bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 15th Jun 2010, 12:17   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Crysis 2 to include stereoscopic 3D

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...reoscopic-3d/1

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jun 2010, 12:21   #2
Jezcentral
Multimodder

Jezcentral has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I can't wait for the graphics card that can deliver Crysis at 120 FPS.
Jezcentral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jun 2010, 12:35   #3
eddtox
Homo Interneticus

eddtox has yet to learn the way of the Dremeleddtox has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Am I the only one who is not 'feeling' this whole 3D vibe?

As for Crysis in 3D - you can't polish a turd. Unless the sequel is going to be a radical departure from the original, both in terms of gameplay and in terms of hardware requirements I'm not even batting an eyelid.

I'm planning to build a system in the 500-600 bracket, based around a Core i3, using the integrated graphics. If a game cannot run reasonably well on it, it fails in my books. Especially when you consider that you can get a console with all the trimmings for half the price.
Old 15th Jun 2010, 12:56   #4
cjoyce1980
Supermodder

cjoyce1980 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I can never watch anything in 3D anyway, so me don't care
cjoyce1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jun 2010, 13:08   #5
Flibblebot
Smile with me

Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.
Still focussing on the technology and ignoring the gameplay.
Old 15th Jun 2010, 13:23   #6
blood69
Minimodder

blood69 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezcentral
ill be happy only with 60 constant fps
blood69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jun 2010, 13:29   #7
Cadair
Minimodder

Cadair has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Someone has got to put the tech in, the more things that support it, the more likely people will develop the next-gen 3D hardware, which might actually be decent!
Cadair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jun 2010, 13:29   #8
Floyd
Wire Twister

Floyd has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
as useless as 3D movies...
Floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jun 2010, 13:51   #9
licenced
Modder

licenced has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddtox
Am I the only one who is not 'feeling' this whole 3D vibe?.
Nope. 3D definitely almost works in cinema, but even there the edge of the screen breaks the immersion for me.

3D is a bandwagon and unfortunately Hollywood have gotten everyone to jump onboard - publishers and hardware developers - in the simple hope that here is the next big thing to make money out of and it might also help reduce piracy due to the technical limitations.

But I just don't see it taking off in the home. The hardware outlay is a big issue, plus having to wear the 3D glasses, if you can find them down the back of the sofa. Then you have the fact that the relative screen size is factors smaller than even the cinema experience and immersion will be almost zero.

Even if you do want to see 3D TV or 3D gaming in action you can't just walk into a shop and ponder it like you could with HD - in my city at least you have to wait for one of the brand retailers (Pioneer, Sony etc) to have a special 'open day' to showcase it. I guess they're too worried about people stealing the glasses or trying to watch it without glasses not realising what it is and being disappointed to have it on all the time.
licenced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jun 2010, 13:55   #10
NuTech
Mod Master

NuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run Crysis
After that amazing E3 demo, I'm really confused.

Crytek have managed to get that level of graphical fidelity running on consoles, together with the 3D rendering overhead and at a steady framerate?

Are they coding gods?
Old 15th Jun 2010, 14:00   #11
memeroot
aged and experianced

memeroot has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmemeroot has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmemeroot has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
great... well apart from the fact that hl2 is already great in 3d...

it was actually a shame crysis wasnt all that good in 3d
memeroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jun 2010, 14:01   #12
Mentai
Hypermodder

Mentai has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddtox
Am I the only one who is not 'feeling' this whole 3D vibe?
I haven't heard of a single consumer excited for 3d, seriously doubt there's much money in it. Don't really appreciate it being forced on us just because manufacturers can't think of anything more exciting.
Mentai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jun 2010, 14:04   #13
kosch
Trango in the Mango

kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.
Everyone everywhere seems to be pushing 3D at the moment, TV, PC's even some phones. I wonder if its part of a larger conspiracy for the reverse engieered holographic alien technology being release in the next few years
kosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jun 2010, 14:29   #14
liratheal
Sharing is caring

liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
..Strive to raise the technology bar?

By using Stereoscopic 3D?

They do realise that stereoscopy has been around for a shade over 150 years, right?
Focus RS Mk1; Build number 1506
liratheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jun 2010, 14:46   #15
Baz
I work for Corsair

Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
3D? Pointless fad-tastic!
Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jun 2010, 14:55   #16
WildThing
Hypermodder

WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WildThing is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Oh Boy!

Seriously though, will this be Nvidia only?
Asus P8P67 PRO Intel i5 2500K @ 4.4GHz Titan Fenrir XFX 6950 @ 6970 2x4GB Corsair DDR3 1600MHz 2x Crucial C300 128GB (OS + Games) Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Auzentech XFI-Prelude + Creative T7700 7.1 Enermax Liberty 500W Corsair 650D case HP 24" LP2475W Win7 x64
WildThing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jun 2010, 15:01   #17
Unknownsock
Supermodder

Unknownsock has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Wonder how much Nvidia/Sony paid them to say this.
Unknownsock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jun 2010, 15:44   #18
Jezcentral
Multimodder

Jezcentral has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by blood69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezcentral
ill be happy only with 60 constant fps
Sorry, my bad. I was thinking that they were using Nvidia's 120Hz 3D tech. Stereoscopic 3D is the Avatar glasses 3D.
Jezcentral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jun 2010, 16:00   #19
Fizzban
Man of Many Typos

Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.
Bothered..

To win the battle, is to be prepared to die - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFlames View Post
Asking to pick between the main parties is like asking which testicle you want to be kicked in, you're gonna get kicked the nuts whoever you pick... Just have to hope whoever you pick aren't wearing steelies...
Fizzban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jun 2010, 16:07   #20
javaman
May irritate Eyes

javaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for president
Can it play....oh hmmmm

Will it support eyefinity too?
javaman is offline   Reply With Quote