Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

View Poll Results: Simple paint or aluminum engraving
Simple powder coating 10 29.41%
Aluminum engraving with circle based designs and then powder coating 24 70.59%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 9th Jun 2010, 11:57   #1
AnG3L
Ultimate Modder

AnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run Crysis
Project : Future Schlock by AnG3L (15/October Let the bench Saga begin!!)

Hello my friends again, I am back for another project, the third in a row!
This time the project is based on a book by Mr.Robert Krakoff, founder and president of Razer.
The book is based on the year 2047 so expect a lot of lazer and cnc machines
and also a neat and clean look. More on the plans later on! Now some things about the
story of this book.

Intro - Presentation of book

Book synopsis:
"The story follows two Polish laborers, three nominees for President, five Naval Admirals, an ambitious Minister
of Finance for the African Union, and a beautiful Masai woman, through a much-changed world during a cutthroat
fight for the Presidency in 2047.
By the year 2047, the global landscape is ruled by world banks, Wall Street and mega-corporations. The leading
world governments have merged into massive Continental Unions. Even the USA is now the Union of Federated
Americas (UFA), incorporating the US, Canada and Mexico.
As such, the UFA finds that it's lost its foot-hold as a world leader, and fallen to forth power position behind the
Asian Union, European Union and the emerging African Union. The three candidates for the Presidency of the
UFA vie for their party’s nomination through fiercely competitive means, some honest, direct, cunning and
deceitful. All carry the banner to bring the country back to #1 position.
The leading candidates for President of the North American Continent in 2047 are a 300-pound black family
man, a bachelor exercise and computer geek with war aspirations, and an Hispanic Obama-wanna-be with a
flair for Coca Cola-like marketing.
The story portrays the world shifts in geopolitical, human and ethical reforms in the first half of the 21st century.
Cars run on pig-excrement, education is delivered by Starbucks, computers regulate everything, including
nutrition. The next battle for civil rights wages between the obese and the non-obese.
As natural resources within the UFA dwindle, for the first time in history, the African continent emerges as a
major power. To handle demands for its resources, Africa starts a massive foreign worker program. In an effort
to out-pace corporate greed learned in American graduate schools, the African ministers cut costs with their
worker program. Internet rumors circulate that white slavery is alive and thriving in Africa.
Each candidate wants to use the crisis for their own campaign advantage, but each bungle in their own way.
The characters are comical, poignant and imperfect as they strive for their personal power or peace."

Last edited by AnG3L; 15th Oct 2010 at 14:08.
AnG3L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jun 2010, 11:57   #2
AnG3L
Ultimate Modder

AnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run Crysis
Major Sponsors:

Sponsors:

Last edited by AnG3L; 9th Aug 2010 at 10:49.
Old 9th Jun 2010, 12:06   #3
AnG3L
Ultimate Modder

My previous projects and info about me:

My name is Alex aka AnG3L and I am into case modding since
2004. I officially started posting my work at 2009, with my Project : AnG3L

Recently I also finished Case Mod Project : Totechnika.
The mod was based on Native Indian's culture and its build of wood,
aluminum, steel and acrylic.

Plans and designs for Project : Future Schlock

I ve been working for 2 months, 12 hours a day on those plans. I was between a very complicated and extreme mod and also a neat and clean mod.
I based my idea on the future, as the books theme. So I wonder my self. How the future is going to look like? Oh scary and also mystery. So? Gothic.
I had to combine both elements from the book and also from the future.

My theory is that each generation has its own design patterns. Remember the sixties and seventies. Flowers, many colors, peace signs etc.
Also there are design patterns from older generations that are repeated in the new ages like the tribalism. Tribal designs on tattoos, appliques, clothes etc.

So I came up with the geometrical element of the future. The Circle. I ve been studying the circle theory for many years now and that was the key for me
to begin design my mod. Building the case based on the circular theory was impossible. I would end at a huge and not functional case. So I desided
to start drawing designs for the air ventilation holes and also for the radiator grills. That wasnt an easy task at all. I had to make something new and also develop
it because I couldnt use the same pattern in all of the rad grills and ventilation points.

The case had to be as neat and functional as possible. I wanted to use 140 mm fans on the front and also on the back side of the case do I had to design the case
in a matter that I could fit those fans and also create 2 sections with enough room for 2X 240 mm radiators and 1 360 radiator. The bottom section had to be taller than
any other case because my theory with the aluminum is:
If a aluminum is next or near to heat source ( psu, rads) it accommodates the heat, making the air circulation inside the case hotter.

Also the case has been planned in order to have a lot of room for cable management, lots of ventilation strategically placed for maximum heat dissipation and also
a 5 bay rom with special department for reservoir and pump. Also I will work with Mr.Chris Kozis on the acrylic parts to create a reservoir and many other things that
I will show later on.

Plans

Design concept - Circular theory ( http://www.circular-theory.com/circle)

What is the circular theory?

The circle is the basic entity, process, and system that produces and explains all

entities, processes, and systems.

o

the circle circles

circle = relationship = opposition

= observation = movement = reproduction = dimension = gravity =

absolute = infinite = intelligence = relativity

an

abstract = concrete = hidden = showing

entity = process = system

1=2=3

a still circle produces a moving circle

which produces (is), always, a circle of circles

which reduces (expands) to (is), always, one circle

circle is entity and process (noun and verb) producing subject and object,

singular and plural

there is a circle between noun and verb (subject and object, singular and plural)

this is the circular theory (circularity is reality)

We see the circle (at least) twice every day: it is the outline, or form, of both

sun and moon. We are standing on a circle that is traveling in a circle, around a

circle that is traveling in another circle. We live in a circle (even though it

looks like a square), we drive on four circles, we eat trillions of circles to

survive, and we wrap ourselves in various circles for protection. Reproduction, sex

and the family are all based on the circle. We see the circle in weather, seasons,

DNA, molecules and atoms. We see it in the jiggling Brownian motion of particles,

and in the rotation and revolution of planets and stars.

Last edited by AnG3L; 9th Jun 2010 at 12:45.
Old 9th Jun 2010, 12:25   #4
Raiden
Portuguese reviewer

Raiden has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Hahahah here it is Angel back again!

Why manjor sponsors and sponsors???

All are sponsors are important altougth some support you with expensive parts, sorry but i only disagree with you in that, keep the great work my friend
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jun 2010, 12:47   #5
AnG3L
Ultimate Modder

Now lets take a sneak peek on the project plans and designs:

First of all the case simple first plans:

I am going to use 15mm x 15mm aluminum bar to create 2 frames. One for the bottom and one for the top.
I will attach them using 2 pcs of 20mm x 20mm aluminum bars and also the back plate of the case.
2 aluminum angles 20mm x 20mm on the front also will be used and at the end the top and bottom aluminum sheet
will be added:

Here are the designs I ve been talking about:

The radgrills:

Top 360:

Front air vent:

240 side:

Reservoir cover for front:

Power and restart button and usb housing:

The main color theme of the case will be black and silver. The radiator grills etc will be from 2mm stainless steel.

Stay tuned for more, nice to be back again, wish me good luck guys!

Last edited by AnG3L; 9th Jun 2010 at 13:06.
Old 9th Jun 2010, 13:52   #7
Fabou
Supermodder

Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
That seem to be badass grill. Can't wait for a start. (evevn if I would have loved a big useless circular case).
I really like your comment mate I wish I could express myself like this too! Thanks buddy!!
Fabou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jun 2010, 14:00   #8
stonedsurd
Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Concept designs look very promising. Are you going to give us rendered previews, or surprise us as you go along?
Old 9th Jun 2010, 14:10   #9
AnG3L
Ultimate Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabou View Post
That seem to be badass grill. Can't wait for a start. (evevn if I would have loved a big useless circular case).
Thanks buddy! LoL big useless circular case for the win - cheesecake

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonedsurd View Post
Concept designs look very promising. Are you going to give us rendered previews, or surprise us as you go along?
Thanks buddy! You know me, I always keep some things for surprise !!! Stay tuned I ll do my best again
Old 9th Jun 2010, 14:42   #10
AnG3L
Ultimate Modder

2d plans also up soon!! Stay tuned!
Old 9th Jun 2010, 14:55   #11
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Woo hoo, your mods kick major booty AnG3L , look forward to seeing this progress subbed .
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jun 2010, 15:05   #12
Combatus
Custom PC/bit-tech modding sections

Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.
We're at the start of another journey! Looking forward to this one Alexis! Good luck!
Is the res loud, like, constantly making you need a piss loud?
Combatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jun 2010, 15:09   #13
AnG3L
Ultimate Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
Woo hoo, your mods kick major booty AnG3L , look forward to seeing this progress subbed .
LoL thanks brother your comment made me smile!! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combatus View Post
We're at the start of another journey! Looking forward to this one Alexis! Good luck!
Yes Antony my friend, thanks for your wishes I really need them as always! Peace
Old 9th Jun 2010, 21:12   #14
AnG3L
Ultimate Modder

Now lets take a sneak peek in some of the many 2d plans .
These are just a portion of what is meant to come.
Many parts will be cut with laser(aluminum, stainless steel), some others (acrylic) with CNC machines.

The dotted lines are the bending points. I will use press bending machines to achieve the
best as I currently dont have a press brake capable of such accuracy.

So lets move on with some of the main case parts.
This is the front panel. It will be composed by an aluminum piece and
attached to that a black glossy acrylic. Mind that the case will be painted
black matte. At the right is the acrylic piece.
On the aluminum piece I will attach the stainless steel front intake by using M4 screws.
Every hole, every screw it has been planned from before. Even the sizes, the different pressure points for maximum durability and functionality.

Next is the bottom and top part.
At the left side its the top part. You can see the 360 radiator hole which I planned a draw in
a way that only the fins of the radiator will be visible and not any other metal part like the
fan connections. Also there is a hole for the fillport which it will be connected directly to the 3bay reservoir.
At the right side is the bottom part. You can see the ventilation holes, between them there
is a part where I will pass through some cables so I didnt want to cut a useless ventilation there. The 2 radiators will face sideways blowing air from inside the case to the outside so
the ventilation will work in a way that the fans could draw air from underneath too and also from the front of the case.

Here is the back part of the case or however you can call it You can see that even the air ventilation are following the same pattern I created for that case mod. Every drawing is based on the circle.
This part is being designed in order to fit a 140 mm fan also with enough room between the PSU and the divider for the reasons I explained at the beginning of this worklog.

Next is the bay rom. Is designed in order to fit one dvd - blu-ray rom, one fan controller (hole for fan cables to pass through the side) and I left space for a 3bay reservoir and the pump which it will be behind the res.
You can see the designs again. It was so difficult to draw so many designs and make them harmonize together perfectly.

Here is the hdd and ssd cage. It has being designed in order to fit 2X ssd's and 3 hard drives.
In my theory in the future that would be the maximum for a pc enthusiast as the hdd's will come with huge capacity and you wont need more than 2 ssd's.
Its a futuristic design but I prefer to show you in real life how its going to look so stay tuned!

And the most simple thing last. The front fan holder. Designed for 2x 140 mm fans

There are many many more but I prefer to start working in real life and take pictures for you!
Till next time, stay tuned and peace to all of you!
Old 9th Jun 2010, 21:43   #15
Nicksen
Danish Kid :D

Nicksen has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Looking forward for the start ^^
Nicksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jun 2010, 21:58   #16
Watchtown
Modder

Watchtown has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Already back in your element, can't wait for the building to take part.

*Bookmarked*
Watchtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jun 2010, 22:23   #17
AnG3L
Ultimate Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicksen View Post
Looking forward for the start ^^
Many more to come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchtown View Post
Already back in your element, can't wait for the building to take part.

*Bookmarked*
You spoke the truth man! This is my element, creation, I feel alive! Thanks man!
Old 10th Jun 2010, 03:24   #18
Shadow703793
Supermodder

Shadow703793 has yet to learn the way of the DremelShadow703793 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
'Scribed!
Shadow703793 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jun 2010, 10:29   #19
Attila
still thinking....

Attila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for president
Wow AnG3L, this is completely different from your last two projects. Will be
following this and looking forward to seeing it evolve. Good luck.
Old 10th Jun 2010, 11:45   #20
AnG3L
Ultimate Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow703793 View Post
'Scribed!
Thanks man!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnewby View Post
Wow AnG3L, this is completely different from your last two projects. Will be
following this and looking forward to seeing it evolve. Good luck.
Attila my honor to have you here commenting! Yes its completely different I wanted to combine art with my "industrial" skills lol ! More soon!

View Mode