Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

View Poll Results: Simple paint or aluminum engraving
Simple powder coating 10 29.41%
Aluminum engraving with circle based designs and then powder coating 24 70.59%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 9th Jul 2010, 12:56   #241
AnG3L
Ultimate Modder

AnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run Crysis
Gestalt psychology this is the psychological term of this I think! When you see an image and your mind translates that to a different object or image. You are not going nuts this is normal happens to all the people!! Peace
AnG3L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jul 2010, 16:42   #242
ModaRobby
Supermodder

ModaRobby has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Side panels and many more? I see no side panels...
Old 9th Jul 2010, 21:55   #244
LooseNeutral
this Avatar stays till I get bored

LooseNeutral has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnG3L View Post
Gestalt psychology this is the psychological term of this I think! When you see an image and your mind translates that to a different object or image. You are not going nuts this is normal happens to all the people!! Peace
Who said I was normal! LOL
LooseNeutral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jul 2010, 22:16   #245
AnG3L
Ultimate Modder

AnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run Crysis
LoL why not then!
Old 10th Jul 2010, 01:42   #246
ModaRobby
Supermodder

ModaRobby has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Lol Bit-tech is telling me that the post from July 8th are from "Yesterday". I'll read it over again.
Old 10th Jul 2010, 09:43   #247
AnG3L
Ultimate Modder

LoL no worries matey happened to me before ;P
Old 12th Jul 2010, 13:26   #248
AnG3L
Ultimate Modder

Time for one more update guys!
First of all I finished the hdd cage. I went to my friend Chris Kozis for the acrylics and he cut me on the CNC some parts so I could work and the most complicated parts we let them for later as I was going back to glue the reservoir and bend some other pieces.

Countersinking and testing the screws if they fit perfectly.

Perfect fit!!!!!

So now its time to attach the bottom part. I used black acrylic and I also draw some circles NOT for aesthetic reason but to remove unnecessary material and extra weight. I did that in every part of the case I could , like the right side panel etc in order to decrease the overall weight of this mod!

Some masking tape to mark the holes.

And drilled!

Threads and testing the size of the screw so I will remove the extra part.

Perfect fit and looks

Cut the screws for the ssd holders. The ssd holders as you might notice, they can be moved forward and backwards for almost 1 cm, that might come in handy while I am going to do the cable management.

Ssd attached on the holder.

Using nuts to hold the screws and holder and also to be able to loose them a little and move the holder and position it whenever I want.

Went back to Mr.Kozis workshop to finish the rest. I wanted to have the reservoir glued and put together by an expert cause I didnt have the proper glue and also the experience to make it as clean as possible. I also couldnt afford to do any mistakes and ruin the looks of this mod.

First I did the threads in my place and then go to Kozis to do the rest.

Here is Arman in action! One of the best in my country when it comes to gluing and putting together any acrylic creation. He was working in a jewelery shop for many years so you can understand!

Here is the creation of the acrylic which it will have 2 channels that the liquid will pass through. Unfortunately after when I glued that my camera was at a friends house so I couldnt take any pictures.

Here is Dimitris the expert on CNC machines and also in the designing department. Just tell him your idea and he will draw and execute it in no time!

Here is the most time consuming part. This is as you might notice the flag used in the front page of the book my mod is based on. This is not going to be the final look but I will not tell you what I plan to do, it will be a surprise!

Some shots of the cnc.

Here is the reservoir finished. At first I planned a complicated design but later on I decided
on something simple and neat just not to overdo it at the end.

Here is the faceplate I designed that I will attach later on.

And here is the acrylic thing I did, sorry I dunno any name for that so please if anyone knows let me know. It will transfer the liquid from the rad to cpu and from the north bridge back to res.
I used some slow epoxy to make sure it will be secure and have no leaks.
This will be painted so I didnt care if it will be messy from the glue. Beside I will sand it and paint it later on.

1 and a half hour for sanding. Perfect finish and ready for some paint later on though!

Here is the second front panel which it will be "sandwiched" between the front aluminum part and the case. Some minor polishing and sanding and also did the threads for the screws.

Thats all for now guys, thanks for reading my thread and appreciating my work. Till next time, peace!!!

A special thanks to my sponsors:

Old 12th Jul 2010, 13:59   #249
Blooddrunken
In Flames we Trust

Blooddrunken has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
great update Angel!
I like the HDD Cage even more.
Blooddrunken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Jul 2010, 14:06   #250
AnG3L
Ultimate Modder

Thanks my friend, many things will change and many more to add!
Old 12th Jul 2010, 14:46   #251
The boy 4rm oz
Project: Elegant-Li

The boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Excellent work on the res mate, looks awesome, as does that side panel etching . The HDD rack is also looking particularly awesome . I am really going to miss this mod when I leave for holidays tomorrow, I don't think I can last 3 weeks .
Project: LEXA FINISHED MOTM Nominee October 08
The boy 4rm oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Jul 2010, 15:17   #252
matt...
Slacker

matt... has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmatt... has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmatt... has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmatt... has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmatt... has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmatt... has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
just loving watching this come together - you must be a magician, you make it all look so easy :-)
Old 12th Jul 2010, 18:52   #253
craigbru
Now... with more CNC!

craigbru has yet to learn the way of the Dremelcraigbru has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This keeps getting better and better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbed13
'to cram everything in the box, you must think outside the box'
craigbru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Jul 2010, 19:30   #254
LooseNeutral
this Avatar stays till I get bored

LooseNeutral has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Great Update!
LooseNeutral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Jul 2010, 20:04   #255
AnG3L
Ultimate Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by The boy 4rm oz View Post
Excellent work on the res mate, looks awesome, as does that side panel etching . The HDD rack is also looking particularly awesome . I am really going to miss this mod when I leave for holidays tomorrow, I don't think I can last 3 weeks .
Thanks J for your nice comments we are going to miss you too, I wish I was in your place! lol
Have a nice time there man and drink a couple (thousand) beers for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt... View Post
just loving watching this come together - you must be a magician, you make it all look so easy :-)
Thanks buddy, ambra katambra hocus pokus moddisimo!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbru View Post
This keeps getting better and better!
Thank you my friend nice to hear that from you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooseNeutral View Post
Great Update!
Thanks dawg!
Old 12th Jul 2010, 22:19   #256
DreadPirateJim
What's a Dremel?

DreadPirateJim has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Hi AnG3L, it's Jim from Corsair here. The case is looking great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnG3L View Post
And here is the acrylic thing I did, sorry I dunno any name for that so please if anyone knows let me know. It will transfer the liquid from the rad to cpu and from the north bridge back to res.
I used some slow epoxy to make sure it will be secure and have no leaks.
This will be painted so I didnt care if it will be messy from the glue. Beside I will sand it and paint it later on.
The English word is "reservoir" (okay, it's a French word that we use in English!).

-=> Jim
DreadPirateJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Jul 2010, 22:47   #257
AnG3L
Ultimate Modder

Nice to have you here Jim my friend, thanks for commenting in my worklog!
Its not the reservoir I was looking for but thanks anyway much appreciated!
Its about the acrylic creation I did (and also first my friend Bodaker) which hosts 2 channels (or more) in order to move the liquid in certain directions! I guess theres no word for it yet as this is something new, guess we have to name it somehow! Thanks again!!!
Old 12th Jul 2010, 23:06   #259
Editor22
E22.BIZ

Editor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run CrysisEditor22 can run Crysis
Really coming on leaps and bounds now Alex Keep it up mate
Editor22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Jul 2010, 23:15   #260
AnG3L
Ultimate Modder

Thanks mate! Nice to hear from you mate where have you been? I mentioned you on my previous update :P

View Mode