bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 31st May 2010, 02:52   #1
Sifter3000
I used to be somebody

Sifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Mini-ITX Hi-Fi case anyone?

http://www.bit-tech.net/blog/2010/05...i-case-anyone/

My weblog is The Wired Jester.
Photos on Flickr.
Sifter3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2010, 03:01   #2
Naberius
Multimodder

Naberius has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Its always good to see new companies entering into the market. The current line-up is a bit limited for what I need, but maybe future cases will offer the extra space I need for hdd's.
Naberius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2010, 08:51   #3
Taffy
Folding for Margaret 17/3/2011 RIP

Taffy has yet to learn the way of the DremelTaffy has yet to learn the way of the DremelTaffy has yet to learn the way of the DremelTaffy has yet to learn the way of the DremelTaffy has yet to learn the way of the DremelTaffy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I need to build a video capture & record unit, these cases look interesting, all I need in it is a mobo with integrated graphics, minimum memory and a large HDD, the optical can be external
Old 31st May 2010, 09:14   #4
13eightyfour
Formerly Titanium Angel

13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.
What exactly do they have patent for? The idea of stackable cases? or is there some kind of proprietary connector system between the units?
13eightyfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2010, 09:21   #5
eldiablo
Multimodder

eldiablo has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Nice little bunch of cases, but how about cooling on the MU-380. I know you wont be putting much in these cases but the only holes i see are those miniscule holes towards the back.
eldiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2010, 10:44   #6
PQuiff
Supermodder

PQuiff has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Hell yes! MOAR!!!!!
PQuiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2010, 11:10   #7
jrs77
theorycrafting

jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I stumbled over this case a year ago.... different manufacturer tho, but exactly the same...

http://www.nesteq.net/gb/products/cases/ms550/

Asians copying stuff again I guess... LOL

Stop using your smartphone as much and look up!
jrs77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2010, 11:35   #8
Grimloon
Usually bugnuts

Grimloon can run CrysisGrimloon can run CrysisGrimloon can run CrysisGrimloon can run CrysisGrimloon can run CrysisGrimloon can run CrysisGrimloon can run CrysisGrimloon can run CrysisGrimloon can run Crysis
I definitely like the idea of the modular mini ITX case. Shame about the cabling situation but it should be possible to modify them slightly to make matters a touch more tidy.
Grimloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2010, 13:03   #9
Groovedude
Hypermodder

Groovedude is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitGroovedude is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitGroovedude is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitGroovedude is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitGroovedude is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitGroovedude is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitGroovedude is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitGroovedude is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitGroovedude is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitGroovedude is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitGroovedude is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
pricing?
Old 31st May 2010, 16:03   #10
bradders2125
Supermodder

bradders2125 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I was playing around with an idea like this in sketchup last year.

DEATH TO CONSOLIFICATION!!!
bradders2125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2010, 16:04   #11
stonedsurd
Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Bollocks to the modular nonsense. I just like the way it looks.
Old 31st May 2010, 17:31   #12
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs77
I stumbled over this case a year ago.... different manufacturer tho, but exactly the same...

I emailed them to clarify the position. That's more than just similar.
Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2010, 20:30   #13
FelixTech
Robot

FelixTech has yet to learn the way of the DremelFelixTech has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
jrs77, case detective.

I suppose any sort of foot to roof cabling system would require messy circular blankers for the top unit. Unless they sold the lids separately...
Old 31st May 2010, 20:48   #14
jrs77
theorycrafting

jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groovedude View Post
pricing?
The one from NesteQ sets you back some 80-90 bucks. Link for Germany -> http://www.alternate.de/html/product...sktop+%26+HTPC, but they deliver to all over Europe.

Oh, and the NesteQ MS550 was mentioned here on BitTech in a comment on the Zotac H55-ITX review aswell I found out...

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showpost....0&postcount=62

Stop using your smartphone as much and look up!
jrs77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2010, 20:59   #15
VipersGratitude
I *am* a Dremel

VipersGratitude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.VipersGratitude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.VipersGratitude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.VipersGratitude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.VipersGratitude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.VipersGratitude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.VipersGratitude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.VipersGratitude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.VipersGratitude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.VipersGratitude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.VipersGratitude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs77 View Post

Again, haven't m-Cubed/HFX been doing a stackable m-ITX range for about 2 years?
VipersGratitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2010, 23:22   #16
FelixTech
Robot

FelixTech has yet to learn the way of the DremelFelixTech has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Having the top section rather than the base as the compulsory bit as in the HFX range would mean you know that everyone has one filled in top and the rest will have something on them, allowing for an interesting cabling solution. Not sure if they actually do any cabling through the feet though...
Old 1st Jun 2010, 10:03   #17
rickysio
N900 | HJE900

rickysio has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
For true hi-fi, use these for case feet.
http://www.google.com.sg/images?hl=e...og&sa=N&tab=wi
rickysio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Jun 2010, 16:48   #18
BLC
Something witty goes here

BLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Looks like a very nice case. I would imagine that you'd need some pretty good hardware in there for it to function well as an HTPC and that would imply some possible cooling issues... Looks very nice though.

As with all things, price would be the killer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindibadgi View Post
I emailed them to clarify the position. That's more than just similar.
Having seen that link, I concur!

PS, just a minor grammar point...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Article
One of the nicest - and smallest mini-ITX cases we've seen comes from Taiwanese company Lutec's retail brand, SEED
Should that not read:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Article
One of the nicest - and smallest - mini-ITX cases we've seen comes from Taiwanese company Lutec's retail brand, SEED
BLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Sep 2010, 08:16   #19
blackworx
Cable Wrangler

blackworx has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The MA-280B was reviewed over at silentpcreview about a year ago and they didn't think it was much cop. These new ones look a bit more promising though.
blackworx is offline   Reply With Quote