bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 23rd Jun 2010, 11:16   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Dell launches Green Store

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/bits/20...-green-store/1

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jun 2010, 11:20   #2
The_Beast
I like wood ಠ_ಠ

The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Meh, I'm not going to buy a "green" laptop anytime soon unless of course you mean the color
- i7 3770k - MSI Z77A-GD65 - EVGA GTX 570 - 8Gb G.Skill Sniper (1.25v) - Fractal R3 Black - Corsair H50 - Corsair 750HX - Samsung 830 128Gb SSD - 6 Samsung F4EG 2TB - 2 WD Black 1TB - 2 WD Black 750GB - Dell UltraSharp U2410 - WASD V1 Custom - IBM Model M SSK - KBC Poker (Ergo-Clears) - Logitech Mx518 & G500 - Audio Technica AD700 - Logitech Z4 - Windows 7 Pro -
The_Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jun 2010, 13:37   #3
Denis_iii
Ultramodder

Denis_iii has yet to learn the way of the DremelDenis_iii has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
i'm impressed
Denis_iii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jun 2010, 16:54   #4
eddtox
Homo Interneticus

eddtox has yet to learn the way of the Dremeleddtox has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Meh, marketing spin. What are the green credentials of launching a new (web) storefront, when they already have one?
Old 23rd Jun 2010, 17:46   #5
ZERO <ibis>
Supermodder

ZERO <ibis> has yet to learn the way of the DremelZERO <ibis> has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
What always bothers me most about this green marketing in particular is how much it just plays into peoples ignorance.
Old 23rd Jun 2010, 18:19   #6
Matticus

Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.Matticus is definitely a rep cheat.
I think it is quite a good idea.

Yes the machines probably aren't really that "green" and yes people will buy anything that is green, and yes dell are jumping on this to make some more cash. But if it helps people save a few watts here and there then it good for their electricity bill and good for the environment*.

*Yes I know laptops and PCs are not good for the environment by their very nature, but if they involve the same manufacturing process yet one machine uses a little less power when it is built then it can only be a good thing.
Old 23rd Jun 2010, 21:46   #7
Furymouse
Like connect 4 in dagger terms

Furymouse has yet to learn the way of the DremelFurymouse has yet to learn the way of the DremelFurymouse has yet to learn the way of the DremelFurymouse has yet to learn the way of the DremelFurymouse has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
How many extra servers did it take to launch said new storefront?
Old 23rd Jun 2010, 22:00   #8
Fabou
Supermodder

Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
The idea is even if I'm not sure it is really grenn or just called gren for the ad.
But too bad "ecology" goes neceserrally with overpriced.
I really like your comment mate I wish I could express myself like this too! Thanks buddy!!
Fabou is offline   Reply With Quote