bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 4th Jun 2010, 15:56   #1
Claave
You Rebel scum

Claave has yet to learn the way of the DremelClaave has yet to learn the way of the DremelClaave has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Cooler Master's Elite 430 targets Antec Three Hundred

Cooler Master is aiming right at the heart of the budget case market with its latest Elite 430. The black case is designed to take on the very popular Antec Three Hundred, and should certainly give it a run for its money in terms of build quality and use of space...

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardwar...ts-antec-300/1

Win more things with CPC and bit-tech
Claave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jun 2010, 16:12   #2
mi1ez
Game Boy Modder

mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Theme of Computex: Ugly PC cases!
mi1ez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jun 2010, 16:19   #3
wuyanxu
still wants Homeworld 3

wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mi1ez View Post
indeed.

where are the sleek cases. ask Antec to try again with their p183's exterior look.
Old 4th Jun 2010, 16:19   #4
Zero_UK
Hypermodder

Zero_UK is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zero_UK is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zero_UK is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zero_UK is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zero_UK is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zero_UK is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zero_UK is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zero_UK is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zero_UK is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zero_UK is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zero_UK is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I like aggressive cases. I think their interesting.

But I do have a Stacker 832.
Zero_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jun 2010, 16:24   #5
CharlO
Multimodder

CharlO has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Why not 140 fans in the roof, the two 120 de-centered look really awful. And so does the front plate. If I Could get the one from the Antec 300 with the two fans with dors. That would be THE rocking mini tower. (If anyone mods it that way, was MY idea.) Still loving my Antec 300
CharlO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jun 2010, 16:38   #6
rickysio
N900 | HJE900

rickysio has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The two fan mounts on the roof should be closer - it could allow for a 2X120rad.
rickysio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jun 2010, 16:44   #7
RedFlames
is not KidMod

RedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming Saiyan
it's not antec 200/600 ugly... but close... I'll stick to using 300s methinks...

RedFlames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jun 2010, 16:50   #8
13eightyfour
Formerly Titanium Angel

13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.
would somebody really be looking for a budget case to house their tri sli 480's?

its not the ugliest case ive seen, but from the front it has the look of a cheap 'gaming' case imo
13eightyfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jun 2010, 17:06   #9
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13eightyfour
would somebody really be looking for a budget case to house their tri sli 480's?

its not the ugliest case ive seen, but from the front it has the look of a cheap 'gaming' case imo
Many PC Gamers.

Cheap mobo, cheap case, cheap PSU + tons of fans and graphics = typical scenario for the uninformed at LAN parties I've seen.
Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jun 2010, 17:20   #10
13eightyfour
Formerly Titanium Angel

13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindibadgi View Post
Many PC Gamers.

Cheap mobo, cheap case, cheap PSU + tons of fans and graphics = typical scenario for the uninformed at LAN parties I've seen.
When you put it like that i suppose it makes sense. How long before we see no name 1200w PSUs
13eightyfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jun 2010, 17:41   #11
Jipa
Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Jipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run Crysis
Can't compete with the Three Hundred with those pesky quick locks on the drive bays. Seems they aren't too impressed with the locks even themselves, seeing they still used screws to mount the hard drive

The gaming case markets are so damn over crowded a case really needs to pack something extra and do everything right to stand from the crowd. By the looks of it, this is just another generic chassis.
Old 4th Jun 2010, 17:47   #12
FelixTech
Robot

FelixTech has yet to learn the way of the DremelFelixTech has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuyanxu
where are the sleek cases. ask Antec to try again with their p183's exterior look.
I think airflow is becoming more of an issue, so there are more and more holes/vents/meshes, which mean less sleekness. Although the designers tastes don't seem to help either :P
Old 4th Jun 2010, 18:13   #13
pimonserry
sounds like a party.

pimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Too cramped, just like the Antec 300.

I have 3 HDDs, a 4870, a TX750 and there is no room to manoeuvre at all.

+REP ME FOR BEING WONDERFUL
pimonserry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jun 2010, 18:16   #14
Teh C
Arg

Teh C has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
it looks both crampt and untidy
Teh C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jun 2010, 19:48   #15
Furymouse
Like connect 4 in dagger terms

Furymouse has yet to learn the way of the DremelFurymouse has yet to learn the way of the DremelFurymouse has yet to learn the way of the DremelFurymouse has yet to learn the way of the DremelFurymouse has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I do like how black it is. ( thinks about powder coating his p182 )
Old 4th Jun 2010, 21:53   #16
GravitySmacked
Mostly Harmless

GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mi1ez View Post
Yep.

GravitySmacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jun 2010, 22:22   #17
Anfield
Hypermodder

Anfield is definitely a rep cheat.Anfield is definitely a rep cheat.Anfield is definitely a rep cheat.Anfield is definitely a rep cheat.Anfield is definitely a rep cheat.Anfield is definitely a rep cheat.Anfield is definitely a rep cheat.Anfield is definitely a rep cheat.Anfield is definitely a rep cheat.Anfield is definitely a rep cheat.Anfield is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlO
Why not 140 fans in the roof, the two 120 de-centered look really awful.
If it would be different there would be a problem with mainboards that have PWM heatsinks at the top of the board like for example the Gigabyte UD5 Intel boards or the Asus P6X58D Premium.
Anfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jun 2010, 01:11   #18
Cupboard
I'm not a modder.

Cupboard has yet to learn the way of the DremelCupboard has yet to learn the way of the DremelCupboard has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Having put my computer in a case with sideways facing hard drive caddies, it is so useful. Makes adding the drives so much easier, along with the cable routing.

It can't surely add *that* much to the cost?
Old 5th Jun 2010, 01:14   #19
pimonserry
sounds like a party.

pimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I think the case has to be wider for sideways HDD cages. I wish the 300 had them

+REP ME FOR BEING WONDERFUL
pimonserry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jun 2010, 02:21   #20
general22
Multimodder

general22 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Antec 300 is a terrible case and it is cheap for a reason, this looks slightly less cramped though.
general22 is offline   Reply With Quote