bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 11th Jun 2010, 10:37   #1
Sifter3000
I used to be somebody

Sifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
In-Win shows off sound-proof space case

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardwar...f-space-case/1

My weblog is The Wired Jester.
Photos on Flickr.
Sifter3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jun 2010, 10:44   #2
Apocalypso
Fully armed and operational.

Apocalypso - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Apocalypso - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Apocalypso - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Apocalypso - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Apocalypso - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Apocalypso - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Apocalypso - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Apocalypso - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Apocalypso - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Apocalypso - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Apocalypso - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
As long as it keeps my beer cold.
Apocalypso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jun 2010, 11:00   #3
rickysio
N900 | HJE900

rickysio has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I expect some modders to replace the useless back with a Rad.
rickysio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jun 2010, 11:10   #4
mi1ez
Game Boy Modder

mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
I like a big booty, but not a fat PC case!
Old 11th Jun 2010, 11:32   #5
Bakes
Hypermodder

Bakes has yet to learn the way of the DremelBakes has yet to learn the way of the DremelBakes has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickysio
The back is probably not useless, that sort of foam does absorb noise very well. Also, putting a rad with noise-making fans on the back would defeat the purpose of the case.

What I'd say is that silencing usually comes at the price of cooling ability, so I wouldn't want to be putting a high-end rig in this, where the size would call for it.
Bakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jun 2010, 11:37   #6
Jipa
Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Jipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run Crysis
Wouldn't mind giving it a try.
Old 11th Jun 2010, 13:32   #7
kHAn_au
What's a Dremel?

kHAn_au has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
frankley i like it I'd love to have one.
kHAn_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jun 2010, 15:17   #8
DragunovHUN
Go ahead, spell my name wrong.

DragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming Saiyan
No inside shots?

gog.com - Classic videogames, Windows 7 compatible, no DRM, bundled extras, outstanding service. Check it out, get hooked, spread the word!
DragunovHUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jun 2010, 16:53   #9
mrbens
Supermodder

mrbens has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickysio
The back is probably not useless, that sort of foam does absorb noise very well. Also, putting a rad with noise-making fans on the back would defeat the purpose of the case.

What I'd say is that silencing usually comes at the price of cooling ability, so I wouldn't want to be putting a high-end rig in this, where the size would call for it.
If you're liquid cooling your CPU + GPU you won't need a silencing case anyway unless you have 5 hard drives constantly wurring away!

BTW rad fans can be fitted to a fan controller and turned down so you can't hear them and they still cool way better than a noisey HSF at top speed.

Liquid cooling my PC is the best thing I've ever done to it!

Shame my new flatmate has moved his noisey PC in tho
I can't hear the TV properly when he's gaming!
My SilverStone TJ07B PC: Haswell i5 4670K | MSI Z87-G45 Gaming mobo | 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | MSI GTX 760 Twin Frozr 2GB | Seasonic X-Series 750W PSU | Crucial M4 128GB SSD | Crucial M225 128GB SSD | OCZ Solid 3 120GB SSD
Sound: Epiphany Acoustics' E-DAC & O2 Heahphone Amp | Little Dot MK III Tube Headphone Amp | Beyerdynamic DT880 Premium 600ohm Headphones (music) | Onkyo HT-S3305B AV Receiver + 5.1 speakers (movies)
mrbens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jun 2010, 18:24   #10
Bakes
Hypermodder

Bakes has yet to learn the way of the DremelBakes has yet to learn the way of the DremelBakes has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbens View Post
If you're liquid cooling your CPU + GPU you won't need a silencing case anyway unless you have 5 hard drives constantly wurring away!

BTW rad fans can be fitted to a fan controller and turned down so you can't hear them and they still cool way better than a noisey HSF at top speed.

This is more of a concept than anything else, remember. It's designed for total silence, if you want an example of the potential uses of this, it could be useful in a home recording studio, where ultra-sensitive microphones can pick up noise from even the quietest computers.
Old 11th Jun 2010, 20:02   #11
dire_wolf
Last Of The Dovakhiin

dire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for president
I'd buy it, looks like a cool retro data center/scientific type casing. Any chance of a review?
dire_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jun 2010, 22:44   #12
Fabou
Supermodder

Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
All case aren't mean to gaming. With the right component if the case fulfill it's objective you might be able to have one totally silent pc on aircooling.
I really like your comment mate I wish I could express myself like this too! Thanks buddy!!
Fabou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jun 2010, 23:46   #13
HourBeforeDawn
a.k.a KazeModz

HourBeforeDawn has yet to learn the way of the DremelHourBeforeDawn has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I would be open to giving it a shot if the temps stay good.
DimasTech Test Bench Black ICE Triple 120 Rad Dual Bay Res/Pump DD Fill Port & Res D-Tek FuZion 2 CPU Block ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe Mobo AMD Phenom II 3ghz @ 4ghz 8gb DDR2-1100 Memory (2) AMD 6870 XFire (2) WD Black 640gb Raid 0 (2) 1.5TB SEAGATE Blu-Ray/HD DVD Drive ASUS XONAR DX2 30" DOUBLESIGHT LCD (2) 23" ASUS LCD ZALMAN 8 FAN CONTROLLER (4) NOCTUA P12 (2) NOCTUA P14 1000W ZALMAN PSU WINDOWS 7 PRO 64
HourBeforeDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Jun 2010, 04:13   #14
rickysio
N900 | HJE900

rickysio has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes
Quote:

This is more of a concept than anything else, remember. It's designed for total silence, if you want an example of the potential uses of this, it could be useful in a home recording studio, where ultra-sensitive microphones can pick up noise from even the quietest computers.
Those situations call for passive cooled systems, ergo, this case is useless for that.
rickysio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Jun 2010, 15:46   #15
minus0ne
What's a Dremel?

minus0ne has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
If you want a silent case then high-end air-cooling is the way to go, even the best and more expensive pumps can't beat silent fans these days.
minus0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Jun 2010, 17:15   #16
Bakes
Hypermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickysio View Post
Those situations call for passive cooled systems, ergo, this case is useless for that.
You'd be surprised at how many silent cases there are on the market. They're definitely in single digits. Even if you cool most of the stuff passively, you've still got a power supply, a hard drive and potentially a dvd drive making a signficant amount of noise.

There are so few passive cases on the market that the suggestion you make is a

Quote:
Originally Posted by minus0ne View Post
If you want a silent case then high-end air-cooling is the way to go, even the best and more expensive pumps can't beat silent fans these days.
Disagree. A CPU covered by one fan will always be noisier than a CPU covered by three fans, ie with a triple radiator.

Also, as with the point above, you've got the hard drives, the accessories etc all making noise. This has it's niche, and that niche is where silent means silent, where 'very quiet' is not quiet enough.
Old 14th Jun 2010, 17:17   #17
D-Cyph3r
Gay for Yunosuke

D-Cyph3r has yet to learn the way of the DremelD-Cyph3r has yet to learn the way of the DremelD-Cyph3r has yet to learn the way of the DremelD-Cyph3r has yet to learn the way of the DremelD-Cyph3r has yet to learn the way of the DremelD-Cyph3r has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
But will it absorb the sound of people snoring when you try to explain the sound insulation properties of it?

1 of the cleanest Micro-ATX builds you'll see incoming...
D-Cyph3r is offline   Reply With Quote