bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 25th May 2010, 11:11   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
EA sells rights to Mass Effect film

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...-effect-film/1

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 11:16   #2
Leman
Minimodder

Leman has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Even though nearly all the promotional work around Mass Effect features the bald Space Marine Male Shepard most of the people I know all choose to play as a Fem-Shepard. Jennifer Hale put in a far more believable performance. The Mass Effect main character will always be female in my head now for that very reason.

Now im guessing the film would follow the marketing campaign and get someone like Sam Worthington to play Shep.
Leman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 11:19   #3
javaman
May irritate Eyes

javaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for president
I would definately go to see this. I just hope that writers do it justice and preferably look at some other characters within the universe.
javaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 11:26   #4
LJF
Modded

LJF has yet to learn the way of the DremelLJF has yet to learn the way of the DremelLJF has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The story of Mass Effect is good but it's the interactivity and the choices you can make that make it great. A film would remove that aspect entirely.
Assuming the plot of the film would follow the plot of the game, then the target audience would already know what's going to happen. Considering it from the perspective of someone who hadnt played the game, i think the story might struggle to hold its own.
LJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 11:30   #5
bob
Multimodder

bob has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Well at least it isn't Uwe Boll.
Old 25th May 2010, 11:43   #6
rickysio
N900 | HJE900

rickysio has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Riiight.

And what, Torchlight : The Movie?
rickysio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 11:56   #7
Xir
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.
Shame it isn't Uwe Boll

(he's got a rep to hold up)
X1800XT 512mb Sapphire
200GB Samsung SP2004C 24" Asus something 1920x1080
Xir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 12:09   #8
Baz
I work for Corsair

Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
No Fem-Shep Bald Space Marine douche bag Shep is just so cliche.
Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 12:24   #9
tad2008
Supermodder

tad2008 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
+1 for Sam Worthington
tad2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 12:29   #10
Paddy
Modder

Paddy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Am I the only one that feels that the main underlying story in Mass Effect (not played 2 much!) is very similar to the overriding story Arc of Babylon 5?

If they take the correct direction, then this could be an awesome film!
Paddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 12:32   #11
Phalanx
Needs more dragons and stuff.

Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
PLEASE don't screw this up, Legendary! I beg you!
Old 25th May 2010, 12:58   #12
kosch
Trango in the Mango

kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Am I the only one that feels that the main underlying story in Mass Effect (not played 2 much!) is very similar to the overriding story Arc of Babylon 5?

If they take the correct direction, then this could be an awesome film!
Yes it was rather similar I think thats why I enjoyed it so much

I played a female Shep in ME1 and ME2 seemed to make more sense to me. I did try playing it with the male version but I felt it was rather Clichéd so I stuck with my fem shep.

Red hair cheesecake! http://www.kosch.co.uk/images/masseffect/shep5.jpg
kosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 13:16   #13
Krikkit
Super Moderator

Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.
Haha, snap to mine kosch.

After what this guy did to I Am Legend I'm not holding out much hope.
Old 25th May 2010, 13:29   #14
javaman
May irritate Eyes

javaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for president
Hollywood writers are failures at writing decent plots /thread
javaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 13:43   #15
BlackMage23
RPG Loving Freak

BlackMage23 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Next we will hear that a Half Life film is being made.
Old 25th May 2010, 15:11   #16
Unknownsock
Supermodder

Unknownsock has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krikkit
Haha, snap to mine kosch.

After what this guy did to I Am Legend I'm not holding out much hope.
I thought that was potentially one of the best movies ever, bar the last 30 minutes
And considering it was a remake, i think he did a very good job with what he had.

Although i guarantee this film will be a disspointment, as everyone has different characters, i personally dont like the look at the default shepard that much. And my own experience is with someone else.
Unknownsock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 15:12   #17
zimbloggy
Genius Extraordinaire

zimbloggy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by
and is working on a WarCraft film with Evil Dead creator Sam Raimi
Is that really the best qualification he has? I can think of a slightly bigger and better project he has worked on...
Old 25th May 2010, 15:13   #18
zimbloggy
Genius Extraordinaire

zimbloggy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMage23
Next we will hear that a Half Life film is being made.
That would make me happy.
Old 25th May 2010, 15:24   #19
johnnyboy700
Ultramodder

johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.
I suppose this will end up on the list of games that were optioned for the big screen but never made it. Two that spring to mind are HALO and Bioshock.

Still, at least we've got Tron Legacy to look forward to.
johnnyboy700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 15:28   #20
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz View Post
No Fem-Shep Bald Space Marine douche bag Shep is just so cliche.
This.

Who the hell ever plays as male shep? Female Shep voice actor is positively sensuous to the ears.
Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote