bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 26th May 2010, 08:51   #1
Sifter3000
I used to be somebody

Sifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Cooler Master on the HAF X and its future

We chat with Cooler Master about its future and also get hands-on with the latest HAF

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cas...d-the-future/1

My weblog is The Wired Jester.
Photos on Flickr.
Sifter3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2010, 09:14   #2
yakyb
i hate the person above me

yakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysis
i love my 2 690 II adv's which are not too dissimilar to this
Old 26th May 2010, 09:27   #3
Abdul Hadi
Technically, I wanna be tim!

Abdul Hadi has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Oh its gonna be great. But the price ................ Ahem Ahem!
Old 26th May 2010, 09:54   #4
Bloody_Pete
Technophile(and yes, thats 724Mb/s)

Bloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I like it. I wonder if it'll have dust filters though...
i5 3570k @ 4.6GHz (1.28v) on custom water loop/ Watercooling how-to, Asus Maximus 5 Gene, 16GB Corsair Vengence 1600MHz (2 black, 2 red), Asus 780 Posiedon Platinium, 512GB Crucial Mx1000, 3 x Samsung F1 1TB in RAID 5, Xigmatek Elysium, Enermax Revolution 85+ 850W, Corsair K60, Corsair SP2500 speakers, Dell U2311H & Asus VK222W.
Bloody_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2010, 10:12   #5
Jipa
Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Jipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run Crysis
To me these seems a bit like SUVs - look silly and are in-practically huge. Then again, I suppose it's the perfect case for everyone that have three 5870's, six hard drives and intent to watercool the whole thing.
Old 26th May 2010, 10:13   #6
FelixTech
Robot

FelixTech has yet to learn the way of the DremelFelixTech has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
WaveMaster cheesecake! :P
Old 26th May 2010, 10:40   #7
Jack_Pepsi
Clan BeeR Founder

Jack_Pepsi has yet to learn the way of the DremelJack_Pepsi has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I can't stand the aesthetics in the HAF series, I honestly can't see anything appealing about them apart from the red & black theme but that alone doesn't make one bit of difference.

Sick, GROSS!
During the rectification of the Vuldronaii the Traveler came as a large, moving Torb. Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the Meketrex supplicants they chose a new form for him—that of a giant Sloar. Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day, I can tell you.
Jack_Pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2010, 10:41   #8
rickysio
N900 | HJE900

rickysio has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Functionality over form means that it isn't going to be a stunner.

Who the **** will stare at your tower anyway?
rickysio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2010, 10:48   #9
Jack_Pepsi
Clan BeeR Founder

Jack_Pepsi has yet to learn the way of the DremelJack_Pepsi has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickysio View Post

Oooh less of the hostility please, it's still relatively early here in the UK. In regards to your rudely asked question, I have a lot of enthusiast friends & colleagues as well others who will be intrigued by my 'tower'. Unfortunately not all of us can dwell in the luxurious shadows of seclusion seldom coming to surface only to see Mum & Dad frowning.
During the rectification of the Vuldronaii the Traveler came as a large, moving Torb. Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the Meketrex supplicants they chose a new form for him—that of a giant Sloar. Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day, I can tell you.
Old 26th May 2010, 11:01   #10
azrael-
I'm special...

azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
2011 can't come quickly enough for Coolermaster and me. I, for one, am seriously tired of these socalled "gaming cases". They're usually fugly as hell.

Xeon E3-1245 v2 3.4 GHz | ASUS P8C WS | 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3 | Samsung 830 256GB | eVGA GTX670 2GB | SB Audigy | Seasonic X-560 | Corsair Obsidian 550D | Dell 2209WA
azrael- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2010, 11:02   #11
Jezcentral
Multimodder

Jezcentral has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I love the fans in the roof, but I would like to see some sort of cap, or slider that you can use to cover the holes to keep the dust out when the PCisn't on.
Jezcentral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2010, 11:14   #12
deathtaker27
Backups ... Its a way of life

deathtaker27 is a Super Spamming Saiyandeathtaker27 is a Super Spamming Saiyandeathtaker27 is a Super Spamming Saiyandeathtaker27 is a Super Spamming Saiyandeathtaker27 is a Super Spamming Saiyandeathtaker27 is a Super Spamming Saiyandeathtaker27 is a Super Spamming Saiyandeathtaker27 is a Super Spamming Saiyandeathtaker27 is a Super Spamming Saiyandeathtaker27 is a Super Spamming Saiyandeathtaker27 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
i actually like the design

but then again it is quite a belligerent design.
deathtaker27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2010, 12:42   #13
rickysio
N900 | HJE900

rickysio has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Pepsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickysio View Post

Oooh less of the hostility please, it's still relatively early here in the UK. In regards to your rudely asked question, I have a lot of enthusiast friends & colleagues as well others who will be intrigued by my 'tower'. Unfortunately not all of us can dwell in the luxurious shadows of seclusion seldom coming to surface only to see Mum & Dad frowning.
Get a Mac?
rickysio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2010, 12:44   #14
Jack_Pepsi
Clan BeeR Founder

... and lose all the fun in building, customising & softwaring something I've built only to then not be able to do what I intended to do on it (that's playing games & overclocking)?

No thanks!
Old 26th May 2010, 12:59   #15
Skiddywinks
Hypermodder

Skiddywinks has yet to learn the way of the DremelSkiddywinks has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Who'd want to put a triple rad in the roof?

I'm already trying to hunt down two 200mm radiators...
Skiddywinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2010, 13:21   #16
Floyd
Wire Twister

Floyd has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I love my HAF 932 but that 942 thing just stepped over the line and became too ugly.
Floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2010, 13:27   #17
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddywinks
Who'd want to put a triple rad in the roof?

I'm already trying to hunt down two 200mm radiators...
I would Ive been looking for a case for a triple rad mount
Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2010, 13:35   #18
stonedsurd
Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindibadgi View Post
I would Ive been looking for a case for a triple rad mount
The 932 has a triple rad mount, as does the Corsair 700D/800D. I'm sure there are plenty of cases that would fit a triple rad.
Old 26th May 2010, 13:43   #19
bahgger
Hypermodder

bahgger - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youbahgger - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youbahgger - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youbahgger - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youbahgger - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youbahgger - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youbahgger - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youbahgger - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youbahgger - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youbahgger - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youbahgger - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Looking good, although I wonder how long it will be until I realize that perhaps the case design is a bit too aggressive for me. That's what happened with my CM Stacker 830. I had an older PC placed inside a Wavemaster which still looks gorgeous, albeit somewhat boring now. My main workstation uses a CM Cosmos with a windowed side so I think it's currently the best of both worlds being sleek but still is unique.
bahgger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2010, 13:45   #20
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonedsurd View Post
The 932 has a triple rad mount, as does the Corsair 700D/800D. I'm sure there are plenty of cases that would fit a triple rad.
932 didnt fit my old rad, not enough space.

I've updated page 1 with a price: it will be ~£150 MSRP.
Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote