bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 25th Jun 2010, 09:48   #1
Sifter3000
I used to be somebody

Sifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSifter3000 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Asus Ares and Immensity technology preview

We get deeply techy and quiz Asus PMs about its new Ares graphics card and Immensity motherboard.

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/gra...logy-preview/1

My weblog is The Wired Jester.
Photos on Flickr.
Sifter3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jun 2010, 09:50   #2
Phalanx
Needs more dragons and stuff.

Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
That looks nuts!
Old 25th Jun 2010, 09:58   #3
rickysio
N900 | HJE900

rickysio has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The Ares looks insane!
rickysio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jun 2010, 10:11   #4
liratheal
Sharing is caring

liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
..I need that card.
Focus RS Mk1; Build number 1506
liratheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jun 2010, 10:15   #5
memeroot
aged and experianced

memeroot has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmemeroot has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmemeroot has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
more interested in the graphics card with lucid built in
memeroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jun 2010, 10:27   #6
Jipa
Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Jipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run Crysis
The card is nothing a but a tool for the extreme overclockers to get the world records for Asus. They might just as well sell that without any cooler at all as 90% of the users are just going to slap a couple of LN2-cups on it.
Old 25th Jun 2010, 11:39   #7
Jack_Pepsi
Clan BeeR Founder

Jack_Pepsi has yet to learn the way of the DremelJack_Pepsi has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Even though I dislike nVIDIA - I think I'd prefer to see a nVIDIA chip in that Immensity than an ATi chip. Mainly down to that my main GFX card would be an ATi card so having the nVIDIA chip would mean I could use it for PhysX.

Eitherway, I'm not interested in purchasing the board (or Ares) for myself, just not my style.
During the rectification of the Vuldronaii the Traveler came as a large, moving Torb. Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the Meketrex supplicants they chose a new form for him—that of a giant Sloar. Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day, I can tell you.
Jack_Pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jun 2010, 11:56   #8
Fabou
Supermodder

Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
@jipa
It would hace been sad considered how hot this cooler is, it's what give the look to the card.
I really like your comment mate I wish I could express myself like this too! Thanks buddy!!
Fabou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jun 2010, 14:05   #9
javaman
May irritate Eyes

javaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for president
Any ETA for a round 2 with the lucid hydra?
javaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jun 2010, 14:13   #10
balatro2005
Multimodder

balatro2005 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.balatro2005 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.balatro2005 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.balatro2005 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.balatro2005 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.balatro2005 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.balatro2005 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.balatro2005 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.balatro2005 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.balatro2005 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.balatro2005 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Ohh i want one lol How much of a loan will i need ?
balatro2005 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jun 2010, 14:27   #11
isaac12345
Supermodder

isaac12345 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelisaac12345 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelisaac12345 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelisaac12345 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Good concept. A few years down the line, with better manufacturing processes and lower prices, this could possibly become a good solution for gamers.
isaac12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jun 2010, 14:55   #12
fatty beef
State Side

fatty beef has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
at least theyre still building cool stuff for the PC which has apprently been dead the last several years, go figure : )
fatty beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jun 2010, 15:46   #13
Kojak
Who loves ya baby

Kojak has yet to learn the way of the DremelKojak has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Does anyone know if the R3E uses this 'Direct FET VRM method?
Old 25th Jun 2010, 16:58   #14
andrew8200m
All of the hilarious

andrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Lol.. those pictures look familiar Richard :P

How much was the total estimated pre sale production costs of the immensity board??

Andy
andrew8200m is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jun 2010, 16:58   #15
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by javaman
Any ETA for a round 2 with the lucid hydra?
Next month sometime! I'm going to test the 870-Hydra because it's the best option out there: SLI on AMD
Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jun 2010, 17:40   #16
samuelmorris
Minimodder

samuelmorris has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I wonder if these are built properly. 2/2 DOA Sapphire 4GB HD5970s and I'm not buying from them again. That said, this is Asus, so it'll probably be even worse. I'm curious in seeing the price of the XFX offering.
samuelmorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jun 2010, 18:04   #17
andrew8200m
All of the hilarious

andrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyanandrew8200m is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelmorris View Post
I wonder if these are built properly. 2/2 DOA Sapphire 4GB HD5970s and I'm not buying from them again. That said, this is Asus, so it'll probably be even worse. I'm curious in seeing the price of the XFX offering.
xfx is poor cheap nastiness...
and all the ARIES at computex did there time running 10hour loops of vantage and other games without issue so I would say your more than likely going to have very few issues with this big ol card!

Andy
andrew8200m is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jun 2010, 18:10   #18
Fizzban
Man of Many Typos

Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.
That card is beautiful..

To win the battle, is to be prepared to die - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFlames View Post
Asking to pick between the main parties is like asking which testicle you want to be kicked in, you're gonna get kicked the nuts whoever you pick... Just have to hope whoever you pick aren't wearing steelies...
Fizzban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jun 2010, 21:54   #19
Elton
Proud Model M User

Elton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming Saiyan
That is insane. Of course Asus has had a great history for making cards that are mind blowingly and stupidly awesome.

With that said, the Immensity could be like that other P5K, but probably with more capabilities than their previous offering. This could be the next step in intergrated, if say other companies can copy this, then perhaps HTPCs will be much easier to make, no need for an extra GPU just use the integrated one which can game also.
Old 26th Jun 2010, 01:17   #20
javaman
May irritate Eyes

javaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindibadgi View Post
Next month sometime! I'm going to test the 870-Hydra because it's the best option out there: SLI on AMD
very nice stuff, looking forward to it. Any early indications on performance yet or is it a total unknown until you get to test?
javaman is offline   Reply With Quote