bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 8th Jun 2010, 20:06   #1
NuTech
Mod Master

NuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run Crysis
New Mortal Kombat something..?

This awesome Mortal Kombat short film is making the rounds. Nobody knows for sure if it's a new movie (doubtful) or new game (with E3 looming, highly likely). Either way, the trailer is awesome. Due to the minor movie stars, it's definitely not fan made.

Site Link: http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...er-explained/1

Last edited by CardJoe; 9th Jun 2010 at 10:42. Reason: Thread hijacked for forum tidiness
NuTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jun 2010, 20:20   #2
KrunchR
Supermodder

KrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitKrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitKrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitKrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitKrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitKrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitKrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitKrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitKrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitKrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitKrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Hole E Crap.

I cant wait for this!

7of 9 is Sonya Blade!

But my KnuckleDuster makes a Return!

For sale! lian li pc7
KrunchR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jun 2010, 20:27   #3
Gunsmith
Maximum Win

Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.
production values are too high to be a game, deffo looks like a film
Gunsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jun 2010, 20:35   #4
NuTech
Mod Master

NuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunsmith View Post
production values are too high to be a game, deffo looks like a film
That's what I initially thought, but short films to promote games are all the rage lately (Halo, Assassins Creed 2, Red Dead Redemption etc).

If it was an actual feature length movie, I just doubt they would promote it like this.
Old 8th Jun 2010, 20:38   #5
Fizzban
Man of Many Typos

Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.
Oh wow. I hope this is for a film.

To win the battle, is to be prepared to die - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFlames View Post
Asking to pick between the main parties is like asking which testicle you want to be kicked in, you're gonna get kicked the nuts whoever you pick... Just have to hope whoever you pick aren't wearing steelies...
Fizzban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jun 2010, 20:41   #6
D-Cyph3r
Gay for Yunosuke

D-Cyph3r has yet to learn the way of the DremelD-Cyph3r has yet to learn the way of the DremelD-Cyph3r has yet to learn the way of the DremelD-Cyph3r has yet to learn the way of the DremelD-Cyph3r has yet to learn the way of the DremelD-Cyph3r has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Film fo sure. And with Jeri Ryan featuring it's already worth watching.

1 of the cleanest Micro-ATX builds you'll see incoming...
D-Cyph3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jun 2010, 20:49   #7
Rkiver
Cybernetic Spine

Rkiver has yet to learn the way of the DremelRkiver has yet to learn the way of the DremelRkiver has yet to learn the way of the DremelRkiver has yet to learn the way of the DremelRkiver has yet to learn the way of the DremelRkiver has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
If that's a full movie, I want to see it.
Old 8th Jun 2010, 22:03   #8
knuck
Hate your face

knuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
always a little cheesy to hear characters call each other by their game names but the trailer is really well made. I like how they took drastic decisions like killing johnny cage and making scorpion somewhat of a good guy (he's not on the villain's side after all)

really cool
| Intel i7 4770K | 12GB DDR3 2000 | Asus Maximus VI Hero | 2xGTX 570 | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | 10.5TB total | Seasonic X-1250 | Auzentech Bravura X-Fi | Fractal Design Define R3 XL | Corsair H50 | BenQ XL2420T 120Hz |
knuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jun 2010, 22:25   #9
goldstar0011
I *am* a Dremel

goldstar0011 is definitely a rep cheat.goldstar0011 is definitely a rep cheat.goldstar0011 is definitely a rep cheat.goldstar0011 is definitely a rep cheat.goldstar0011 is definitely a rep cheat.goldstar0011 is definitely a rep cheat.goldstar0011 is definitely a rep cheat.goldstar0011 is definitely a rep cheat.goldstar0011 is definitely a rep cheat.goldstar0011 is definitely a rep cheat.goldstar0011 is definitely a rep cheat.
There's been loadsa rumours of a MK reboot but keeps getting shutdown, as much as that was a kickass video the stars aren't exactly top names (better than original cast though),

I reckon either a video to help reboot the movie or even the games, the story is too "real life" to be a follow on game
goldstar0011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jun 2010, 22:59   #10
liratheal
Sharing is caring

liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Michael Jai White should be forever banned from saying "assassin", but yes, that looks like one badass setup, movie or game.

I'd prefer a movie, though.

Also: MJW was going to be Jax, but New Line snagged him for Spawn - Could well be a movie.
Focus RS Mk1; Build number 1506
liratheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jun 2010, 02:32   #11
ccxo
On top of a hill

ccxo is definitely a rep cheat.ccxo is definitely a rep cheat.ccxo is definitely a rep cheat.ccxo is definitely a rep cheat.ccxo is definitely a rep cheat.ccxo is definitely a rep cheat.ccxo is definitely a rep cheat.ccxo is definitely a rep cheat.ccxo is definitely a rep cheat.ccxo is definitely a rep cheat.ccxo is definitely a rep cheat.
Hopefully a film, though new game wont be bad either.
ccxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jun 2010, 09:34   #12
Hiren
mind control

Hiren is definitely a rep cheat.Hiren is definitely a rep cheat.Hiren is definitely a rep cheat.Hiren is definitely a rep cheat.Hiren is definitely a rep cheat.Hiren is definitely a rep cheat.Hiren is definitely a rep cheat.Hiren is definitely a rep cheat.Hiren is definitely a rep cheat.Hiren is definitely a rep cheat.Hiren is definitely a rep cheat.
I think it's a "proof of concept" for a movie, Warner got the rights to MK a few years ago and it's been rumored a reboot has been on the cards since. Here's hoping something gets announced soon!
Old 9th Jun 2010, 10:01   #13
NuTech
Mod Master

Okay, so Kotaku has confirmed (via Jeri Ryan's twitter) that this is a 'treatment' for a non-existent movie. The director basically fronted the money (and called in a lot of favours) to make a short movie in hopes of convincing WB of his vision in order to get financing for a full MK reboot.

No word yet how WB reacted, but considering that the video made it to the internet, it's not looking good (treatments are usually kept under lock and key while being shopped around).

You guys might remember another similar treatment that appeared on the internet last year, for a British retro-futuristic/sci-fi/heist series called Slingers. Received a huge amount of attention but unfortunately, it never made it into development.

Last edited by NuTech; 9th Jun 2010 at 11:35.
NuTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jun 2010, 10:42   #14
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I've updated this thread based on the news story at the front, leaving original content but including links. +Rep to NuTech

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jun 2010, 10:44   #15
popcornuk1983
Cake or Death?

popcornuk1983 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
"Deep Space Nine actress Jeri Ryan"? Tut tut she was in Voyager. I'm not even a trekkie and I know it wasn't deep space nine!

Movie in this format would be saaweeeet!!
Old 9th Jun 2010, 11:15   #16
neocleous
Supermodder

neocleous is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.neocleous is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.neocleous is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.neocleous is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.neocleous is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.neocleous is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.neocleous is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.neocleous is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.neocleous is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.neocleous is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.neocleous is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Instead of WB deciding to make it shouldn't they ask us if we want them to make seeing as its us who are going to pay to watch the film and general feeling on You Tube is positive.

I for one would watch it if they made it.
neocleous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jun 2010, 11:19   #17
Marc5002
Minimodder

Marc5002 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
THE ONE WHO SAID Jeri Ryan Is From Deep Space nine to Mass Give the Source of information is DEAD wrong : Jeri Ryan if Seven of Nine (Season 4-7 Voyager) She was a Drone Without humanity inside

But There one thing both Deep Space nine & Voyager are Linked to the same Stellar date : 2371 to 2378
Expect Deep space 9 was under construction when the captain Kathryn Janeway was In the Quadran Delta a unexplored area of space by the Alliance & Starfleet Federation :

thus the Deep space nine take time in 2373-2375 only two year as pass in the universe Time line while Voyager 7 Long Year with a goal return to earth within a pacific and the directive of Star fleet

But Yeah This movie seem to be really in making it called mortal Kombat Rebirth But I'm not sure if they changed the story of sub-zero vs scorpion and does explain why
Marc5002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jun 2010, 11:25   #18
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc5002
THE ONE WHO SAID Jeri Ryan Is From Deep Space nine to Mass Give the Source of information is DEAD wrong : Jeri Ryan if Seven of Nine (Season 4-7 Voyager) She was a Drone Without humanity insidey
My bad. I know all the facts, I just had a brain fart and turned Seven of Nine into Deep Space Nine. The part of me which used to be a really big Trekkie is now ashamed, but at least the article is corrected.

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jun 2010, 11:28   #19
KrunchR
Supermodder

KrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitKrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitKrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitKrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitKrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitKrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitKrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitKrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitKrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitKrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitKrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Oh how I miss Voyager so.

But my KnuckleDuster makes a Return!

For sale! lian li pc7
KrunchR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jun 2010, 11:31   #20
NuTech
Mod Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by neocleous View Post
Instead of WB deciding to make it shouldn't they ask us if we want them to make seeing as its us who are going to pay to watch the film and general feeling on You Tube is positive.

I for one would watch it if they made it.
Doesn't really work like that I'm afraid. At most they'll get a few thousand fans responding, which doesn't mean anything to WB. I'm sure they're paying attention to the 'buzz' on the internet, but lets be honest, the internet will buzz for just about anything.

If it does get green-lit you can guarantee one thing, Jeri Ryan won't play Sonya Blade. The studio will most likely think she's too old and doesn't appeal to teenagers. Instead expect some vapid model/'actress' who couldn't act her way out of a paper bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc5002 View Post
THE ONE WHO SAID Jeri Ryan Is From Deep Space nine to Mass Give the Source of information is DEAD wrong : Jeri Ryan if Seven of Nine (Season 4-7 Voyager) She was a Drone Without humanity inside

But There one thing both Deep Space nine & Voyager are Linked to the same Stellar date : 2371 to 2378
Expect Deep space 9 was under construction when the captain Kathryn Janeway was In the Quadran Delta a unexplored area of space by the Alliance & Starfleet Federation :

thus the Deep space nine take time in 2373-2375 only two year as pass in the universe Time line while Voyager 7 Long Year with a goal return to earth within a pacific and the directive of Star fleet

But Yeah This movie seem to be really in making it called mortal Kombat Rebirth But I'm not sure if they changed the story of sub-zero vs scorpion and does explain why
100% pure unadulterated nerd rage.

View Mode