombudgie has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
*cough*
*spill coffee across keyboard*
*search for new keyboard on other side of office*
*post lols*

phantombudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 11:23   #5
proxess
Hypermodder

proxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for president
I couldn't help but lol after reading "added bonus: worms" and think of people going out to the pharmacy to buy worms medicine.
Ubuntu #8076 / Linux #429448
proxess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 11:40   #6
mi1ez
Game Boy Modder

mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Added bonus: Worms Armagedden
Old 25th May 2010, 11:49   #7
BlackMage23
RPG Loving Freak

BlackMage23 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
You would expect this to be the one place where everyone would scan stuff for viruses.
Old 25th May 2010, 12:02   #8
Phalanx
Needs more dragons and stuff.

Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
First article I've read that caused me to laugh out loud in the office. It's now making the rounds Well done IBM!
Old 25th May 2010, 13:24   #9
deathtaker27
Backups ... Its a way of life

deathtaker27 is a Super Spamming Saiyandeathtaker27 is a Super Spamming Saiyandeathtaker27 is a Super Spamming Saiyandeathtaker27 is a Super Spamming Saiyandeathtaker27 is a Super Spamming Saiyandeathtaker27 is a Super Spamming Saiyandeathtaker27 is a Super Spamming Saiyandeathtaker27 is a Super Spamming Saiyandeathtaker27 is a Super Spamming Saiyandeathtaker27 is a Super Spamming Saiyandeathtaker27 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
so how many security expert's computers now have a virus do you think?
deathtaker27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 13:26   #10
tristanperry
Hypermodder

tristanperry is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.tristanperry is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.tristanperry is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.tristanperry is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.tristanperry is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.tristanperry is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.tristanperry is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.tristanperry is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.tristanperry is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.tristanperry is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.tristanperry is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
LOL!

Seriously, that takes some doing

Handing out malware (in the form of freebies) at a security convention is pretty epic
tristanperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 13:39   #11
shadows
Multimodder

shadows has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Never trust anything! Either someone at IBM had alot of time on their hands or the USB sticks were pre planted with the virus.
shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 13:39   #12
Sim0n
rm -rf /

Sim0n has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Old news :P , thereg reported on this last friday morning : http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/05...malware_snafu/
Sim0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 14:15   #13
MiT
Don't feed me after midnight!! nom

MiT has yet to learn the way of the DremelMiT has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
lol
i5 750 // 4GB DDR3 666MHz (7-7-7-19) // Gigabyte P55M-UD4 // Titan Fenrir // Saphire Toxic ATI Radeon HD 5850 // 1.7 TB HDD // Corsair HX 520 // Fractal R2 // Mionix Naos 5000 // Logitech G110 // Razer Goliathus // Logitech 5.1 surround // Turtle Beech X41 // Samsung SyncMaster 2333HD // Win8 Home 64bit
MiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 15:33   #14
rickysio
N900 | HJE900

rickysio has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
And if it infected one of these supposed security expert's computer...
rickysio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 19:00   #15
Psytek
Multimodder

Psytek has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Anyone in the security industry who uses windows shouldn't have been there in the first place.
And they should also know about this type of thing... my 13 year old cousin could set up a usb hacksaw with about 100 worms, trojans and viruses on it ...
Psytek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 19:10   #16
liratheal
Sharing is caring

liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
It could have been a stunt, demonstrating the weakness of "free" computer peripherals?

It was probably a cock up, but hey.
Focus RS Mk1; Build number 1506
liratheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2010, 17:18   #17
mecblade
14 year old Technophile

mecblade has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmecblade has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmecblade has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
"AusCERT-goers get bonus malware gift"

I couldnt stop laughing about this! also psytech, ill buy one of you for £3

seriously, IBM, with all its might couldnt even stop worms from getting into their USB Sticks
mecblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2010, 17:26   #18
mecblade
14 year old Technophile

mecblade has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmecblade has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmecblade has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
http://domino.watson.ibm.com/library...d?OpenDocument

obviously it doesnt work then.........

seriously IBM failed badly here
mecblade is offline   Reply With Quote