bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 16th Jun 2010, 11:00   #1
Sifter3000
I used to be somebody

Sifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Portal 2 E3 trailer

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...2-e3-trailer/1

My weblog is The Wired Jester.
Photos on Flickr.
Sifter3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jun 2010, 11:03   #2
Jack_Pepsi
Clan BeeR Founder

Jack_Pepsi has yet to learn the way of the DremelJack_Pepsi has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Watched this last night (gave me a chubby) I can't wait to see what improvements they've done to the source engine. I'll laugh hard and loud in my friend's face when he sees this ".... Source Engine is too old, they need a new one."

HAHAHHAA! Shuddup!

I want to know if Valve are keeping to their word and sticking with DX9 API or if they've moved on completely (DX11/OpenGL?).
During the rectification of the Vuldronaii the Traveler came as a large, moving Torb. Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the Meketrex supplicants they chose a new form for him—that of a giant Sloar. Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day, I can tell you.
Jack_Pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jun 2010, 11:08   #3
soopahfly
Multimodder

soopahfly can run Crysissoopahfly can run Crysissoopahfly can run Crysissoopahfly can run Crysissoopahfly can run Crysissoopahfly can run Crysissoopahfly can run Crysissoopahfly can run Crysissoopahfly can run Crysis
I cannot wait for this!

You monster.
soopahfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jun 2010, 11:08   #4
BlackMage23
RPG Loving Freak

BlackMage23 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Thought this was gona use Source 2?
Old 16th Jun 2010, 11:10   #5
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMage23
Thought this was gona use Source 2?
Said who at Valve?

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jun 2010, 11:25   #6
B1GBUD
A Paragon of Virtue.... Apparently

B1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming Saiyan
The first thing I noticed was focal depth at 10 - 14 seconds into the trailer, I don't seem to recall focal depth being used in any of the other source games.

Also, the sound during first few seconds into the video reminds me of "Slider" from the Album "ISDN" by the Future Sound Of London.
( Kid you dont want either only bud is any good lol )

Last edited by B1GBUD; 16th Jun 2010 at 11:36.
B1GBUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jun 2010, 11:30   #7
Jack_Pepsi
Clan BeeR Founder

Jack_Pepsi has yet to learn the way of the DremelJack_Pepsi has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by B1GBUD View Post
The first thing I noticed was focal depth at 10 - 14 seconds into the trailer, I don't seem to recall focal depth being used in any of the other source games.
The trailer was most likely made in the Source Film-marker where depth-of-field can be applied.
During the rectification of the Vuldronaii the Traveler came as a large, moving Torb. Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the Meketrex supplicants they chose a new form for him—that of a giant Sloar. Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day, I can tell you.
Old 16th Jun 2010, 11:38   #8
B1GBUD
A Paragon of Virtue.... Apparently

B1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Pepsi
The trailer was most likely made in the Source Film-marker where depth-of-field can be applied.
Damn, and there was me getting my hopes up.
( Kid you dont want either only bud is any good lol )
B1GBUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jun 2010, 11:39   #9
The_Jonas
\m/

The_Jonas has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
It sent shivers down my spine...
Awesome!
Old 16th Jun 2010, 11:39   #10
Jamie
ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Jamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by B1GBUD

Also, the sound during first few seconds into the video reminds me of "Slider" from the Album "ISDN" by the Future Sound Of London.
Trailer != gameplay
Old 16th Jun 2010, 11:40   #11
johnnyboy700
Ultramodder

johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.
Bring it on!!!

By the way, was the big Valve reveal at E3 that Gabe doesn't hate the PS3 anymore? I bloody well hope that wasn't it!!
johnnyboy700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jun 2010, 11:48   #12
spectre456
Ultramodder

spectre456 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelspectre456 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelspectre456 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelspectre456 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelspectre456 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
i just hope that they bloody well announce ep. 3 otherwise... i will be dissapoint
mobo: Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4P Cpu: AMD Phenom 2 X4 945 @ 3.00ghz Gpu: EVGA GTS 450 RAM: OCZ Reapers DDR2 4GB storage: Hitachi Deskstar 320Gb 7200rpm 32Mb cache Case: NZXT Apollo black OS: Windows 7 ultimate x64 keyboard: MS KB mouse: Cooler Master Storm Inferno mousemat: OCZ mouse mat headset: Creative SoundBlaster Arena headset speakers: None
spectre456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jun 2010, 12:05   #13
yakyb
i hate the person above me

yakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysis
i will definitely be buying this
Old 16th Jun 2010, 12:10   #14
Jack_Pepsi
Clan BeeR Founder

Apparently the Source Film-marker will be released after all the TF2 "Meet the..." videos so we'll be able to create our own 'films'. Which will be freaking brilliant. I love to see a L4D short that actually explains the non-existent storyline.
Old 16th Jun 2010, 12:52   #15
erratum1
Banned

erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.
Wicked trailer, I want this bad, hope it doesn't take too long to come out. I love the humour in portal.
erratum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jun 2010, 13:02   #16
wuyanxu
still wants Homeworld 3

wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.
/want!

from the trailer, looks like there will be a more aged look, rather than the clean look of original.
Old 16th Jun 2010, 13:07   #17
crazyceo
Banned

crazyceo has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This is just F%@&in' AWESOME!

Sorry but I feel thats the best possible way to describe it.
crazyceo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jun 2010, 13:31   #18
Blademrk
Why so serious?

Blademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Definitely cannot wai|

|t to play this.

My X-Box Live gamertag, PSN, Steam & Nintendo ID is BladeMrk
Blademrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jun 2010, 13:33   #19
slisgrinder
Supermodder

slisgrinder has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
"You Monster..." <--- Epic!
WIP: SE7ENTH COLUMN (AKA: World Community Grid project)
slisgrinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jun 2010, 15:01   #20
Psy-UK
Multimodder

Psy-UK has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Portal 2 footage...
[Part 1] http://youtu.be/5THiN8szSKM
[Part 2] http://youtu.be/Bq2mZoKkqMw
[Part 3] http://youtu.be/mGlyQmmvj0w
Psy-UK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
e3 2010, portal 2