bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 21st Jun 2010, 11:13   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Fallout: Online announced

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...ne-announced/1

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jun 2010, 11:22   #2
adam_bagpuss
Have you tried turning it off/on ?

adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!adam_bagpuss - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
woot signed up for beta. bring it on ! really really hope this is good
Old 21st Jun 2010, 11:27   #3
Phalanx
Needs more dragons and stuff.

Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Nice! Not played Fallout 3 (waiting for a good Steam Sale!) yet, but I love the look of it!
Old 21st Jun 2010, 11:42   #4
El Rando
I know what a dremel is

El Rando has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I've have never played an MMO but I always imagined that fallout 3 would be epic if it was one. with this and new vegas shortly I am a very very happy student
External HDD: Dane-Elec 500GB, OS: Windows XP SP3
El Rando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jun 2010, 12:03   #5
BlackMage23
RPG Loving Freak

BlackMage23 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Wouldn't this be like Fallen Earth?
Old 21st Jun 2010, 12:38   #6
pimonserry
sounds like a party.

pimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Signed up too

Wasn't a HUGE fan of Fallout 3, but this could be interesting.

+REP ME FOR BEING WONDERFUL
pimonserry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jun 2010, 12:56   #7
liratheal
Sharing is caring

liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMage23
I'd be surprised if there was THAT much difference between the two, to be honest.
Focus RS Mk1; Build number 1506
liratheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jun 2010, 13:40   #8
13eightyfour
Formerly Titanium Angel

13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.13eightyfour is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMage23
I played fallen earth for about 4 months after release, and while it wasnt a bad, there was some massive flaws, whilst i was playing it seemed that you couldnt really gain anything from specializing in one area. For instance i liked the idea of just crafting, but it became boring because everybody else could do the same as well as be lethal in PvP

Hopefully fallout online will have dedicated classes, which make each unique.
13eightyfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jun 2010, 16:10   #9
-equilerex-
Multimodder

-equilerex- has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
for those not aware, this has nothing to do with fallout 3 (considering a few of the replies)
Im glad they managed to get past the legal problems and hope they'll manage to race til the end without Bethesda taking them down. looking forward to it... hope theyll take a lot of testers once they get to that stage.
Old 21st Jun 2010, 17:27   #10
_Metal_Guitar_
Multimodder

_Metal_Guitar_ has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This might actually be good if they go back to how Fallout used to be. The third person action type of gameplay they have in most MMOs looks lame compared to ordinary games. I think an MMO would be well suited to Fallouts original gameplay.
_Metal_Guitar_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jun 2010, 19:52   #11
metarinka
I *am* a Dremel

metarinka can run Crysismetarinka can run Crysismetarinka can run Crysismetarinka can run Crysismetarinka can run Crysismetarinka can run Crysismetarinka can run Crysismetarinka can run Crysismetarinka can run Crysismetarinka can run Crysismetarinka can run Crysis
you know I actually prefer bethseda's treatment of the game over the originals-- i know heresy -- but I think the Bethseda type would make for a better mmo, traveling the wastelands tackling hard vaults and locations as a group. having different professions through the various skills. The only thing that I can't see working is the VATS system unless the combat wasn't real time. I think the original fallout play style is a bit outdated in relation to modern gameplay.

I'll wait and see sounds like this will be a couple years in the making.
metarinka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jun 2010, 21:20   #12
-equilerex-
Multimodder

-equilerex- has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by metarinka
you know I actually prefer bethseda's treatment of the game over the originals-- i know heresy -- but I think the Bethseda type would make for a better mmo, traveling the wastelands tackling hard vaults and locations as a group. having different professions through the various skills. The only thing that I can't see working is the VATS system unless the combat wasn't real time. I think the original fallout play style is a bit outdated in relation to modern gameplay.

I'll wait and see sounds like this will be a couple years in the making.
thats just assuming interplay would stick to 1999, isometric engine and the original single player gameplay... im afraid thats not the case
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Project_V13/

*These screenshots are from an early proof of concept and they do not represent the appearance of the final product.*
Old 21st Jun 2010, 21:40   #13
kzinti1
Multimodder

kzinti1 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I've also signed up. I really despise all the MMO's I've tried so far. Hopefully, this will be the one I've been searching for.
kzinti1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jun 2010, 00:19   #14
Yemerich
I can has PERSUADETRON?

Yemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
This is the best news since....
Fallout 2?...

Count me in and LONG LIVE INTERPLAY!!
Hades (Best advanced casemod design CP-Brazil 2010)

Take a look on my projects here.
Yemerich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jun 2010, 11:13   #15
Fizzl
Multimodder

Fizzl has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
If you sign up to their forum you can see some concept art under 'Project: V13' Oh what a subtle codename that was!
Fizzl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jun 2010, 13:30   #16
Xir
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.
Hmmm, reminds me I've still got to play the extensions
X1800XT 512mb Sapphire
200GB Samsung SP2004C 24" Asus something 1920x1080
Xir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jun 2010, 16:20   #17
mrbens
Supermodder

mrbens has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph4lanx
Nice! Not played Fallout 3 (waiting for a good Steam Sale!) yet, but I love the look of it!
You just missed one!! A couple of weeks ago Fallout 3 with all 4 expansions 50% off, just £14.99.
Oblivion (66% off) & Morrowind (75% off) GOTY editions too for about £10 & £3.75.
My SilverStone TJ07B PC: Haswell i5 4670K | MSI Z87-G45 Gaming mobo | 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | MSI GTX 760 Twin Frozr 2GB | Seasonic X-Series 750W PSU | Crucial M4 128GB SSD | Crucial M225 128GB SSD | OCZ Solid 3 120GB SSD
Sound: Epiphany Acoustics' E-DAC & O2 Heahphone Amp | Little Dot MK III Tube Headphone Amp | Beyerdynamic DT880 Premium 600ohm Headphones (music) | Onkyo HT-S3305B AV Receiver + 5.1 speakers (movies)
mrbens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jun 2010, 20:32   #18
The_Beast
I like wood ಠ_ಠ

The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Nice, I can't wait to game it up online
- i7 3770k - MSI Z77A-GD65 - EVGA GTX 570 - 8Gb G.Skill Sniper (1.25v) - Fractal R3 Black - Corsair H50 - Corsair 750HX - Samsung 830 128Gb SSD - 6 Samsung F4EG 2TB - 2 WD Black 1TB - 2 WD Black 750GB - Dell UltraSharp U2410 - WASD V1 Custom - IBM Model M SSK - KBC Poker (Ergo-Clears) - Logitech Mx518 & G500 - Audio Technica AD700 - Logitech Z4 - Windows 7 Pro -
The_Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jun 2010, 15:07   #19
Xir
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbens View Post
You just missed one!!
Shame Steam don't announce their sales... I don't really log in every day just-to-check-out.
X1800XT 512mb Sapphire
200GB Samsung SP2004C 24" Asus something 1920x1080
Xir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Dec 2011, 23:04   #20
hunter1
What's a Dremel?

hunter1 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I can't wait for the beta to release in semi late 2012 and I love the fallout series...Can't wait to help out by being a beta tester also..
hunter1 is offline   Reply With Quote